May 02, 2024, 02:56:17 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by reeper, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

Ghostbusters 3

was mediocre just like the original
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

I didn't know they made a Ghostbusters 3

TooB

It was a batty kind of day today.
I bought The Killing Joke and Dark Knight Returns.

We'll see how Killing joke is, many say it's bad, but I'll probably still like it

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Big Goop on August 02, 2016, 01:23:12 PM

We'll see how Killing joke is, many say it's bad, but I'll probably still like it
people only hate it because Batman and Batgirl have sex which isnt in the original graphic novel

also the Graphic Novel isnt even that good either

TooB

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on August 06, 2016, 09:43:21 AM

people only hate it because Batman and Batgirl have sex which isnt in the original graphic novel

also the Graphic Novel isnt even that good either
people actually hate the entire first 30 minutes, which is all new material.

And I disagree.

TooB

I saw it. I liked it.

While I don't care for the "prologue," as everyone else seems to not as well, I didn't hate it like everyone else did. It was ok. Had some good action scenes, but it wasn't great.

As for the actual Killing Joke part, it was great. A great adaptation I thought.

The only real problem I have with it is that the animation can look a little chunky sometimes, and it also seems to cling a bit too tightly to the original graphic novel.

Socks

the original magnificent seven, pretty cool and good. watched some old john wayne westerns, i like his style of acting, until it gets annoying at times. overall i'm digging my renewed interest in westerns again.

Hiro

david and i saw suicide squad
it was pretty meeehhhhhhh but not completely awful, could have been a lot better but had a lot of issues
don't regret watching it though 3/7

YPrrrr

Also saw suicide squad. Idk how to feel about it I feel like I only liked part of it because it had good music.

The antagonists were so lame. Their goons looked like Putty men from power Rangers. Killer croc had nothing to do like the whole movie. Katana too. Basically the dead shot and Harley Quinn movie. I don't much care for Harley as an action hero it just seems ridiculous

Commander Fuckass

saw Suicide Squad

hate the new Joker with a passion.

6M69I69B9

let's see

also ill give very brief descr of them

invasion of the body snatchers (1978?) - it is actually decent for their time, probably a bit above avg 7.3/10.  some new organism comes into the US and when it's a flower bud- it copies someone's body while the host is sleeping. 

visit (2015) - oh man growing up w/ a father with mental illness, this shocked me a bit.  it's actually better than most recent horror films. 8/10.  two kids meet their grandparents for the first time and...well, deal with the awkward symptoms from their mental illnesses during their stay.  gets progressively better.   

it follows (2014) - a good 6/10  though umm didn't like the ending so much.  girl gets some odd curse and fights the curse with friends. 

tales form the hood (1995) - 3.5/10 (regarding horror) lmao this is bomb as hell i love it, it's actually more funny than scary.  i love how the last story is actually fucking relevant for hoodrat shootings.  3 hoodrats visit a funeral home to finish some business idk, various tales are told from some funeral home host- based on the dead bodies he shows to his guests. 

Jacob's Ladder (1995?) - war vet has visions of some weird shit and follows through the veil of imagination and reality.  his war vet possy also are experiencing similar visions.  1 by 1, they all strangely disappear.  it's ok, didn't bring me into the story so much 5.9/10 tfw

gozu (2003) - two brothers from the yakuza are driving and see some weird shit- eventually one of the brothers disappears after the other goes in to use the restroom.  he goes through quite a journey trying to find his brother...and some odd occurrences that get progressively more abstract.  ummm 6.5/10

gravity (2013) - guys sent to the moon, weird shit happens and gets progressively worse.  6/10 its ok

prob gonna watch more

i wanna watch A boy and his dog (1975) BUT i can't get through it.  it just doesn't appealt to me ENOUGH

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Socks on August 10, 2016, 08:36:31 PM
the original magnificent seven, pretty cool and good. watched some old john wayne westerns, i like his style of acting, until it gets annoying at times. overall i'm digging my renewed interest in westerns again.
please suggest some gunslinging action 4me PLEASE

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Socks on August 10, 2016, 08:36:31 PM
john wayne acting aka just say the lines and look tough. but his movies are pretty entertaining.

i watched this movie called dudes which is about these three new york punk friends (jon cryer from two and a half men and Flea are two of the three) they decide to ditch new york and head to LA. They get caught up in some fucked up desert gang and flea gets killed (very cool to see). so the other two punk friends vow revenge. One dresses up as a cowboy and the other an indian. The movie was reallly fucking dumb and I wouldnt suggest watching it unless you're stoned as shit. BUT there are some funny bits so if you do have some pot around toke up and download this movie.

Commander Fuckass

Watched Kubo and the Two Strings on Saturday, was another good film by the people at Laika

strongbad

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on August 30, 2016, 10:22:52 AM
Watched Kubo and the Two Strings on Saturday, was another good film by the people at Laika

saw it as well. thought that the beginning was amazing, the "adventure" was meh and the ending was okay. superb animation though.

the lady and i decided to go to a vip theater in bangkok (paid $75 for two tickets) and had recliners pillows, blankets and drink service. very fun to do once but probably never again lol

Go Up