May 02, 2024, 12:41:43 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on February 15, 2014, 07:48:15 PM
Quote from: David on February 11, 2014, 11:22:40 AM
vote changes this week-end

what a weird first concert lol
just because the lesbians by famy and i decided to make out the entire time doesn't make the concert weird

Hiro

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on February 11, 2014, 06:55:35 AM
Quote from: H/RO on February 11, 2014, 12:37:36 AM
Saw White Denim on a whim tonight, was really fuckin good
awwww fuck dude i love white denim
you should go if you get the chance, they performed a ton of their best songs, put unique spins on them, and integrated them together seamlessly. also their new album is way better than their last and is great live.

oh yeah and I saw cibo matto tonight, the first thing Miho said when she walked on stage was "Don't fuck with me." and then they went into Sugar Water thumbup;
also it was the drummer's birthday so they brought out a cake for her during the encore and after she blew out the candles they played Birthday Cake and everyone jumped around and sang along and it was badass
I bought two of their shirts lol
oh yeah and the opening band was pretty nice too (Salt Cathedral)

Mando Pandango

white denim is touring with arctic monkeys now but the problem is it's arctic monkeys NOW and not arctic monkeys five years ago
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on February 22, 2014, 11:22:27 AM
white denim is touring with arctic monkeys now but the the problem is it's arctic monkeys NOW and not arctic monkeys five years ago
lol oh well

Thyme

BTBAM 2MORROW

FUCKIN HYPED akudood;

YPrrrr

Saw Dropkick Murphys in Madison. Really fun concert. First time there was a mosh pit at a concert I've been to. Not a fan

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: YPR Classic on February 25, 2014, 07:49:32 PM
Saw Dropkick Murphys in Madison. Really fun concert. First time there was a mosh pit at a concert I've been to. Not a fan
first time i got in a mosh pit i got hit in the chest and lifted off my feet and out of the the pit

gettin tix to st. vincent and future islands

YPrrrr

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on February 25, 2014, 07:54:22 PM
Quote from: YPR Classic on February 25, 2014, 07:49:32 PM
first time i got in a mosh pit i got hit in the the chest and lifted off my feet and out of the the the the pit

gettin tix to st. vincent and future islands
My friend twisted his ankle and can barely walk and another friend said he felt like he got hit by a truck

I guess they like the adrenaline though n_u

it is fun as shit to run into people

Thyme

I saw St. Vincent and her opener Noveller (pronounced No Veller, not Novel-ler like i first thought but i guess the double L should have given that away.)

Noveller is a Brooklyn composer, producer, and filmmaker. Her music is pretty much High Falootin' shoegaze shit. Not very interesting from song to song, and from the brief time she was on stage i got the feeling that she took her music waaay to seriously (Anyone with jaguar and a ipad can do that shit she does.)

St. Vincent was cool. Most of her set was her new album (i think every song was played except for Severed Crossed Fingers)
One thing that bugged me on the record was that it was obvious St. Vincent wanted to make a dance-y record but refused to have a rhythm section that was fleshed out. This complaint was magnified with her live band. Two keyboard players and a drummer. The synth's were kind of regulated to making weird overtones and the drummer was pushed waaaaaay back. Incredibly disappointing on songs like Digital Witness and Huey Newton. She's also got this weird stage persona now, where she addresses the crowd like some sort of outsider, like an alien or something making observations about the world around her. During the set she makes guesses at what the crowd did when they were younger ("You spent nine hours building a fire and when it lit you stomped it out because you were afraid of fire"?????? whatever lady). However at one point during her communication with the crowd she made eye contact with me and was guessing that my younger self "built a throne in my garage but the materials were pbr cans and aluminum foil and when you finished it you tore it down and smoked a spliff" which i had never done but probably should have.

Despite the less than stellar rhythm section, the rest of the show was great. She touched on the highlights of her previous records. She performed her single from a few years ago Krokodil, which was a nice surprise and closed with a tremendous version of Your Lips Are Red. No songs from Love this Giant though :(

Also everyone in this generation is a goddamned photographer and if you hold your phone up during a concert to take a video you are a fucking piece of shit. I spent most of Noveller's time on stage watching through the iPhone screen held in front of my face by the short coked out girl in front of me. During the concert she shushed the people around her?????? and then during the next song she was loudly talking and laughing with her friend about the pictures she snapped of Noveller. Holy shit man. Put your phone away. Be a part of the experience. If you really love the music (like you told everyone within earshot) then listen to it. Respect the artist.

i will say the iphone screen is very nice though it's almost like i was actually at the concert.

piano moths

i am completely there w you about the phones and taking vids of the concert. everybody is just gonna upload it to the same social media site anywaysz and the vids are not of good enough quality to have any purpose but to show that you were there.

BUT i saw shpongle and darkside recently and i went to gem and jam a few weeks ago in tucson and saw lots of ppl and i bought my tickets for LOW END THEORY FEST and i cant wait
kill them w kindness

Thyme

Samus Aran

looks like hopefully i'll be seeing Boris again in August!!

piano moths

I SAW THRIFTWORKS LAST FRIDAY

SIX FOOT WINGS AND A GOLDEN CROWN
kill them w kindness

Go Up