May 02, 2024, 08:30:39 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

Thyme

skyharbor (thumbup;), erra (meh), the contortionist (thumbup; thumbup;), tesseract (wrench;)

Mando Pandango

the one time i saw tesseract they were hot garbage and that makes me sad
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on November 08, 2015, 02:08:21 PM
Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on October 31, 2015, 03:31:41 PM
thundercat is cool

also I'm seeing TWIABP on the 8th, also maybe Yo La Tengo's acoustic set on the 7th but not sure yet

i did not bother going to YLT but i am seeing TWIABP tonight

tbh i kinda forgot about YLT anyway oops
everybody forgets about ylt. i slept on getting tix and now they're sold out

Travis

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on November 12, 2015, 05:54:53 PM
the one time i saw tesseract they were hot garbage and that makes me sad
they're pretty meh anyway

Samus Aran

seeing deerhunter tonight hell yeah

C.Mongler

i saw ty segall (AND THE MUGGERS) last night, and it was alright. not as big of a fan of the direction of his music these days compared to the likes of melted and goodbye bread n shit. was definitely entertaining, but not as good as the last time i saw him, and unless he goes back to the garage fuzz shit (and/or performs with/as TY SEGALL BAND) it will probably be the last time i see him. $35 a ticket was also WAYYYYY too fucking much

seeing downtown boys and pissed jeans tonight which im really amped for though, got a lot of pent up mosh in me that i couldn't get out at ty segall last night lol

Samus Aran

upcoming shows:

march 4 - foxing (maybe. i've already seen em once but i still might go anyway.)
march 12 - daughter
march 27 - acid mothers temple
march 30 - skating polly (maybe)
april 1 - shellac/mono
april 4 - yuck
april 5 - milk & bone
april 7 - tacocat (maybe)
april 24 - melvins/melt-banana/napalm death
may 2 - wild nothing
may 14 - brian jonestown massacre

gonna be a good spring.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on December 14, 2015, 01:03:03 PM
seeing deerhunter tonight hell yeah

btw this deerhunter show was just all right. their approach to playing live was to make all their songs more upbeat and have more instrumentation. not really what i was hoping for from this band, but oh well. granted, doesn't help that their new album wasn't that great, just decent

crystalpepsi

Anyone seen Metric live? I'm considering going next month but I hear mixed things.  akudood;

C.Mongler

i saw them like almost 6 years ago. they were good, but not amazing. i'm not the biggest metric fan though, so that could have been a reason, and my girlfriend at the time was being a real bitch, so that also could have been another reason

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i saw this band called Dr. Amazon and they had this 80 year old woman who sang and played bass. It was kind of cool til they played a song called chacha and then later in the set she kept asking when they were going to play chacha. The music didnt do much for me, it was six people playing as much as they could without listening to what any of their bandmates were playing, but there were cool moments.

also my friend played before and I almost missed him. He shouted into his mic and looped a bunch until the last song which had some cool keyboard shit going on.

I missed the one band I wanted to see http://seacharms.bandcamp.com/

Samus Aran

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on February 26, 2016, 09:18:39 PM
upcoming shows:

march 4 - foxing (maybe. i've already seen em once but i still might go anyway.)
march 12 - daughter
march 27 - acid mothers temple
march 30 - skating polly (maybe)
april 1 - shellac/mono
april 4 - yuck
april 5 - milk & bone
april 7 - tacocat (maybe)
april 24 - melvins/melt-banana/napalm death
may 2 - wild nothing
may 14 - brian jonestown massacre

gonna be a good spring.

to add to this: