September 29, 2024, 10:42:16 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

songs with subliminal msgs

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, October 04, 2008, 11:23:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

We're doing a project about subliminal messages in Psychology. For this project, I need for songs with hidden messages in them. However, I have no such songs. befuddlement
so guys could you do me a huge favor and find me four at least somewhat decent songs with subliminal messages in them
any song you want as long as it's not overstuffed with swears and it doesn't suck

Thyme

http://www.reversespeech.com/music_reversals.htm

That site's pretty weird, that doctor guy's been thinking about this a bit too thoroughly... but yeah, that particular page has a pretty long list of songs with pareidolia subliminal messages.

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

Just write "subliminal messaging in music is almost entirely complete bullshit and anyone who's dumb enough to believe in it should seriously get their ears checked" on a piece of paper and turn it in

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: ThunderKaz on October 05, 2008, 01:10:43 AM
Just write "subliminal messaging in music is almost entirely complete bullshit and anyone who's dumb enough to believe in it should seriously get their ears checked" on a piece of paper and turn it in
what about on warioware touched when you turned ashley's record backwards and it said some thing about sending kids to hell

Hiro

Quote from: Glass, Concrete, and Stone on October 05, 2008, 11:27:20 AM
what about on warioware touched when you turned ashley's record backwards and it said some thing about sending kids to hell
No, you play it twice the speed

Nyerp

Quote from: Glass, Concrete, and Stone on October 05, 2008, 11:27:20 AM

OH YEAH BECAUSE YOU TOTALLY HEAR THAT WHILE CASUALLY LISTENING TO THE SONG AND IT MAKES YOU WANT TO KILL KIDS

idiots

UnagiPower

another one bites the dust

and stairway to heaven

i'd never have known about either if not for wikipedia.  :|

superclucky

kewns are smelly

Daddy

wawi

Samus Aran

Quote from: Clucky on October 05, 2008, 12:43:36 PM
that pink floyd song

Yes, "Empty Spaces" contains genuine backmasking, but it's not satanic messages or anything.

QuoteDirectly before the lyrical section, there is a hidden message. It is isolated on the left channel of the song. When heard normally, it appears to be nonsense. If played backwards, the following can be heard: [1][2]

-Hello, Hunters... Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont...
-Roger! Carolyne's on the phone!
-Okay.

It is believed that this backward message is a comical reference to former lead singer/guitarist Syd Barrett. Roger Waters congratulates you for finding this message, and jokes that you can send your answer to Syd (the 'Old Pink'), who lives somewhere in a funny farm (a term to describe an Psychiatric hospital) in Chalfont. Before he can tell the exact location however, he gets interrupted by someone (engineer James Guthrie) in the background who says Carolyn (Waters' wife) is on the phone.

So yeah, no subliminal messages, just a joke.

Quote from: UnagiPower on October 05, 2008, 11:44:59 AM
another one bites the dust

and stairway to heaven

i'd never have known about either if not for wikipedia.  :|

I hope you realize neither of those songs have real backmasking and the "messages" are complete bullshit.

Go Up