May 02, 2024, 02:33:57 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

Amanda Palmer's boston show got cancelled, so ticketmaster better fucking give me back my 60 dollars. She say's I'll have a good shot at the new year's eve show because of this messup, so I'm excited for that. It'll work out...I think...

...my dad is very resistent of letting me go to the islands concert because it's a school night... >.<

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Mando Pandango

September 26, 2009, 08:32:25 PM #196 Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 08:35:54 PM by Man of Popsicle
Just got back from Say Anything. Omfg awesome, but I'll get to that.

Just so you all know before you read this: I was in the FRONT FUCKING ROW. RIGHT IN FRONT OF A SPEAKER. YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!

Opening opening act was Mike Del Rio. I had never heard of this guy, but I'm really glad that I got to see him. I'd try to describe him but I'm listening to his studio recordings now, and they're definitely the same songs, but they sound different somehow. He was still excellent. Also his drummer was a chick and she was good. What's up with that? Saw him outside after the show, shook his hand, told him he was awesome. He was.

Next up was TV/TV. They were not very good and the singer was trying, and failing, to make friends with the crowd. The banter was alright though.

Then Say Anything was up and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I actually knew just about every song that they played. That does not happen often for me. Here was the setlist. Any notes I make next to songs were straight out of Max's mouth, so if they're false, then Max is a liar.

Woe
Every Man Has A Molly
Alive With The Glory Of Love
Hate Everyone
Shiksa (Girlfriend)
Baby Girl, I'm A Blur
Mara And Me (first time anyone not associated with the band had even heard this song. AWESUM.)
This Is Fucking Ecstasy (first ever live performance)
Skinny, Mean Man
Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too
It's A Metaphor, Fool
Slowly, Through A Vector
The Futile

ENCORE:
Belt
I Want To Know Your Plans (a different song was planned as the second encore, but Max said fuck it and asked for a request. He played this solo with a guitar.)

Max was right in my face a few times. The girl next to me caught a pick, but that wasn't the best thing that happened at the show. The kid on the other side of me was a die-hard Say Anything fan. Absolutely no question his favorite band. He caught a drumstick. Max personally handed him the setlist. Oh, and also, he and Max were face-to-face a few times singing into the mix together. Just seeing that kid as ecstatic as he was was enough to make this an incredible concert. But, even without that, it was pretty damn awesome.

If you know me on Facebook I'll have up some photos and a couple videos up soon.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on September 26, 2009, 08:32:25 PM
Also his drummer was a chick and she was good. What's up with that?

>.<

Glad you had a good show, dear.  hocuspocus;

So here's the scoop:

I'm missing the Le Loup concert on the 13th, 'cause it's 18+. Shit sucks. But:

Nov 4th: Islands
Nov 28thish: Mountain Goats + Final Fantasy
Dec 31st (we hope): Amanda Fucking Palmer

AFP concert got cancelled, which sucks, but we have preshow tix now.

Also, someone get a ticket for the Mountain goats show, I need someone to go with cough jmv cough

strongbad

I missed a Miike Snow concert because it was 21+ ;-;
Pinback in november can't wait omg

Placebo Headwound

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.

GOGOL BORDELLO IS PLAYING THREE GOD DAMN NIGHTS HERE IN NYC, AND ALL THREE ARE FUCKING 18+.

I FUCKING HATE WEBSTER HALL. THEY TOOK THE MOUNTAIN GOATS AWAY FROM ME TOO. myface;

burzumfan420

Placebo Headwound

Le Loup came and gone...but there's Islands and Mountain Goats to look forward to.

Also, secret sale for Amanda Fucking Palmer tickets New Years Eve show, for those who got fucked over by the House of Blues cancellation. I got 2 tickets. She's asked us to keep the venue a secret, but holy shit that's going to be the best night ever. I'm so excited.

If you really wanna know, pm me ;)

Mando Pandango

I'm in the concerts program at my school and they had a list of bands they're considering inviting to play for people to vote on. Black Moth Super Rainbow was on there. I voted like the fist of the motherfucking north star.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on October 07, 2009, 04:01:26 AM
I'm in the concerts program at my school and they had a list of bands they're considering inviting to play for people to vote on. Black Moth Super Rainbow was on there. I voted like the fist of the motherfucking north star.

They are absolutely fantastic live. Like, maybe some other acts have more engaging and elevating shows, but no one can pull off the feeling that Black Moth Super Rainbow pulls off. It's at once cynically aware and beautifully observant and shamelessly energetic and unobliviously joyful.

Also: you lucky shit. What are the other options?

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 08, 2009, 01:51:08 AM
They are absolutely fantastic live. Like, maybe some other acts have more engaging and elevating shows, but no one can pull off the feeling that Black Moth Super Rainbow pulls off. It's at once cynically aware and beautifully observant and shamelessly energetic and unobliviously joyful.

Also: you lucky shit. What are the other options?
The only other one that caught my eye was a solo act of one of the members of Incubus (I want to say Ben Kenney). There were some other good ones but I saw BSMR and remembered what you said about their performance and I was like OMFG YES.

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on October 08, 2009, 02:35:23 AM
The only other one that caught my eye was a solo act of one of the members of Incubus (I want to say Ben Kenney). There were some other good ones but I saw BSMR and remembered what you said about their performance and I was like OMFG YES.

Tell me the date, I'll make sure to make a trip to vassar a few days before and then, in the trip home, swing by Hofstra.

Shit'll be cash!

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 08, 2009, 02:40:31 AM
Tell me the date, I'll make sure to make a trip to vassar a few days before and then, in the trip home, swing by Hofstra.

Shit'll be cash!
oh u

alright

Go Up