May 02, 2024, 02:39:21 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by reeper, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Title

Recently saw "2010: The Year We Make Contact". It's not as good as 2001 because Kubrick wasn't involved but still fucking underrated

Chōshū

I recently saw the new Harry Potter movie.

I thought it was okay, but of course it felt very very crammed since the amount of material in the books needed to be covered.

All and all though I still enjoyed the book more, even though that's probably the popular opinion upon those who read the books before watching the movies.

reeper

Quote from: Title on August 10, 2009, 09:24:02 PM
Recently saw "2010: The Year We Make Contact". It's not as good as 2001 because Kubrick wasn't involved but still fucking underrated
I don't think I'll ever watch it.

2001 is a great movie, mostly one to just lose your thoughts in, just stare at it.

Title

Quote from: reefer on August 11, 2009, 03:35:54 AM
I don't think I'll ever watch it.

2001 is a great movie, mostly one to just lose your thoughts in, just stare at it.
2010 is worth watching just to see David Bowmen return as a ghost. Fucking badass.

Zach

ONLY TEN DAYS UNTIL INGLORIOUS BASTERDS

HOLY COCKS YES

Veal

I think just about everyone who isn't a hardcore Tarantino fan is going to be severely let down by Inglorious Basterds. Everyone will be expecting a lot more scalps and explosions and fighting and I can guarantee all of you it's going to be no Kill Bill. Either of the episodes. Expect a LOT of talking.

Title

Quote from: Veal on August 11, 2009, 10:12:54 PM
I think just about everyone who isn't a hardcore Tarantino fan is going to be severely let down by Inglorious Basterds. Everyone will be expecting a lot more scalps and explosions and fighting and I can guarantee all of you it's going to be no Kill Bill. Either of the episodes. Expect a LOT of talking.
People who are expecting anything resembling a war movie are going to be dissapointed. Also, people who can't handle Tarantino's insanity are probably going to leave within the first 15 minutes. If he's describing it as a "masterpiece" then it's probably going to be weird as shit, in a great way.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Veal on August 11, 2009, 10:12:54 PM

Well, either way, I'm expecting at least a fairly good movie, and if it's at least that then I won't be disappointed really. I already heard that nobody thinks it compares to his best movies anyway, so my expectations aren't outrageous by this point.

Sam

I just finished 5 CM per second

I honestly don't know what to say about it. I think it's one of those movies that your perception of it depends entirely on the things you've experienced in your own life and your perception of love.

So without giving my entire opinion and sounding like a pussy, I really think everyone should make an effort to watch this movie because it really is astoundingly beautiful.

and just to make a point, the art is all like this:
[spoiler]

some of the most incredible art I've seen in awhile
[/spoiler]
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Hiro

Quote from: Sam on August 13, 2009, 12:26:39 AM
I just finished 5 CM per second

I honestly don't know what to say about it. I think it's one of those movies that your perception of it depends entirely on the things you've experienced in your own life and your perception of love.

So without giving my entire opinion and sounding like a pussy, I really think everyone should make an effort to watch this movie because it really is astoundingly beautiful.

and just to make a point, the art is all like this:
[spoiler]

some of the most incredible art I've seen in awhile
[/spoiler]
Exactly, god damnit ;__;

Cookie

I just saw Into the Wild.
And holy shit. I looked at the box at walmart and it looked like a typical hippie type movie but bought it anyway. Turned out to be an awesome movie, best movie I've seen in atleast the past two years.

Samus Aran

Just watched Coraline. It was pretty good, though the pacing seemed really strange and some parts of the movie felt like they were there just for the hell of it or just to seem strange for the novelty effect, but it was a good experience overall.

But good god, if nothing else, the movie looks absolutely gorgeous.

Hiro

Quote from: Kaz on August 13, 2009, 05:59:11 PM
Just watched Coraline. It was pretty good, though the pacing seemed really strange and some parts of the movie felt like they were there just for the hell of it or just to seem strange for the novelty effect, but it was a good experience overall.

But good god, if nothing else, the movie looks absolutely gorgeous.
Yeah, the pacing kinda dragged it on, and a bit of it didn't really go anywhere, I dunno.
It was worth it for the awesome visuals, but if it were animated differently, I probably wouldn't have liked it at all.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on August 13, 2009, 06:09:45 PM
Yeah, the pacing kinda dragged it on, and a bit of it didn't really go anywhere, I dunno.
It was worth it for the awesome visuals, but if it were animated differently, I probably wouldn't have liked it at all.

Some parts dragged on, some parts happened way too fast (EPIC QUEST FOR 3 MYSTICAL EYES CONDENSED INTO 5 MINUTES). In general the pacing in the whole movie was just weird and unbalanced. But it's not a particularly big deal, I still liked the movie.

Veal

Quote from: Kaz on August 13, 2009, 06:17:07 PM
Some parts dragged on, some parts happened way too fast (EPIC QUEST FOR 3 MYSTICAL EYES CONDENSED INTO 5 MINUTES). In general the pacing in the whole movie was just weird and unbalanced. But it's not a particularly big deal, I still liked the movie.

AGREED

Oh by the way it's not like I've seen Inglorious Basterds, I'm just going off a million reviews. I'll probably like it a lot. I mean I loved There Will Be Blood and nothing happened in that movie lol

Go Up