May 09, 2024, 06:30:36 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by The artist formally known, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Quote from: reefer on August 04, 2009, 09:38:14 AM
I have fond memories of Zoolander. Mystery Men I enjoy but only a bit

I think that it's mostly nostalgia for me. I just love how goofy it is.

Chōshū

The Magnificent Ambersons

7/10

I was disappointed honestly.

The artist formally known

What Dreams May Come - I love the visuals very much but didn't care for the story. Robin Williams is one of my favorite actors and he does a great job.

Baraka - One of the most beautiful films I've ever seen ever.

l a c e y

Nick Of Time- Short film with Johnny Depp in it that I have never even heard of before until this day. My friends dad gave it to me to watch and it was an alright movie. Not the best ever but it kept me interested. They could have picked a better actor than Johnny Depp although I guess sense it's made in like 1995 it was at his good acting time. Overall it wasn't all that thrilling.

Death Sentence- GREAT movie. It was intense and full of action and killing. Great movie for boys to watch I would say. It was sad too and I almost cried but it wasn't effective enough to make me cry. This is a thrilling movie and the acting was really really great. Again I had no idea this movie existed until today.

BROKE BACK MOUNTAIN- SOO GOOOD. It wasn't as homosexual as I thought it was going to be. Heath and Jake were fuckin gorgeous though let me tell you. This movie was a jaw dropper, most of the time I was like WHAT THE DICK. But it was actually really good and not so gay, so I don't understand why boys are afraid to watch it...

Travis

Quote from: laylay on August 06, 2009, 09:42:14 PM
Nick Of Time- Short film with Johnny Depp in it that I have never even heard of before until this day. My friends dad gave it to me to watch and it was an alright movie. Not the best ever but it kept me interested. They could have picked a better actor than Johnny Depp although I guess sense it's made in like 1995 it was at his good acting time. Overall it wasn't all that thrilling.

Death Sentence- GREAT movie. It was intense and full of action and killing. Great movie for boys to watch I would say. It was sad too and I almost cried but it wasn't effective enough to make me cry. This is a thrilling movie and the acting was really really great. Again I had no idea this movie existed until today.

BROKE BACK MOUNTAIN- SOO GOOOD. It wasn't as homosexual as I thought it was going to be. Heath and Jake were fuckin gorgeous though let me tell you. This movie was a jaw dropper, most of the time I was like WHAT THE DICK. But it was actually really good and not so gay, so I don't understand why boys are afraid to watch it...
not everybody is homophobic fyi

Dullahan

Funny People

Eh... not Apatow's best. Good for rental at best.

Veal

Quote from: Sponge on August 06, 2009, 09:59:31 PM
Funny People

Eh... not Apatow's best. Good for rental at best.

Fuck youuuuuuuuu

Dullahan

Nyerp

Dullahan

Zach

August 07, 2009, 10:32:43 PM #820 Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:53:40 PM by Zach
gi joe is fairly entertaining, but it's not really a good movie. if you want specific complaints, check the spoilers below.

[spoiler]For all the cool gadgetry and such, this movie has no plot, character, or a hint of logic. The goal of Cobra Commander is never revealed, and the movie just crams too much into such a short timeframe. Who thought that this constitutes plot?

* They got the warheads! OH NO!
* Want to be a Joe? Training montage.
* OH GOD THEY'RE BLOWING UP THE EIFFEL TOWER
* OH GOD THEY GOT DUKE
* STOP COBRA COMMANDER/DESTRO

All without knowing what the hell Cobra Commander is trying to do.

Ripcord was completely unnecessary. They removed the great Snake Eyes/Scarlet relationship. There really wasn't enough Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow in general. The limited ninja fighting that was there was enjoyable, but why would you kill Storm Shadow if you're going to make sequels? How the fuck do you justify killing off Storm Shadow?[/spoiler]

Oh, and half the movie was a computer. I oftentimes caught myself wondering if what I just saw was a real person.

/vent

Hiro

(500) Days of Summer   was amazing. thumbup;

strongbad

the royal tenenbaums

holy shit one of the best movies ive seen

strongbad

I saw Funny People yesterday.
Seth Rogan is so fucking great.

Selkie

I just watched Right At Your Door.

The end was decent