May 01, 2024, 04:20:55 AM

1,531,648 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by reeper, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

Finally saw Slumdog Millionaire, and I loved it. The whole way the movie revolved around the trivia questions was real cool.
It only made me I wish I had a love like Latika and Jamal ;-; and that I should never go to India and leave my things out of my sight.

I also saw Seven Pounds and have to say it's a terrible terrible movie. The movie really could have just been 15 minutes without all of that bullshit Will Smith and Rosario Dawson mess, and just gone straight to the twists. The big climax was stupid and I saw it a mile away. The title of the movie still confuses me.

And Red Dragon was really good, I started watching it just because Edward Norton was in it, but then I really got into it [spoiler]poor Mr.D, why are all the criminals in the Hannibal series make me feel so damn sympathetic  for them. I nearly cried when Buffalo Bill was shot down by Clarice ;-;[/spoiler]

Veal

I just saw Adventureland and now I'm lonely.

Hiro

I saw I Love You, Man
It was very good.

sans culottes

I watched the Shawshank Redemption. It was one of the most amazing films I ever saw.
I support BUSH

l a c e y

Quote from: coz on April 06, 2009, 05:33:12 AM
I watched the Shawshank Redemption. It was one of the most amazing films I ever saw.

lol aha.
i had to watch that in like grade 9.
i don't even remember it.

reeper

April 06, 2009, 07:06:09 PM #410 Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:10:51 PM by reefer
Lolita (1962) - It was pretty okay. Sue Lyon, the 14 year old (who is really 16) was a great character but I don't see how it compares to any of his other works; maybe it's because of the subject matter is quite adult for the 60s. The ending made the movie better.

Palindromes - A great movie, though it's a bit confusing because of what the ending reveals. I love that there is a armless singer in the movie.

Dead Alive - That was one of the most disgusting gory movies I've ever seen. It's somewhat of a zombie movie, I guess it received the award from Guinness for the most fake blood ever in a movie. The ending monster was great. You'll feel dirty after seeing this movie.

Jurassic Park - Beautiful though cheesy. Special effects are some of the best, even today.

Wrench

I love that movie. I did a paper on it last year.

reeper

Welcome to the Dollhouse - I remember seeing pieces of this when I was little. It's a little weird, I have to say I was bored while watching it but not as much as Lolita. Not because the idea was overdone, both movies were quite original. Welcome to the Doll house gave this feeling that I had in Junior High, which was fascinating. I liked it a little bit. I enjoyed the few references it had, such as the girl named Lolita. I'm planning on watching the last two movies of Todd Solondz. Happiness and Storytelling.

Samus Aran

I dunno if it's one of the most amazing, but it is at least really good.

Anyway, I watched "Shakespeare in Love" today. I'm writing a paper on it for my Contemporary British Film class so I'll be watching bits and pieces of it several more times within the next week or so.

Bolivian Army

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on April 05, 2009, 06:32:47 AM
[spoiler]poor Mr.D, why are all the criminals in the Hannibal series make me feel so damn sympathetic  for them. I nearly cried when Buffalo Bill was shot down by Clarice ;-;[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
all the poor guy wanted was a suit made out of ladies  :(

but the man just had to bring him down for starving them in a pit a little[/spoiler]

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Bolivian Army on April 07, 2009, 10:28:20 AM
[spoiler]
all the poor guy wanted was a suit made out of ladies  :(

but the man just had to bring him down for starving them in a pit a little[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Towards the end when Clarice found her down in the pit, that chick kept screaming, I wanted her to die at that point. Spoiled brat.[/spoiler]

Matt™

I saw Scent of a Woman earlier today, and I am watching it again as of now. Al Pachino did a great job in this movie.

superclucky

uuuuuuuh veal's list of movies still
I WILL WATCH THEM TOMORROW AND THIS WEEK YES
kewns are smelly

AVGNrippoff

Nyerp

Earlier today, I saw DragonBall: Evolution (A.K.A. Goku: The Last Airbender).

Someone please tell me, how could you make a movie so god damn FANTASTIC?!

Go Up