April 28, 2024, 09:43:13 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Questions for the religious

Started by Houdini, May 28, 2007, 08:32:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Houdini on May 28, 2007, 08:32:09 PM
Since there's a thread for asking questions about atheism, I figured it would be fitting to have a thread asking questions about religion. I'm pretty curious as to how religious people think, and I'm sure other atheists here are too.

Atheists, ask questions. Religious people, answer them. Got it?

I'll kick this off:

1. Why do you believe in your religion out of all the religions out there?

2. Have you ever considered partaking in a religion other than the one you were raised to believe in?
1. I believe in my religion because a majority of people belive in what I belive in and that's not the only one. I believe in my religion because after life, I expect something good to happen after hoping for God. Anyways I don't really want to believe in other religions because it's commandment in my religion to not believe in other religions but the one I'm believing in right now.

2. Nope, because after what I learned in CCD (I don't know what it stands for but it means Church School.) . It kind of showed that my religion makes more sense than others.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ncba93ivyase

Quote1. I believe in my religion because a majority of people belive in what I belive in

What will you do in about 50 years when approximately 30% of the population of earth is atheist or agnostic? Will you blindly follow that also?

QuoteAnyways I don't really want to believe in other religions because it's commandment in my religion to not believe in other religions but the one I'm believing in right now.

When someone has to tell you you can't even consider others ideas or possibilities, you know it's bullshit.

Quote2. Nope, because after what I learned in CCD (I don't know what it stands for but it means Church School.) . It kind of showed that my religion makes more sense than others.
Google-Define: propaganda

Hell, look at where the origins of the word come from: 2 ( Propaganda) a committee of cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church responsible for foreign missions, founded in 1622 by Pope Gregory XV.

Of course a Christian School is going to tell you it makes sense; if they had let you think about it yourself, they know a good number would discover the flaws. Really, how logical is it for a man to build a boat that houses all of earth's species (in harmony); two lone people populating the earth, in turn sinning by making every relative have sex with every relative; and some "loving" invisible wizard creating all of this and making his own supposed children suffer?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

reeper

Quote from: Lawlz on May 29, 2007, 05:14:12 AM
Quote1. I believe in my religion because a majority of people belive in what I belive in

What will you do in about 50 years when approximately 30% of the population of earth is atheist or agnostic? Will you blindly follow that also?
On top of that, people believed in a lot of stupid things

They amputated limbs. The arms that naturally healed were thought to have some sort of diseases, and were infected with actual bacteria from infected amputated limbs from other people.

People thought the world was flat.

People thought that there were witches.

A long time ago, people believed bathing was bad for you, so they rarely bathed.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Reaper on May 29, 2007, 05:24:40 AM

On top of that, people believed in a lot of stupid things

They amputated limbs. The arms that naturally healed were thought to have some sort of diseases, and were infected with actual bacteria from infected amputated limbs from other people.

People thought the world was flat.

People thought that there were witches.

A long time ago, people believed bathing was bad for you, so they rarely bathed.

Hell, the church even required that people believed the earth was flat and partaking in acts that required they be nude (bathing) was evil.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

6M69I69B9

QuoteAnyways I don't really want to believe in other religions because it's commandment in my religion to not believe in other religions but the one I'm believing in right now.

When someone has to tell you you can't even consider others ideas or possibilities, you know it's bullshit.

Quote2. Nope, because after what I learned in CCD (I don't know what it stands for but it means Church School.) . It kind of showed that my religion makes more sense than others.

Hell, look at where the origins of the word come from: 2 ( Propaganda) a committee of cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church responsible for foreign missions, founded in 1622 by Pope Gregory XV.

Of course a Christian School is going to tell you it makes sense; if they had let you think about it yourself, they know a good number would discover the flaws. Really, how logical is it for a man to build a boat that houses all of earth's species (in harmony); two lone people populating the earth, in turn sinning by making every relative have sex with every relative; and some "loving" invisible wizard creating all of this and making his own supposed children suffer?
1. I'll never follow athiests. You forgot to add this too: and that's not the only one. I believe in my religion because after life, I expect something good to happen after hoping for God.

Actually, I don't care. Anyways it's only 10 commandments not really a big thing ubnless your dramatic and lazy.

3. Actually, it made sense because I actually looked up incase if they were lying. Anyways, Noah made the boat in 40 days so he could of had enough time. Plus he's trying to save his life and other lives so would you try to build a boat in 40 days if your life depended on it?

