May 10, 2024, 01:51:41 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by The artist formally known, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

oh yeah I saw Deadpool it was pretty enjoyable
the guy that sold me the tickets was a total dick though, insisting that they had to ID EVERYONE that was seeing the movie, so my gf had to dig her wallet out of the bottom of her full backpack to get it, despite me getting the tickets. I even told him that only one person has to be an adult to buy tickets for an R movie, not that anyone was even underage, and he just ranted about "no exceptions, the movie is super graphic and we can't take any chances," and was just being a condescending dick the whole time. then we got up to our screen and they had to check our tickets
as soon as we actually got in, the theater was full of children under 10 doodthing;
also the movie was pretty standard R-rated fare, I don't know what the fuck the fuss was about psyduck;

strongbad

Watched 50/50, a Seth rogan comedy where his friend has cancer

Cried like 3 times
Thought it was ok

Socks

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on February 19, 2016, 11:46:34 PM
...so my gf had to dig her wallet out of the bottom of her full backpack to get it...

was your GF on her way to school?

Hiro

Socks

YPrrrr

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on February 19, 2016, 11:46:34 PM
oh yeah I saw Deadpool it was pretty enjoyable
the guy that sold me the tickets was a total dick though, insisting that they had to ID EVERYONE that was seeing the movie, so my gf had to dig her wallet out of the bottom of her full backpack to get it, despite me getting the tickets. I even told him that only one person has to be an adult to buy tickets for an R movie, not that anyone was even underage, and he just ranted about "no exceptions, the movie is super graphic and we can't take any chances," and was just being a condescending dick the whole time. then we got up to our screen and they had to check our tickets
as soon as we actually got in, the theater was full of children under 10 doodthing;
also the movie was pretty standard R-rated fare, I don't know what the fuck the fuss was about psyduck;
Oh jesus christ. You know, I was actually semi-worried about that when I went to the theater but luckily the guy selling them didn't care that I look 16.

That sucks, I hate people like that. I'd probably deck a ticket seller if they pulled that if weren't behind a pane of glass. I still get furious thinking about the douches we had to deal with at that concert in Phoenix baddood;

Socks

you'd think with a name like trebilcock you'd get VIP treatment everywhere.

famy

Quote from: antmaster5000 on February 20, 2016, 01:25:19 AM
Watched 50/50, a Seth rogan comedy where his friend has cancer

Cried like 3 times
Thought it was ok
when you see that he has the book for how to go through cancer with someone lol
it was different from what I thought it would be but I liked it

strongbad

Yeah that part was pretty cute, I think I teared up a bit (partly because idk if I have any friends that would do that for me :( l

Hiro

Quote from: YPR Classic on February 20, 2016, 10:04:18 AM
That sucks, I hate people like that. I'd probably deck a ticket seller if they pulled that if weren't behind a pane of glass. I still get furious thinking about the douches we had to deal with at that concert in Phoenix baddood;
yeah we've been really wary of any concerts now  >.<

YPrrrr

Quote from: Socks on February 20, 2016, 07:04:13 PM
you'd think with a name like trebilcock you'd get VIP treatment everywhere.
no I just get confused looks like how the fuck do you pronounce that

Socks

Samus Aran

just watched Rushmore. it was pretty great i'd say. it kinda feels like it has no idea where the hell it's going, though. but i thought the performances were great, except maybe for the character of rosemary, who i thought was probably the weakest part of the film, really only serving to give max something to be weird about.

movie didn't blow me away or anything, i wouldn't call it the cult masterpiece that some people do, but i did like it a lot.

this was my first wes anderson film and i'd like to see more by him

Samus Aran

saw Zombieland tonight. great stuff.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on March 04, 2016, 03:59:53 AM
just watched Rushmore. it was pretty great i'd say. it kinda feels like it has no idea where the hell it's going, though. but i thought the performances were great, except maybe for the character of rosemary, who i thought was probably the weakest part of the film, really only serving to give max something to be weird about.

movie didn't blow me away or anything, i wouldn't call it the cult masterpiece that some people do, but i did like it a lot.

this was my first wes anderson film and i'd like to see more by him
You should I luff him

Royal Tenenbaums is my jam

Go Up