May 09, 2024, 05:02:24 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

Mando Pandango

report back on jukebox b/c i'd like to see them at some point

Seeing Tera Melos for the third time tomorrow. Pete & Pete from Pete & Pete are gonna be there which is fucking weird but FUCK YES because PETE & PETE WAS THE SHIT

v. excite
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Totla

Jukebox was p great would recommend seeing. It was only $17 here too which is really cheap.
They're touring with Mike Mains & The Branches and Coin, neither of who i knew but they're both pretty good.
Jukebox played a good mix of songs from all their albums and were pretty cool guys. They ended with My Heart's the Same/Lighting Myself on Fire which was great because that's one of my favorite songs by them.

Got this neat shirt too.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hiro

god damn flying lotus was excellent, really chill guy too, we had a quick chat about the gta update lol

snoorkel

Quote from: y-i on November 11, 2014, 11:38:24 PM
god damn flying lotus was excellent, really chill guy too, we had a quick chat about the gta update lol

hey nice you talked to him!

silvertone

chain and the gang maybe

Andria

Got tickets to see neutral milk hotel on their possibly final tour!!!

Those fuckers sold out in just over an hour

ME##

who knew april's favourite hotel was so popular

Totla

Quote from: Andria on December 12, 2014, 08:18:04 AM
Got tickets to see neutral milk hotel on their possibly final tour!!!

Those fuckers sold out in just over an hour
i got tickets too!!!
when i saw jeff solo i thought that would be the only time i'd get to see them
then i got to see NMH at bonnaroo and thought that would be the last time
now i get to see them again
i'm so happy

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I saw jeff solo and i dont think i would want to see nmh in any sort of incarnation because that show ruled

Samus Aran

Seeing The Flaming Lips in February and Andrew Jackson Jihad in March!! John's going with me to the latter show.

i saw ajj perform live outside a dive bar in asheville. then they turned around and played inside the bar.

I want to see the mountain goats in may but fuck dude. 35$ with fees. that's twice what I paid to see them in Asheville.

but maybe it's just this tour since the same venue is charging 20$ this go around instead of the usual 12-15$

it's cool that there are a bunch of shows coming through portland, but it also sucks that they can get mad expensive

Samus Aran

It's $50 for me to see the Lips, most expensive show I've ever personally paid for.

ME##

famy r u ready to see taylor swift

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on January 23, 2015, 12:36:03 PM
It's $50 for me to see the Lips, most expensive show I've ever personally paid for.
did you see the lips by themselves? I saw them at some shitty festival in Atlanta and paid 30 something for 3 bands. their set was kind of a greatest hits thing though with some of the bullshit pink floyd stuff thrown in.

most I paid for a concert was David Byrne and St. Vincent at like...70$? something like that. But I got front row center seats and it was DB so it wouldve been worth it either way.

You're going to see tMGs, yeah? If you've never seen them before go for it. Darnielle has a lot of back and forth with the crowd and plays stuff from all over his discography. The new stuff's been hit or miss with me tho, the last album only half the songs were worth a dam and i'm not too into the new single (his stuff is getting reaaaaaally over produced.)

Samus Aran

The Lips show is in Feb, haven't been yet. But yeah I'm seeing them by themselves. Its actually a Clouds Taste Metallic show. They're playing that album in its entirety.

And yeah its pretty certain now I'm seeing the Mountain Goats in April too.

Go Up