May 02, 2024, 12:08:39 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

squirrelfriend

i'm going to dc like next month for a day trip and then leaving for a concert ~_^

C.Mongler

Samus Aran

not completely sure i wanna spend $50 to see wilco and kurt vile but i'm really tempted

Mando Pandango

i

hate

kurt vile

wilco might be ok they'd be nice to see live at some point but i wouldn't go somewhere just for them
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

AAAAAAAA

I might not go to all of these, but here's what's on deck for me:

4/12 - Residents
4/13 - Thundercat
4/19 - Lush
4/20 - Courtney Barnett
4/21 - Frightened Rabbit
4/22 - Federale
5/1 - Beach Slang
5/3 - Melt-Banana
5/10 - David Cross
5/11 - Bob Mould
5/13 - Violent Femmes
5/19 - Nada Surf
5/22 - Blonde Redhead
5/23 - Buzzcocks
5/28 - Savages
6/1 - La Luz
6/11 - Caravan Palace
6/22 - The Pack a.d.
6/24 - King Khan
7/13 - Wye Oak
7/23 - Claypool Lennon
7/28 - Weird Al
8/28 - Project Pabst
9/4 - Swans
9/12 - White Lung
9/17 - Richard Thompson
9/25 - Echo & Bunnymen

Samus Aran

jelly that you get to see violent femmes

squirrelfriend

i'm going 2 an m83 show just to people watch

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on April 11, 2016, 06:37:27 AM
jelly that you get to see violent femmes

Saw them in 2013 at Coachella with original lineup playing all of their s/t (plus b-sides and American Music). Was pretty amazing, and they were joined by the sax player from The Stooges' Fun House.

This time, they have a new drummer again (although his kit is literally a weber grill), and are playing more of a mix of stuff I assume, so I don't know if it'll be as good.

Hiro

C.Mongler

oh yeah i went to some Damaged City Fest events this weekend. as always, i start looking up bands after the fact and get sad I missed them. saw Post Teens from FL who were REALLY cool and also Power was real good and saw some friends bands which were cool.

reeper

saw david gilmour going to see david cross. so good

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

just got back from the residents

what a disappointing show

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on April 12, 2016, 11:34:33 PM

Wait, do you live in Portland? I considered going to that show.

What was it like? I saw them a few years back (40th anniversary tour?), and it was interesting. No eyeballs, no drummer. Sounded great though.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on April 13, 2016, 06:10:46 PM
Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on April 12, 2016, 11:34:33 PM

What was it like? I saw them a few years back (40th anniversary tour?), and it was interesting. No eyeballs, no drummer. Sounded great though.
yeah!

They didnt have a drummer this go around either. They showed the documentary about them before the show. The doc was very good but i dont think an hour and a half film is the best way to warm up the audience. They showed clips of prior tours from the 80s/90s and I thought to myself "damn this is going to be a god damn circus". It was a keyboard player, a guitarist, and the singer Ralph. They had a weird orb on a pedestal behind them that would play little vignettes here and there. Ralph has to be 70 something now and we pretty much just yelled and danced around (which im fine with but all the loops and his dancing made every song have the same feel.)

idk im also not familiar with their music, I had a few friends that went as well and they really enjoyed it.

Also Geno lives in Portland too I wonder if he went.

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on April 13, 2016, 06:48:22 PM
Quote from: SloppyJimbo on April 13, 2016, 06:10:46 PM

yeah!

They didnt have a drummer this go around either. They showed the documentary about them before the show. The doc was very good but i dont think an hour and a half film is the best way to warm up the audience. They showed clips of prior tours from the 80s/90s and I thought to myself "damn this is going to be a god damn circus". It was a keyboard player, a guitarist, and the singer Ralph. They had a weird orb on a pedestal behind them that would play little vignettes here and there. Ralph has to be 70 something now and we pretty much just yelled and danced around (which im fine with but all the loops and his dancing made every song have the same feel.)

idk im also not familiar with their music, I had a few friends that went as well and they really enjoyed it.

Also Geno lives in Portland too I wonder if he went.

Wow, it's crazy that you guys live here! Maybe I've ran into you at concerts in the past. I live in Hillsboro now but will be moving to the city (most likely NW) in a couple months because it's boring here.

Interesting that they played the doc. Clinton Theater was showing it last Tuesday, and I almost went, but ended up busy. Otherwise, that sounds pretty similar to the show I saw a few years back. No orb, but a lot of inflatable Christmas decorations. Ralph wore a Santa suit.

Go Up