May 02, 2024, 04:49:40 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by reeper, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

russell

Glad to hear Coraline is good, I love that book (even though it's a children's novel, mostly...) and have been looking forward to the movie for awhile. (Book is by Neil Gaiman, author of other awesome things.)

Yesterday I got KONTROLL from Netflix, which is a Hungarian thriller (I guess) that takes place entirely in the Budapest subway system. It was surprisingly good... I liked it a lot. Acting was good, story was original, filming was great especially for what I guess was a first-time director. I'd recommend it.

l a c e y

some movie called crank.
it was pretty intense.

LCK

Quote from: lacette on February 16, 2009, 06:14:46 PM
some movie called crank.
it was pretty intense.

Crank, with Jason Statham.

I have a mancrush on Jason Statham.

l a c e y

Quote from: Trevor on February 16, 2009, 06:20:25 PM
Crank, with Jason Statham.

I have a mancrush on Jason Statham.

um idk.
it's a guy with an accent.
and he's badass.

LCK

l a c e y

Quote from: Trevor on February 16, 2009, 06:26:01 PM
Yes, it's Jason Statham.

good stuff.
he's pretty good in that movie.
except i got mad at the ending.

LCK

LCK

Andrios

Hm, I've watched a bunch of movies, but hardly paid attention to any of them.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Shannon on February 17, 2009, 01:27:20 AM
Hm, I've watched a bunch of movies, but hardly paid attention to any of them.
then you didn't really watch them did you?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Holden Cox on February 18, 2009, 02:05:11 PM
then you didn't really watch them did you?
then she attended their showing

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

I watched "The Full Monty" yesterday. It was good, but I don't see why so many people rave about it like it's the best comedy in existence. It was better than most comedies, yeah, but still pretty average on the "good movie scale" if you ask me.

reeper

Kung Fu Panda - I didn't finish it so I can't "review" it in full. Decent movie that I don't see many adults finding it as humor endowed as other movies of the nature like Horton Hears a Who or Cars.

Bubba Ho-Tep - After seeing Bruce Campell's The Man with the Screaming Brain I dreaded seeing another movie with him in it. Bubba Ho-Tep is a story of a man in a retirement home who thinks he is Elvis Presley and his black friend who thinks he is J.F.K. go to fight a mummy. The special effects are decent and the story is a little wacky. Lots of penis jokes.

The Terminator - So many people died.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Jesus Christ I thought nothing would kill that guy. Bigger explosives but not as many deaths. Good movie.

reeper

The Eraser - What a great movie, it was the most cliche action movie but was still good. The story was well thought out. Not as cool as Total Recall but it might be better than The Terminator (not T2.)

Go Up