May 02, 2024, 10:46:02 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I learned something about musical genres today.

Started by Samus Aran, November 06, 2008, 01:25:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

People actually use the term "butt rock."  doodthing;

I discovered this by trying to see, out of sheer curiosity, if Wikipedia had an article explaining just what "cock rock" is usually defined as. Considering it's not exactly a real genre, the meaning gets twisted all the times, and yeah, I was curious. Anyway, it redirected me to "glam rock" which I found hilarious. Then, out of more curosity, I decided to view the discussion on the article to see if anyone mentioned cock rock.

Quotehair and cock

Hair metal != cock rock. It is a form of cock rock.
Hair metal needs to be merged with cock rock. â,”Preceding unsigned comment added by 88.109.55.234 (talk) 17:39, 19 December 2005

Butt rock should be thrown in there as well, since it's a euphemism for the more provocative cock rock. 74.7.55.66 (talk) 21:44, 21 February 2008 (UTC)

i am not as familiar with the term butt rock, but i agree that cock rock should be mentioned in this article. the term is quite brilliantly applicable given the common use of euphamisms in glam metal lyrics, tight pants, 'cocky' attitude of musicians, and near-transvestite appearance of some bands. Zmbe (talk) 13:43, 11 August 2008 (UTC)

Butt rock, really? Now that's just silly. As if the term "cock rock" wasn't bad enough.

I'm going to go to a music store and ask if they have any butt rock.

Houdini

I've heard "butt rock" used before. It's usually meant as a derogatory term.

Go Up