June 22, 2024, 03:48:22 AM

1,531,269 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by The artist formally known, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

l a c e y

yesterday night i went to the theaters and viewed the movie Taken.
it was a good movie.

Wrench

Just saw Repo: The Generic Opera. It was pretty neat actually despite being a musical.

Skylark

Last night I watched The Reader and Milk (I had already seen this but it was great all over again)

I enjoyed The Reader a lot
the book of right on

The artist formally known

Halloween (1978) - Why is this such a hit? Only reason I respected the movie is because it was made by people who don't usually make movies. The opening is done great, tits and all but after that it's like an hour of Michael Myers appearing and disappearing. I still want to look into the rest of the movies, especially Rob Zombie's.

Crash (2004) - I've seen it before. The movie had a piece of excellence but fell short for me because it seemed like a bunch of movies piled into one. If all the characters interacted with each other a lot more it would have been better, and of course the less of a focus on racism and stereotypes. A little sad.

I also saw Spirited Away again, still one of the best movies ever. Watching Terminator 3 now.

superclucky

No Blade for Grass: I was kinda scared how the people from the 70's feared the same exact problems as today. (Global warming, biological warfare, etc.) A lot of action, and I liked its foreshadowing in its cheesy sense (Random scene with red flashes). But I did feel that it was cut off too short, I wanted to know more what happened to the group that was escaping from London. ;_;

Awakenings: I found it pretty boring from the scenery, it was an old white hospital and a bunch of mentally ill persons whom you never 'really' know about, but it did have its moments like when they made the catatonic able to move again.

I'm going to watch Walking Life and Spirited Away and the da vinci code next. n_____n
kewns are smelly

Selkie

Taken. It was pretty intense. I was rooting for Liam the whole way through. It I guess did a decent job making his efforts seem emotional and driven.

I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, obviously, but it was pretty good. Entertaining.

Nyerp

I watched the X-Men movies last night and today. The ending was retarded. madood;

strongbad

We're watching some movie in Spanish class about cubans coming over to the US and one of them became a drug dealer lol

March 04, 2009, 11:11:17 PM #279 Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:34:09 AM by reefer
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - Before watching it I sort of dreaded watching Terminator 3 because I've only heard bad about it. Sure T-X, the terminator sent to kill John Connor lacked a personality unlike that of Terminator 2's T-1000, the terminator sent to kill John Connor as a child. Another thing about this movie that was just crap was that it held the same story as the first two. A terminator goes to kill John Connor (or his mother in the first movie) and someone else is sent back in time to stop this from happening. All I can sum Terminator 3 into is "more of the same." Terminator Salvation will hopefully break the tired mold and show the real thing any Terminator fan has been waiting for. Now with all the great CGI we have today I'll defiantly see Terminator Salvation. Too bad the director also directed Charlie's Angels, but on the bright side there is always Christan Bale.

Hannibal - This is the sequel to Silence of the Lambs, it continues the story of serial killer Hannibal Lecter who has escaped from imprisonment. Though Hannibal isn't as awesome as he was in the first movie Hannibal is still a great sequel. One thing I just have to get out of the way is Clarice Starling's character's appearance is very noticeably different. What the fuck happened? Anyways as like the first movie there are parts that just don't make sense. How did the human eating boars get all the way to the US? The final scene in the movie is awesome and just shows how truly twisted Hannibal is. A great film with some blemishes that are easy to ignore.

The Squid and the Whale - I wasn't even remotely surprised to see in the credits that it was produced by Wes Anderson. It's a story about two brothers going through a divorce in the 1980's. All of the characters have very distinguishable personalities. I enjoyed the movie though it is a little sad and never lightens up.

Scanners - I don't know what to think of the movie, parts were awesome and some parts were so lame and very hard to follow. The first 20 minutes and the story were so awesome but the acting was pretty awful, not that over the top acting like Arnold Schwarzenegger's, more like under reactions as well as over reactions. The ending leads into the 2nd movie which isn't even on DVD. What a rip.

Twenty Bucks - It's a story of a $20 bill, while there are characters, it's just a camera following the life of the bill. The movie's story is good though the feeling of the movie isn't. I liked it.

Skylark

I am rewatching The Singing Revolution right now

It's a really beautiful documentary about the Estonian people and how their singing helped them overcome everything and the Soviet Union.
Also, my friend Krista is in it :)
the book of right on

Primer - Though the story is confusing, this is true for most all time traveling movies. I found it very awesome, especially because it's an independent film, done for about $7,000. I like the movie because the director, Shane Carruth, has a little different explanation of time travel. It's well thought out and Shane Carruth is the starring role, director, producer, writer, cinematographer, and about ten other things. A great sci-fi movie thats not too weird. Towards the end the movie gets pretty confusing and parts of the movie you might have a hard time hearing the characters because of the poor job on sound but it's forgivable since it's such a low budget movie. Still a great movie. Carruth chose not to dumb down the movie and I'm very happy for it.

Step Brothers - It was alright. Parts were over the top. Lots of penis jokes.

Go Up