Go Down

Classic

Daddy

Classic

silvertone

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

i can't wait to update the title NOBODY TOUCH IT I'VE ALREADY LAID CLAIM

On a related note, does anyone else feel that making a clear distinction between religious and secular marriage would make this essentially a non-issue? befuddlement

YPrrrr

Quote from: Tectrinket on February 09, 2012, 09:35:12 AM
i can't wait to update the title NOBODY TOUCH IT I'VE ALREADY LAID CLAIM

On a related note, does anyone else feel that making a clear distinction between religious and secular marriage would make this essentially a non-issue? befuddlement
Isn't that essentially what civil unions are supposed to be?

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: NPR on February 09, 2012, 09:51:34 AM
Isn't that essentially what civil unions are supposed to be?

well yes, but if we are to replace secular marriages with civil unions then it would need to apply to both homo and heterosexual couples

(((and that's assuming the word 'marriage' is exclusively for the religious, which i disagree with)))

YPrrrr

Well Catholics at least could just get by on "Matrimony." It's supposed to be clear and distinct from marriage anyway in its spiritual properties

Kalahari Inkantation

honestly, i think the word "marriage" can stick around as no particular group of people can realistically lay claim to any particular words

But we need to recognize that there are two (often concurrent, yet distinct) types of marriage and do a better job at separating them.

silvertone

marriage is lame as heck. if you get married you are afukin retard. ok pc

Socks

The California decision has no leg to stand on, the Judge essentially declared a constitutional amendment unconstitutional. This bullshit about it being a right and then not a right is a moot fucking point. We had a right, explicit or not, not to pay income tax and to drink liquor and to own and use any substance we wanted to prior to the 20th century. But they were all taken away by various legislation, does that mean all of those things are unconstitutional too?

Brave New World

Go Up