May 01, 2024, 02:10:00 AM

1,531,648 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

Skylark

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 15, 2009, 05:14:52 AM

The Mountain Goats / Final Fantasy tour? I'm catching that in Boston, I hear Guff might be catching it.

I hear the Goats are awful live, so I'm going to listen to, and then hopefully chat up, Owen Pallett.

Yeaaah. We didn't go unfortunately. Would have been good... Too bad they didn't come to Phoenix or at least Tucson or something. I hope you like it!
the book of right on

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Thyme on November 19, 2009, 01:47:17 AM
C'est mieux que de le voler. maps;

oh also

Between the Buried and Me, Cynic, Devin Townsend Project and Scale The Submit on January 27th. I think I should go. befuddlement

If I were you and I had the money, I'd be going to shows every weekend. But this is especially good.

Quote from: Skylark on November 19, 2009, 01:15:43 PM
Yeaaah. We didn't go unfortunately. Would have been good... Too bad they didn't come to Phoenix or at least Tucson or something. I hope you like it!

I'm kind of in a high state of fangirliness about Owen Pallett, so I'll have a wonderful time.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Thyme

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 19, 2009, 01:50:28 PM
If I were you and I had the money, I'd be going to shows every weekend. But this is especially good.

If you were me, you'd be too scared to be alone in a loud crowd. ;_;

Especially in a crowd with such a high potential of moshpit. n_u

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Thyme on November 19, 2009, 02:07:15 PM

I've gone to shows like that alone plenty of times. It's quite easy to stay out of the mosh pit. baddood;

Of course, I hope you enjoy have no room to move surrounded by a bunch of drunk people headbanging and jumping like crazy. hocuspocus;

Quote from: Thyme on November 19, 2009, 02:07:15 PM

Moshpits are only a problem if a) you're unobservant enough to get caught in one while it's starting, or b) if you're far up and trying to get out to take a drink or something.

Casa del Popolo certainly doesn't have any pits, that's for sure.

The worst I've gotten at a concert with a heavy pit has been a mohawk up the nose.

sans culottes

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 18, 2009, 11:14:31 PM
Tell her how much of a spiritual experience this is. Like, really. It's spiritual.
yeah but on second thought i don't think i'd really want to go without a friend, and even though i have a friend who would love to go, it'd be complicated to take him to oklahoma for a day when i have to visit family the next day. once again, my mom and her extended family who she sees like every month, have to fuck up my concert plans. this is almost as bad as when i had free rush tickets but i had to go to the lake with my cousins (when i could have easily done it the next weekend)

as you might be able to tell by now, my mom is a stupid fuck

@thyme: unless everyone's a dipshit, mosh pits aren't that dangerous. the ones i've been in didn't get too violent, they just pushed. if someone fell, they immediately picked him up. if someone dropped something, people would clear the area around him until he found it. i've never been to a metal show, though, and i would expect a metal mosh to be a lot different.
I support BUSH

spaceman

all the mountain goats/final fantasy mentions makes me so angry i couldn't go on the 5th of november.

Quote from: Stagger Lee on November 19, 2009, 03:47:24 PM
. i've never been to a metal show, though, and i would expect a metal mosh to be a lot different.

Punk moshes are up there, though. Like, you don't get crazy shit like circle pits or the wall, but people are quite violent and quite energetic.

Placebo Headwound

Just found out Passion Pit is playing in January.

Three nights, but the last night is the only one that isn't sold out. hocuspocus;

Daddy

Passion Pit has a few shows here.  hocuspocus;

Daddy

Your tickets have been printed.

Your tickets were shipped via standard USPS mail. Items shipped in this way will arrive at least 48 hours prior to the event.
bassir;

Daddy

Wait, I just realized this thread wasn't always an 'upcoming and recent concerts' thread. When did it morph into that?  wariodood;

??????

Quote from: JMV on November 20, 2009, 08:23:15 AM
Wait, I just realized this thread wasn't always an 'upcoming and recent concerts' thread. When did it morph into that?  wariodood;
stop trying to purposely gain attention you giant attention-deprived faggot giggle;

Mando Pandango

Passion Pit has a few shows everywhere. I think one of their concerts in NYC is going to be with Phoenix, so I should try to get tickets to that before they sell out.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Daddy

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on November 20, 2009, 09:33:13 AM
Passion Pit has a few shows everywhere. I think one of their concerts in NYC is going to be with Phoenix, so I should try to get tickets to that before they sell out.
They're from Boston though so I meant to say that they're a bit more frequent here.  doodella;

Go Up