Ugh I've ran out of time I'll continue this after school. Bye!

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

ncba93ivyase

Quote1. I'll never follow athiests. You forgot to add this too: and that's not the only one. I believe in my religion because after life, I expect something good to happen after hoping for God.

It's been said many times: Christianity is not the only religion that believs in an afterlife. Some atheists even believe in an afterlife. What makes you so certain this Jesus fellow was so special?

Quote3. Actually, it made sense because I actually looked up incase if they were lying. Anyways, Noah made the boat in 40 days so he could of had enough time. Plus he's trying to save his life and other lives so would you try to build a boat in 40 days if your life depended on it?
"Looking up" something isn't enough. Think. Look at the flaws, the inconsistencies, the contradictions. The Bible is loaded with them, and it always has been.

If necessary, I could build a boat for myself in s single day. Could I get lions and zebras or cats and rats to live together? Could I put every predatory species beside its prey and expect them to live peacefully? Never in my lifetime. Also, it's impossible in pretty much every aspect. The ship would be massive, and no man could ever build something that huge in that amount of time.It would take years upon years, and it would never sail. And do you not think having all of those animals inbreed would produce any negative effects?

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Lawlz on May 29, 2007, 05:35:46 AM
Quote1. I'll never follow athiests. You forgot to add this too: and that's not the only one. I believe in my religion because after life, I expect something good to happen after hoping for God.

It's been said many times: Christianity is not the only religion that believs in an afterlife. Some atheists even believe in an afterlife. What makes you so certain this Jesus fellow was so special?

Quote3. Actually, it made sense because I actually looked up incase if they were lying. Anyways, Noah made the boat in 40 days so he could of had enough time. Plus he's trying to save his life and other lives so would you try to build a boat in 40 days if your life depended on it?
"Looking up" something isn't enough. Think. Look at the flaws, the inconsistencies, the contradictions. The Bible is loaded with them, and it always has been.

If necessary, I could build a boat for myself in s single day. Could I get lions and zebras or cats and rats to live together? Could I put every predatory species beside its prey and expect them to live peacefully? Never in my lifetime. Also, it's impossible in pretty much every aspect. The ship would be massive, and no man could ever build something that huge in that amount of time.It would take years upon years, and it would never sail. And do you not think having all of those animals inbreed would produce any negative effects?
Because unlike you, I appriciate and respect Jesus and God for making me and other people who've made my life better.

Anyways, God could of helped him you know.

(I'm posting in school if you want to know incase your wondering why I'm here.)

SBKT

Quote from: Original_MIB on May 29, 2007, 06:41:54 AM

Because unlike you, I appriciate and respect Jesus and God for making me and other people who've made my life better.

Sorry, but god doesn't manifest a physical form, probably hasn't, probably won't until the second coming of Jesus. The boat would have sunk, actually, it would have fallen apart from the inside due to it's massive size.

ncba93ivyase

Jesus died 2,000 years ago. He couldn't have possibly made you. Who made you? Your parents. Who made them? Your grandparents. You were born, not made.

Then your supposed god made me atheist, amirite? I say it's the Flying Spaghetti Monster that's looking out for us, and you just haven't been touched by his noodily appendage.

V

It is said that God made Adam and Eve, blah, blah , blah.

Basically, if this is correct, we are all brothers and sisters, right?

We all descended from the same two people;IF this is true.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: V on May 29, 2007, 08:34:43 AM

And is incest not a sin?

The entire human population is condemned to hell, so it's useless to waste time with religion.

V

Quote from: Lawlz on May 29, 2007, 08:51:29 AM
Quote from: V on May 29, 2007, 08:34:43 AM

And is incest not a sin?

The entire human population is condemned to hell, so it's useless to waste time with religion.

And that is where my conflict with religion arises. I am on the fence right now.

iWolf

2. Have you ever considered partaking in a religion other than the one you were raised to believe in?

1. I wouldn't have a religion per say, I believe in god, but have no religion.
2. I believe all religions are true.

Houdini

Goddamnit, it's not could of, it's could have. I can't begin to describe how much it pisses me off when people do this.

Houdini

Quote from: iWolf on May 29, 2007, 12:27:48 PM

1. I wouldn't have a religion per say, I believe in god, but have no religion.
2. I believe all religions are true.
Hmm, this sounds interesting. Tell me more.

Go Up