May 18, 2024, 07:30:54 PM

1,531,627 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

LCK

Quote from: Porter on December 03, 2009, 07:00:54 AM
Last concert I went to was in August

Kid cudi and Asher roth. Hot damn
what the fuck

the shortest route to the sea

Aw fuck gotta revive this one.

Last night, got a call at 6:30 from a friend inviting me to Ben Folds, opened by Kate Miller-Heidke. Doors were at 7:0, and I broke landspeed records on public transportation to get there before Kate ended. It's unbelievable that Ben is able to fill an entire room with his energy with only a piano. This is going to birth a blog post but I don't know when.

Also got invited to see Amanda Palmer's side project, Evelyn Evelyn, next Monday. I know nothing about them but it should be interesting. It'll technically be my third time seeing Amanda, although always in different incarnations and never just her.

The week after that I'm taking my cute friend to see Owen Pallett at the ICA. I'll be there around...3:00 PM, probably to fuck around the ICA and read books until 7:00. Or maybe not. Haha, to get at the venue before the artist...

The week after that we're doing the school musical and I'm starting my senior recording project, so that'll be music filled.

And the week after that I'm seeing Jonsi with a lovely lady. HIs new record is supposedly Gobbldigook times 12, which would be amazing.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Skylark

devendra broke his femur so his show was cancelled
busdriver on sunday was amazing
beach house next and i have high expectations

possbily yeasayer but we will see.
the book of right on

sorry about devendra, but what was busdriver's show like? I don't know any of his stuff.

cocorosie here on june 12th...mmm...she wants revenge and psychedelic furs too...aaaand a flash trip to montreal this weekend...

Geno

Passion Pit on monday
And A Day To Remember, Silverstein, Enter Shikari, and August Burns Red on the 28th  giggle;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

strongbad

going to see the xx on monday
i've never even heard them but my friend told me that they were awesome so i checked them out and they are pretty good
so i can't wait

Andria

I just purchased my ticket to see The Thermals on Wednesday night  hocuspocus;

I can't wait it will be my first concert ever for a non-local band

strongbad

So pumped to see The xx and Nosaj Thing today hocuspocus;

Got back from Evelyn Evelyn, i.e. Amanda Palmer and Jason Webly messing around for 2 or so hours. Wonderful cabaret-esque show, wish it had a bit more punch to it but the concept is enough to keep it rolling for as long as it did.

strongbad

Concert was a success!
Nosaj Thing: Fucking awesome korean dude playing some sick electonic shit. Only lasted like 20 minutes but he strung all of his songs together and it was awesome.
JJ: I had never heard of them before, and the band consisted of one fat girl singing, awesome electronics, and one dude walking around pretending (literally) to play a guitar. It was pretty cool actually.
The xx: Fucking awesome.

Andria

I just got home from The Thermals playing with Past Lives and The Coathangers.

The Coathangers went on first and were really energetic and fun. They were jumping off the stage and pushing people around and just having a hell of a good time.

Then Past Lives came up and played some pretty cool songs and were funny making jokes about the crowd and like screaming at this one drunk guy telling him to dance.  n_u

Then finally The Thermals came up and everyone just went wild. There was a mosh pit like right on the stage people were jumping up and then crowd surfing off and the band was just laughing it off. They played like a bit of everything including some new material that like no one had heard before.

It was awesome I loved it  giggle; well worth my 14 dollars

Daddy

I heard of jj and listen to them

Hipster victory

Placebo Headwound

Flaming Lips on Monday.

OMFG.

Skylark

beach house tomorrrroooow
the book of right on

strongbad

Quote from: Khadafi on April 15, 2010, 10:31:06 AM
I heard of jj and listen to them

Hipster victory

They were weird baddood;
They were covering Nirvana's Drain You at one point and my friend turned around and was like, "Is this a cover?" I mean god damn we live in Seattle.

Go Up