May 03, 2024, 02:39:52 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by reeper, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

no maybe disney saw another mediocre animated film and thought "marketing marketing marketing"

YPrrrr

Quote from: Fuck on November 29, 2012, 11:49:31 AM
no maybe you overhyped it because all you wanted to see was mario and sonic doing stupid shit for 90 minutes
I don't think Corey is the type to be gushing over sonic or mario n_u

Samus Aran

Quote from: NDDR on November 29, 2012, 12:13:53 PM
Quote from: Fuck on November 29, 2012, 11:49:31 AM
no maybe you overhyped it because all you wanted to see was mario and sonic doing stupid shit for 90 minutes
I don't think Corey is the type to be gushing over sonic or mario n_u

or any game really

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

Daddy

indie game:themovie

enjoyed it, though a bit long.

I was glad the some things worked out, like the Meat Boy guys making bank etc. etc., but that wasn't really anything I didn't already know. But it was an interesting look at some "indie developers" and worth a watch.

Samus Aran

just got back from the hobbit

honestly it was as good as i expected. basically, quite good for an adaptation of part of the book, but inherently a bit less interesting than the rings saga. as pretty much expected it has more comedic silly moments, since the book did as well. but it's still done in basically the exact same style otherwise as the rings movies. except, i dunno, the pacing kinda does weird things.

i don't really see how the movie is getting so much flak and such from critics though because it's not really that different from the rings saga lol

one thing though - they embellished and changed things here and there to make it tie into the rings saga better. sauron is directly mentioned, and it's foreshadowed that he's coming back. even the witch king himself makes an appearance. sort of, at least. it's been a long time since i read the book, but i definitely don't remember that being there. nor do i remember galadriel herself ever appearing in rivendell. and the necromancer is just much more important than he was in the book. honestly i hardly even remember that in the book.

oh and it is a bit over long yeah

Samus Aran

okay so apparently actually some of the extra content (e.g. the ring being more important, the necromancer being more important, saruman turning evil) is not really extra so much as it's from the "extended" version of the hobbit that tolkien had written later

http://dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/38238171936/where-the-extra-content-in-the-hobbit-came-from

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

strongbad

the hobit

i'm kind of annoying that it's going to be a trilogy after watching it. maybe it could have a sequel, but i think that they are milking it way too much. the movie was good but i thought that a lot of the new content was stupid. it was pretty too.

Clara Listensprechen

After a number of decades, I got to see "No Time For Sergeants" again.  n_u
Hmph.

don't let's

Oh yeah, I saw The Hobbit like last Monday, and I thought it was pretty cool. Though I wanted a little bit more right then and there. Haven't read the book yet. Probably will get to that soon. (And I kind of did the same for the Lord of the Rings, I didn't read that stuff until after I saw the first move.)

silvertone

Quote from: Fuck on November 14, 2012, 09:18:12 AM
it is very clear from today's proceedings who the little shit really is

ive been watching a lot of quirky romantic comedies for whatever reason, or movies with love as a theme. not necessarily romantic comedies.

Moonrise Kingdom was great. I liked it better than Anderson's last two efforts. Kids did a good job blah blah blah.

Seeking a Friend at the End of the World was pretty good. Steve Carrell did a good job in his role. He plays an insurance salesman who is afraid to take risks but then he meets this lady and they venture out to see the people they want to see before the world ends. At first it's a little boring but the end is full of feels whatever.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Good movie. Would have liked it more if I hadn't watched SaFatEotW previously. One big fear of mine is that the people I'm with will want me "erased" from their memory, and that is what the movie is about.

to break it up a little bit, I watched a documentary on the actor Spaulding Grey. Can't remember what is was called. Grey pretty much does one man shows. All autobiographical. He is a hell of a storyteller. Had kind of a sad life at the end, offed himself in 04. Anyway, if anyone is interested in him watch Swimming to Cambodia. then maybe this documentary. whatever it's called.

Go Up