May 09, 2024, 06:55:30 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I'm going to MoogFest even though none of the artists have been announced. It's in Asheville and it's done by the same people who did the Big Ears festival. so yeah.

Daddy

My best friends sister has 2 crystal castles tickets. She might not be able to go and offered them to my best friend and I if she can't

Show is in august

Geno

Saw Tool. It was fucking amazing.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

spaceman

PITCHFORK 4 DAYS

Also, Ratatat in September.

The span of days that will be September 10-23rd will be pretty awesome.

Ratatat, Titus Andronicus, my friend's birthday, Best Coast, Free Energy, Male Bonding, Pavement (for the 2nd time in 3 months), my birthday, and my cousin's wedding.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Samus Aran

oh so yeah i saw Peter Frampton and Yes two nights ago

Steve Howe is still a beast, and i really liked his little acoustic solo bit. Yes mostly stuck to their best-known stuff...Starship Trooper, Roundabout, Owner of a Lonely Heart...but a couple nice surprises from here and there as well, mostly from earlier albums (thankfully). their new vocalist's voice is so accurate it's scary.

Frampton had a good sense of humor, played around with the talkbox a lot and interacted with the crowd a lot more than Yes. it was kinda odd for him to play an instrumental version of Black Hole Sun but it was a nice surprise, but the best moments were, predictably, "Show Me the Way" and "Do You Feel Like We Do?"

all in all, good night. small venue at a winery...the sun was waayyy too bright for some of Frampton's show but once the sun went down it was great.

overall, Yes was completely kickass, Frampton was fairly awesome

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Oh yeah, I saw ween a few weeks ago on the 26th of june in Chcago at the aragon. I've seen them quite a few times already, but I love the hell out of em so it's always a new and worthwhile experience.

Very intimate show though. The aragon is fucking beautiful aesthetically, but the sound was a little springy at times. We didn't want to move around, though, because we were basically planted right at Deaner's feet. Basically I was absorbing every fucking vibe his guitar was weeping.

Really good atmosphere too. Met a handful of really cool people and we tagged with them after the show to a few bars and shit.

Gener was off his mind, though, and, after listening to the rip of the concert, it's hard not to notice it. Didn't really phase me at the show. He came in late on a few songs and repeatedly fucked up the lyrics.

"Right to the ways and the rules of the world" and a cover of Bowie's "Let's dance" made up for it though. Maybe.

Good time though. And if any of you get a chance to see them before Gene dies of.....something, do it. They're quite a unique and badass live performance.

spaceman

July 17, 2010, 10:57:58 AM #412 Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 11:36:39 AM by fluxus
Pitchfork Day One-

Tallest Man on Earth was totally kickass, he said he had gotten off a plane from Sweden only a few hours before, and hadn't slept in 2 days, so he practically dying on stage in the 95 degree heat, and he was still amazing. Sounded great, good crowd, overall an awesome experience.

Then his sister, Robyn, came on after while we were waiting for Broken Social Scene. She was kind of dreadful.

Broken Social Scene live at Pitchfork was one of the best live concert experiences of my entire life, I was in the very front and very center right in the middle of the pit, having a wonderful time. Wonderful setlist, mostly stuff off of Forgiveness Rock Record and a couple older stuff. Was mindblowing and I honestly can't say enough good things about how they performed.

Modest Mouse's performance was total meh. Only 4 of the 14 songs they played was before 2004. Forgettable, but still nice to have seen MM live.

Then while we were waiting for BSS, Liars came on. I'd never heard them before but god damn they were fun to watch and listen to. They're frontman was exciting. I expected I'd be listening to something before BSS and wanting them to get their set over with so BSS could come on, but it wasn't like that at all.
n_u

And then today is Titus Andronicus, Raekwon, Wolf Parade/WHY? (STILL CANT DECIDE), and LCD Soundsystem.

:D

the shortest route to the sea

July 18, 2010, 10:51:20 PM #413 Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 11:11:17 PM by Sheets are Swaying
WHY? goddammit

Medications Saturday night. I'm dancing my ass off.  bassir;

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

spaceman

Quote from: Sheets are Swaying on July 18, 2010, 10:51:20 PM
WHY? goddammit

Medications Saturday night. I'm dancing my ass off.  bassir;

You're two days late.

I went and saw Wolf Parade. If I had left my spot to go see Why then I wouldn't have been in the dance pit orgy of LCD Soundsystem, 3 rows from the stage.

And I totally was.

And it was awesome.

Wrench

Might see Weezer and Motion City Soundtrack on the 31st

C.Mongler

SEEING THE FUCKING HOLD STEADY FOR THE THIRD TIME IN MY LIFE HOLY FUCK IM SO EXCITED FUCK YEAH I HOPE ITS NOT TOO COLD SO I CAN WEAR MY TANK TOP TO SHOW OFF MY TATTOO AND BE THE COOLEST MOTHER FUCKER THERE BECAUSE I LOVE HOLD STEADY MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE EVEN YOU

srsly October 4th, consequences will never be the same  wariodood;

Geno

I get to see them before you lol
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

C.Mongler

Quote from: GENOP on July 20, 2010, 07:09:19 PM
I get to see them before you lol

did i mention its my third time seeing them lol

Geno

Quote from: C Mongler on July 20, 2010, 08:03:59 PM
did i mention its my third time seeing them lol
I still get to see them before you lol

Go Up