Thread updated as states legalize same-sex marriage *USA*

Started by Daddy, April 03, 2009, 07:02:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

ignoring unpredictable utah-like scenarios, this is probably the best indicator of where it's likeliest to pass next

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 23, 2013, 12:55:24 PM

ignoring unpredictable utah-like scenarios, this is probably the best indicator of where it's likeliest to pass next
virginia is an exception because both houses of the general assembly are dominated by republicans so it won't necessarily "pass" gay marriage
I love [you]

silvertone

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: silvertone on December 23, 2013, 01:07:37 PM
wtf is the difference between light blue and red

>50 percent oppose in red states

<50 percent oppose or support in light blue states, i'm guessing in many of these a plurality of the population but not quite a majority is supportive

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on December 22, 2013, 08:01:09 PM
oh wow. befuddlement

can utah have a popular referendum on it like california did?  huhdoodame;

a federal appeal is just about the ultimate legal recourse utah could have taken, and uh

welp

looks like it's here to stay goowan

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2013/1227/Utah-growing-desperate-to-ask-Supreme-Court-to-halt-gay-marriages

utah must be looking to drag the last 32 states down with it, because this could only ever backfire if they don't just reject it on standing

ME##

will utah leave the union and start a highly advanced mormon utopia with it?

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 27, 2013, 02:33:46 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2013/1227/Utah-growing-desperate-to-ask-Supreme-Court-to-halt-gay-marriages

utah must be looking to drag the last 32 states down with it, because this could only ever backfire if they don't just reject it on standing
i don't think it will be rejected on standing because in the california prop 8 case, the state didn't defend the law and a quasi-religious organization elected to defend the law
I love [you]

Daddy

So far, the flood of marriage licenses has provided an unexpected financial benefit for the state: More than $49,000 in nearly three days.

lol

Classic

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm surprised ±$49,ooo over the course of three days for an entire state is even worth a mention at all

ME##

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 28, 2013, 11:44:50 AM
i'm surprised ±$49,ooo over the course of three days for an entire state is even worth a mention at all
yeah, that seems pitiful.  especially when describing it as a 'flood' lol befuddlement

silvertone

Quote from: CLASSIC on December 28, 2013, 10:53:46 AM
The gays will save our crumbling economy.
gays are officially counter revolutionary bourgeoisie scum

Go Up