April 27, 2024, 04:11:09 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

Hiro

strongbad

sasquatch on friday. highlights are bonobo and lcd soundsystem and probably tons of ppl i dont know about

Samus Aran

Mountain Goats show in Madison last night was absolutely amazing. Here's the setlist:

Absolute best moments were the sheer energy of The Goats and the crowd during This Year, Foreign Object, Up the Wolves, and Heel Turn 2. But I was also super happy that they played my favorite tracks from Get Lonely, an album I really adore.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Damn that's a lot of recent stuff.

Until I am whole is like they're worst song lol.

Maybe it's hard to work in the older stuff since the mtn goats are a four piece now. Also crazy they didn't play no children! But glad to hear there was energy for some of the newer songs. I really wish I saw them when they toured behind Beat the Champ. That's a damn fine album I love it to death.

AAAAAAAA

mr mountain goats has the same guitar strap as me true story

Hiro

how is the mouse pointer in that screenshot

Samus Aran

i'm not sure actually

anyway Jeff Rosenstock tomorrow!!! hype!!!!!

Samus Aran

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on July 14, 2017, 01:26:12 AM
Damn that's a lot of recent stuff.

Until I am whole is like they're worst song lol.

Maybe it's hard to work in the older stuff since the mtn goats are a four piece now. Also crazy they didn't play no children! But glad to hear there was energy for some of the newer songs. I really wish I saw them when they toured behind Beat the Champ. That's a damn fine album I love it to death.

i was also surprised that they didn't include No Children, but it's all right because there was tons of other great stuff played. and yeah i don't think JD likes playing stuff older than Tallahassee because that was the first "full band" album

also, i honestly think Transcendental Youth is a pretty mediocre album. i'm not sure if i would say Until I Am Whole is as bad as you say it is, but it's definitely not very good lol. either way, when they played it live, there was no vocoder use.

Thyme

Mando Pandango

seeing Queens of the Stone Age in october

They're, I think, my second favorite band all-time and I've never seen them before and I am so excited
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

Quote from: Pop"icl...! on July 23, 2017, 11:36:04 PM
seeing Queens of the Stone Age in october

They're, I think, my second favorite band all-time and I've never seen them before and I am so excited

nice, i'm seeing em in September at Riot Fest!

Quote from: Nico Yazawa on May 13, 2017, 09:46:44 PM
July 22 - AmRep Bash '17, featuring Melvins and Mudhoney and some other bands i don't know
July 23 - Warped Tour, which i am going to mostly for Adolescents and Neck Deep, but also just for fun with some friends
Aug 13 - Mew
Aug 15 - Belle and Sebastian
Sep 15-17 - RIOT FEST BABY
Sep 29 - Modest Mouse
Oct 1 - Fleet Foxes (maybe)
Oct 10 - Pixies
Oct 12 - Agent Orange
Oct 26 - Dinosaur Jr. (tho i am also seeing them at Riot Fest so maybe not idk)
Dec 1 - Mogwai (maybe)

those November and December show announcements should start rolling in soon

amrep and warped ended up not happening because of not having much money and not wanting to endure the blistering heat for mostly a lot of bands i don't know and also because of some people kinda dropping out of plans. it's ok tho

anyway, modified version of the list for the rest of the year:

Aug 13 - Mew
Sep 4 - Eyehategod/Cro-Mags
Sep 9 - AJJ
Sep 15-17 - RIOT FEST BABY
Sep 28 - Broken Social Scene
Sep 29 - Modest Mouse
Oct 8 - together PANGEA or Touche Amore (both are cool, not sure which i'd rather see, both are a maybe tho)
Oct 10 - Pixies
Oct 11 - Agent Orange
Oct 12 - Agent Orange (they're playing the 11th in Minneapolis, 12th in Mankato. might see em twice)
Oct 19 - Pinegrove
Oct 21 - Boris
Oct 26 - Dinosaur Jr. (tho i am also seeing them at Riot Fest so maybe not idk)
Nov 3 - Real Estate
Nov 8 - Turnover
Nov 18 - Mountain Goats
Dec 1 - Mogwai (maybe)

crystalpepsi

Saw the Gorillaz at Merriwether Post Pavillion, shit was SO cash  baddood; Next show I'm going to is Japanese Breakfast at a shithole venue. Most excited to see Crystal Castles again in DC, this time they're playing at the 9:30 club. giggle;

Samus Aran

Japanese Breakfast is cool, i saw her open for Slowdive

Hiro

Quote from: Nico Yazawa on July 23, 2017, 11:44:49 PM
Aug 13 - Mew
Sep 28 - Broken Social Scene
Nov 3 - Real Estate
Dec 1 - Mogwai (maybe)
jealous, mostly of bss and mew

Samus Aran