May 11, 2024, 10:36:20 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on June 25, 2015, 11:18:42 PM
Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on June 24, 2015, 09:49:07 PM
Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on June 24, 2015, 09:33:53 PM
saw TWIABP&IANLATD tonight

damn, jelly :(
it was my second time seeing them. The first they opened for toe.

soda bomb and spraynard opened this time. Soda Bob kicked ass. Spraynard... Maybe I'm missing something but they seemed like slightly above average, but really tight, generic pop punk

Good show tho. I brought along a friend who knew none of their music and he was blown away

spraynard IS above average but generic yet really tight pop punk lol. i like their album funtitled though.

Mando Pandango

That's a good name for a pop punk album
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on June 24, 2015, 10:17:27 PM
john and i are seeing Mew in october
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i wanna go

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

i was planning on death grips but i wouldn't have had time to go and they sold out really fast anyway

i'm seeing melvins and cows (among other bands i don't really know) tomorrow at an all-day thing i may or may not stay at for the whole time. like nine hours total.

depends on who plays when.

Mando Pandango

oh man you're missing out. death grips was seriously one of the best shows i've ever been to, and that was the general consensus among just about everyone i talked to

They make you wait forever before they actually go on but once they do HOLY SHIT. like HOLY. SHIT. OKAY SO. The stage is all lit up in blue while we were waiting and they played Fashion Week and some other stuff that was apparently the ILYs which are Death Grips but not? idk. Anyway, the whole stage goes red, there are red lights on the crowd, everyone's already sweating, and Death Grips come on. No words, they just immediately started up with The Powers That B and LITERALLY DID NOT PAUSE FOR A SINGLE INSTANT until they ended the show with I Want It I Need It an hour and a half later, then they just got off stage and that was it. No light show, just solid red lights for the whole thing. The entire floor was just a pit of aggression and people knocking each other around. If that's not your thing, it was easy enough to escape to the edges or the balcony upstairs, but getting in there was so much fun what with the whole vibe Death Grips gives off. This from someone who usually can't stand moshing. After the show, my shirt was entirely saturated with sweat, and everyone I saw was in the same boat. I spilled about half a bottle of water on one side of my shirt and it changed nothing about the wetness levels of any part of what was going on with my body. I got out of their and wrung my shirt out on the sidewalk after.

tl;dr: got bruised, impossibly sweaty, and dehydrated while getting yelled at by an angry vagrant over the sounds of the dystopian future as predicted by 80s action moves 10/10 i wanna do it again tomorrow

Mando Pandango

I'm still not convinced MC Ride is a real person, by the way.

Samus Aran

fuck

hopefully they don't break up for good before I have a chance to see them again

Samus Aran

seeing Chelsea Wolfe on Aug 31 (this coming Monday)

Earth on Sept 7

Desparecidos (with Joyce Manor opening yay) on Sept 13

FIDLAR on Sept 14

more planned, but those are definite ones coming up soon

ME##

dang how much is that costing u?

Samus Aran

not much. most shows i go to are typically pretty affordable.

chelsea wolfe is $14, earth is $15, desaparecidos is $20, fidlar is $15.

most i've ever spent on a show was $50 for flaming lips. they were the most by far, i think the only other semi-expensive show ticket i've purchased was like $30?

Samus Aran

aaand i just discovered there's an Eagles of Death Metal show on Sept 9 and i happen to be off work that night so i might go to that too. will probably be fun, i really like their old album Peace, Love and Death Metal.

hocuspocus;

Samus Aran

John and I are seeing Mew tonight

TooB

Thyme

uh euroblast 2015 i guess

Go Up