April 26, 2024, 11:24:08 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

Thyme

tfw no interesting concerts in the foreseeable future :(

ME##

Quote from: Rhythm Violence on September 14, 2017, 07:17:33 AM
don't worry Taylor will be back soon

Thyme

Quote from: David on September 14, 2017, 11:46:42 AM

he's busy doing dumb collabs :(

ME##

Quote from: Rhythm Violence on September 14, 2017, 12:06:45 PM
Quote from: David on September 14, 2017, 11:46:42 AM

he's busy doing dumb collabs :(
DID YOU JUST ASSUME TAYLOR SWIFT'S GENDER  akudood;

Thyme

...............lmao i interpreted that as corey taylor

Samus Aran

Riot Fest was wonderful. The Death From Above, Real Friends, Beach Slang, FIDLAR, Cap'n Jazz, and Jawbreaker sets were all so fucking good.

Was also fun seeing Streetlight Manifesto, Four Year Strong, Pennywise, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Regrettes, Paramore, State Champs, Dino Jr., Queens of the Stone Age, Knuckle Puck, New Found Glory, and State Champs.

Despite me loving Dino Jr. a lot, after having seen them twice now, I can honestly say that I can never get all that excited about seeing them live. Idk. Combination of uninterested J Mascis and uninterested crowd, so I can't get hyped. But I still had to dance and sing along to favorites like In a Jar and Little Fury Things

also i saw a good chunk of the Prophets of Rage set while waiting for Jawbreaker, and i can't honestly say if i like them? the new material is pretty lame tbh. but it was hype hearing RATM and Audioslave covers. and i guess Cypress Hill covers but i dont know them

I was dumb and waited until the last day to try to get the Riot Fest shirt I wanted. Cause it was sold out all day. All I bought was a Jawbreaker shirt, since I didn't already have one.

We were also dumb to bother paying for parking at all that first day. Waste of $30. The next two days, we just found street parking a couple blocks down. It wasn't even hard, we could have parked even closer if we wanted.

HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE: the fucking great pits at the FIDLAR, Capn Jazz, and Real Friends shows. also, crowdsurfing at the Fidlar and RF shows. meeting one of the members of Kitten Forever, whose set i didnt see but i figured it was ok because they're a local Minneapolis band anyway, and they said i should come see them soon in October at a local venue. THE ENTIRE JAWBREAKER SET. FUCK. i fucking cried lmao

Samus Aran

also i learned i hate driving in chicago

Mando Pandango

I don't think you're the only one who things Prophets of Rage are super lame

Quote from: Nico Yazawa on September 19, 2017, 11:28:38 AM
I think this goes for every major city tbh
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

silvertone

no chicago is demon city USA. special evil

AAAAAAAA

Riot Fest was fucking awesome.

Samus Aran

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on September 19, 2017, 11:24:37 PM
Riot Fest was fucking awesome.

hell yeah dude. for all i know we passed by each other a million times lol. were you in any pits or up front in general for anything?

AAAAAAAA

Wasn't in the pit, but was up close and/or pit adjacent for a lot of stuff. Of what you've mentioned, DFA, Beach Slang, Dino Jr, QotSA.

Samus Aran

so last night i saw Modest Mouse. and the night before last, i saw Broken Social Scene. wrench;

ME##

Quote from: interpolhezbollahyakuza on September 19, 2017, 11:55:46 AM
I don't think you're the only one who things Prophets of Rage are super lame

Quote from: Nico Yazawa on September 19, 2017, 11:28:38 AM
I think this goes for every major city tbh
la is so aesthetic to drive in it makes up for it taking an hour to go 15 miles

Mando Pandango

o nice i'm seeing Queens of the Stone Age tonight
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up