May 08, 2024, 11:02:49 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by The artist formally known, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

Quote from: Brooks on January 20, 2009, 04:23:08 PM
just saw Wanted with friends

good god it was awful  baddood;

The only good part was when....wow, you're right

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

LCK

Quote from: Pancake Patriot  link=topic=41356.msg708520#msg708520 date=1232506161
The Boondock Saints
YES

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

The artist formally known

The Unborn - The scene where the kid is all mangled up in the medicine cabinet scared my girlfriend to death. Mediocre.

Zombi Holocaust - Lots of similarities with this movie and Day of the Dead. A scientist that is testing on Zombies. This one is testing for eternal life though. Not as well done as Day of the Dead but it's still a good movie. The movie was made in the 70s too so it's not too far off.

Samus Aran

I watched "Iphigenia" in my drama class. Very sad Greek tragedy done in modern Greek with English subtitles. For those of you unfamiliar with the myth, it's about Agamemnon (king of Mycenae) having to sacrifice his eldest daughter, Iphigenia, so the gods will give the giant Greek fleet the proper wind to sail to Troy to commence the Trojan War.

Also watched "Four Weddings and a Funeral" in my film class. Surprisingly decent, actually. Very Americanized because it's got a "Hollywood feel" to it. But still quite British. I really liked the delivery of the poem "Funeral Blues" in the funeral section of the movie. Very emotional.

Pyrate

Burn After Reading. I didn't really care for it, but I liked Brad Pitt's performance a lot.

Hiro

Weren't the last few scenes of that movie just sickening?

The artist formally known

I forgot about this movie!

Battle Royale - What a great movie. Not as much gore as I craved for, and it is the right type of movie to insert gore into. The story was pretty good too, students are put onto an island and only one is suppose to leave, they all have to fight for their life.

Bolivian Army

Quote from: reefer on January 23, 2009, 12:33:54 AM
Not as much gore as I craved for,

Isn't that the movie where that one guy decapitates someone, shoves a grenade in the head, and tosses it at a bunch of teenagers? baddood;

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Hermione Granger

i bought crash at walmart

ITS SUCH A GOOD MOVIE

Meyer Lansky

Salò , also known as The 120 Days of Sodom .

It's a pretty sick movie , definitely up there with the most "disturbing" flicks I have seen .

YPrrrr

Saw "Face Off"

Kind of stupid, but it was ok

KonohaShinobi

Saw "The Strangers", what a piece of shit. Was not even scary or anything. And was that "Are you a sinner?" part supposed to be clever? So unneeded, wasted an hour and 30 minutes of my life.

Hermione Granger

i don't see why anyone gets excited for horror movies. the same old shit happens. everyone is hyping over that one movie with the mutant freaks with the dead twin or whatever. how can people not tell it's going to bed bad? so bad plz

Go Up