May 02, 2024, 08:25:11 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

Andria

Quote from: Khadafi on October 07, 2012, 01:12:39 PM
awdood;

Uh I bought Marina & The Diamonds tickets for a show in December.

jealous

I might go see A Fine Frenzy but I don't know if I want to pay 35 dollars for half of a show

Samus Aran

i am seeing The Who next month

nobody but kaz cares

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Geno on October 07, 2012, 01:39:59 PM
How many Talking Heads songs were in the set?
jeez, i think maybe 3. This Must Be The Place, Road to Nowhere and Burning Down the House. Played a lot of stuff from the new album/their solo stuff. They did like all of Love This Giant minus Dinner For Two. Like 4 or 5 St. Vincent songs and then three solo DB songs.

piano moths

SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT TWO DAYS

tonight Grimes//Myths//Elite Gymnastics and tomorrow night the Shpongle Masquerade.... hell yes
kill them w kindness

silvertone

Quote from: N o t S i d on October 08, 2012, 02:31:05 AM
jeez, i think maybe 3. This Must Be The Place, Road to Nowhere and Burning Down the House. Played a lot of stuff from the new album/their solo stuff. They did like all of Love This Giant minus Dinner For Two. Like 4 or 5 St. Vincent songs and then three solo DB songs.
can you imagine being 40-50 years old and preforming songs you wrote in your teens because kids not even half your age demand that you do so.

Quote from: gumy on October 08, 2012, 12:10:49 PM
can you imagine being 40-50 years old and preforming songs you wrote in your teens because kids not even half your age demand that you do so.
it drives me insane really. the thought of it. having what you are doing now get completely overshadowed by what you were doing way back when. i get it a little bit from my parents who mention and try to get me to say lines from previous performances i do and it is so strange. like getting asked to put on the pants you wore when you were a child. but im sure that he gets that 1000000000000000000x times magnified.

ALSO

I saw Dan Deacon while I was in Asheville. During the show he set up crazy lights that flashed around. But outside of the music, he does some audience participation stuff. Running around, spreading the crowd apart. getting everyone to walk in a spiral with their hands on the head of the person in front of them. Something happened at the show where we became this great community of sorts. Everyone was vibing on the music. It was great, wonderful, transcendental, and moving all at the same time. The music you couldn't really focus on, or rather you didn't want to. It worked in the back of your head I think. But it was beautiful. Everyone jiving and crashing into each other. ONE GUY IN FRONT OF ME JUMP STRAIGHT UP AND LANDED ON MY HEAD. I think there is a link between what happens here and what happens in churches. Glossolalia, speaking in tongues, trances, etc. etc. I think that maybe that sense of being one of something larger than yourself is the trigger for this. I don't know if I'm right or not but I do think there is a common denominator in those things. So yeah A+ show

piano moths

agh Notsid that sounds amazing :o

i wanna see dan deacon so bad but i literally can't miss anymore school i'm gonna die

but on monday grimes was fucking amazing. it was really one of my favorite shows i have ever been to. myths and elite gymnastics opened and i loved elite gymnastics. damn. sooooooooo much dancing. and i have something signed by grimes how cute how cute and grimes is wearing (probably not still but hopefully) a kandi i made. <3 <3 <3 she's cuuuuutue and she did it well

and then i saw shpongle and it was prety insane.
kill them w kindness

Geno

Quote from: N o t S i d on October 08, 2012, 02:31:05 AM
Ah damn. I've never seen David Byrne so I was looking forward to seeing AT LEAST 5 songs. Those are some of my least favorite Talking Heads songs too.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Quote from: Geno on October 13, 2012, 10:42:17 PM
Ah damn. I've never seen David Byrne so I was looking forward to seeing AT LEAST 5 songs. Those are some of my least favorite Talking Heads songs too.
i mean its going to be a good performance. he doesn't do a lot of those songs anymore. Like really the only early song he does occasionally is psycho killer. The tour before this one was cool because he did songs like air and the great curve. but the tour is him and st. vincent so he couldnt really go for some deep cuts.

also road to nowhere is a killer song what in the world

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjTR49LrANg[/youtube]

ALSO WHAT I NTHE WORLD THIS MUST BE THE PLACE IS GREAT

Geno

Quote from: N o t S i d on October 14, 2012, 12:43:31 AM
i mean its going to be a good performance. he doesn't do a lot of those songs anymore. Like really the only early song he does occasionally is psycho killer. The tour before this one was cool because he did songs like air and the great curve. but the tour is him and st. vincent so he couldnt really go for some deep cuts.

also road to nowhere is a killer song what in the world

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjTR49LrANg[/youtube]

ALSO WHAT I NTHE WORLD THIS MUST BE THE PLACE IS GREAT
Well of course I like those songs, but I just don't like them as much as others. I was really hoping for some Remain in Light or Fear of Music  :(
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

AAAAAAAA

I saw David Byrne/St. Vincent on Saturday, and loved it. I love both of them to death, and together it was almost too much awesome on the stage at the same time.

Also whoa David Byrne did something with Richard Thompson?!?

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I may go see Dinosaur Jr on Friday but I also may not. There is a fifty percent chance.

silvertone

they are pretty good live but they dont really do anything but be old and play musci

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: gumy on October 15, 2012, 08:05:34 PM
they are pretty good live but they dont really do anything but be old and play musci

Exactly.

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on October 15, 2012, 06:43:16 PM
I saw David Byrne/St. Vincent on Saturday, and loved it. I love both of them to death, and together it was almost too much awesome on the stage at the same time.

Also whoa David Byrne did something with Richard Thompson?!?
yeah they toured together back in the early 90s. there is a double disc bootleg with both their sets on it but i just have the DB set. i can upload for you

Go Up