May 09, 2024, 06:11:43 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by The artist formally known, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

walter mitty - pretty, had some funny parts, a little cheesy and had a few parts i found silly, but overall it was quite a bit better than i expected

Nyerp

Classic

We watched this tonight. It's an odd movie.

The environments take place on live-action model sets with the characters animated on top. The movie features just these two characters (with the radio announcer included) talking to each other the entire time.
They're survivors of a nuclear fallout with Russia during the cold war.

The entire movie, you watch them go from being a happy, old couple to sick, radiated corpses.
A very unsettling art style (camera angles and characters constantly shaking) and a very sad but humbling ending.

Hiro

the hobbit - liked it more than the first one, which i also quite liked.

Nyerp

saw catching fire, way better than the first

6M69I69B9

January 11, 2014, 02:48:25 PM #1775 Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:44:34 PM by The Last MIB
watched Her

i have to say- i think i overhyped it lol

but anyway:

The atmosphere of the movie- I love it.  There are some good quotes in this movie.  The setting of it being a not so distant future was pretty cool and seemed damn realistic.  There were many concepts that haven't been truly thought of in depth for a few things.  It was first-world as Hell.  

Starting was a bit slow.  I didn't truly felt attached to the characters throughout the movie.  Theodore Twombly reminds me of myself- a just a little more out-going.  When I got used to Samantha being there, it eventually seemed as if she was another person- but I guess that's to be expected as an artificially intelligent operating system.  They had their good times, bad times, etc..  There were some pretty interesting scenarios with dating an operating system, too.  

I liked Theodore- I can seem myself being him in the future.  

07.02/10.00 - Lackluster in many parts and some unnecessary flashbacks that try to redeem for more emotion.  Could have been better, but I liked the general atmosphere of the movie and the concept of dating an operating system was very interesting along with trying to judge the value of emotions one dedicates to an operating system.  I'd watch a few more times in the future.  

[spoiler]It seemed like a long-distanced couple's relationship just without Samantha describing any kind of physical feeling like touching, tasting, and smelling.  But she could see and hear.  [/spoiler]
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Commander Fuckass

Did he end up fucking the operating system
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Sif on January 11, 2014, 03:19:12 PM
Did he end up fucking the operating system
[spoiler]I can't remember if he had the ear piece and the little gadget thing for the operating systems in his hand or if it was on his night stand, but Theodore was on his bed in his night wear and both Samantha and him eventually fantasized outloudand started moaning.  It was kind of funny because all of this is in his head, and the audience is just seeing him and a gadget moaning.  That must have been an intense imagination for him, lol.  They didn't show below and mostly up to his face and torso.[/spoiler]
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ME##

i watched ~amour~ today, i'm sure nobody else has watched it but it was well don etc

Daddy

Saw "Her" with cindy.

it was good but not some amazing emotional work of art that I've seen some reviews make it out otbe.

ME##

those with flesh gf will not understand

Socks

January 19, 2014, 10:57:16 PM #1781 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:02:27 PM by Socks
Lone Survivor a few days ago. I liked it a lot but I think the director didn't need to change some of the details to make it seem more movie-esque in the many incorrect but significant plot and story endings. It just tries to add some sort of ordained order or moral to the event, and be two things at once, fact and fiction. Wont't matter for the average folk, but nevertheless I feel it does somewhat of a disservice. Otherwise accurate though in real life it was more brutal and prolonged.

[spoiler]best open source on Op Red Wings[/spoiler]

TooB

Got around to YoYo Girl Cop.
Its totally..... not too bad actually.
Other than the title and that, yeah the weapon is a yoyo, the story premise is pretty good, cjaracters are interesting enough,  and solid action.

But you know, coming from the battle royale people, i see similarities to the two.

But yeah, enjoyed it enough especially since it only cost two bucks

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I watchex the Mitt Romney documentary on Netflix just now. The obvious goal of the movie is to humanize Mitt, and it succeeds. Throughout the movie I was wondering "Man if this came out sometime before the election, would Mitt have fared better?" but then I remembered the Obama documentary that came out around the same time and from a political standpoint it probably would have been counterproductive or wraught with controversy.

During the course of the movie you almost end up rooting for him. Gone is the media portrayed desperation of "This is a Man who will do anything for president" and presented it a man who earnestly believes in everything he's saying. It's easy to forget the 49 controversy and some of his debate stammerings (they're in the movie, but only touched on. And somewhat unsatisfactionaly touched on at that) The glimpses of Media Romney are still there. The names of his family and staffers embroidered on the cushions of his first class plane (is this standard of all first class planes? how much does this cost? do they get to keep the cushion after the election??) the immaculate makeup and presentation of his wife (who is 65???) all his staffers having ipads, iphones, mac computers, traveling first class. These things are not unique to Romney's campaign I'm sure, but I can't help but have a bad taste in my mouth seeing all of it. Further proof that the wealthy and the "elite" are the true powers that be.

In the end it's an enjoyable documentary that is well thought out and definitely sheds some light onto the viscious political circus that is the Presidential Election

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up