May 02, 2024, 08:33:51 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by reeper, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Veal

Are you kidding me? He's like 3 days old. Gross.

Veal

My jokes are definitely going uphill.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Title on July 16, 2009, 10:48:29 AM

Trainspotting

Oh man, I can watch that movie every day and not get sick of it.

Title

Quote from: Ken on July 16, 2009, 03:02:44 PM
Oh man, I can watch that movie every day and not get sick of it.
Yeah, it's one of danny boyle's best if not the best.

Thyme

Quote from: Veal on July 16, 2009, 02:43:18 PM
My jokes are definitely going uphill.

It's just the people who are the subject of them who are going downhill.

reeper

Quote from: Title on July 16, 2009, 10:49:37 AM
How the fuck was Gran Torino awesome? The only legitimate actor was Clint Eastwood. The plot was dull and pretty unmoving due to it's predictability. It was filmed between the same 3 fucking sets and the same shit kept happening until finally Clint Eastwood died. It was fucking terrible.

Also, any time any character would interact with Clint Eastwood, he would just pucker his lips and do that terrible, unnatural scowling face and growl at them. It was almost laughable by the 10th or 11th time he did that. It's one of the worst movies I've seen since "The Myst".
Actors in movies don't fucking matter. I've seen plenty of movies with actors that only were in one or two movies but fucking ruled.

reeper

Before the Devil Knows you're Dead - Many tits (Marisa Tomei from The Wrestler) the opening scene is pretty damn good just because it just opens to her and a character named Andy making some doggy style. The recurring theme is pretty annoying and the movie could have been cut a lot shorter. A lot of the movie is the two brothers running around going "fuck fuck fuck fuck!"

reeper

Spaceballs - I don't think I like Mel Brook's movies. They have very little good humor. I love Robin Hood: Men in Tights though.

Wrench

I saw the new Harry Potter on the 15th.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: reefer on July 17, 2009, 04:34:55 PM
I love Robin Hood: Men in Tights though.
That's like the worst of his movies.

Watched the latest harry potter movie, it was ok.

Probably going to watch either Broken Flowers, True Stories, or go and find The Life Aquatice with Steve Zissou at Blockbuster.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on July 17, 2009, 04:34:55 PM
Spaceballs - I don't think I like Mel Brook's movies. They have very little good humor. I love Robin Hood: Men in Tights though.

Yeah, Spaceballs sucks.

Hiro

Yeah Harry Potter was pretty good I guess, not amazing but good I guess. I would have taken it in a different direction, and the ending was a little off, but still worth watching.

Next I'm going to watch Spirited Away, finally.

Samus Aran

Sam

Quote from: Ken on July 19, 2009, 09:34:58 PM
Watched Fight Club last night. baddood;

That's funny, because I reread fight club last night/today. We're obviously telepathic.  giggle;
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

reeper

July 19, 2009, 11:34:23 PM #704 Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:38:56 PM by reefer
The Road Warrior - So awesome, there was no more of the close eye ball explosions like in Mad Max though. I guess it was released in America and meant not to look like Mad Max 2 because the first did very poorly in America. Mel Gibson and all the other voices are dubbed over just to hide their accents in the first.

The 6th Day - It was my first time seeing it, so fucking good. The SimPal was very very creepy and the ending was horrible but otherwise it was right below Terminator and Terminator 2 for Arnold movies.

We Were Soldiers - So boring. I didn't like it very much.

And I also saw a little of Fight Club and I'm now watching Let the Right ones in  giggle;

Quote from: UnSid on July 19, 2009, 12:19:14 PM
That's like the worst of his movies.

I love that movie, maybe it's nostalgia.

Go Up