June 09, 2024, 04:19:20 PM

1,531,633 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Every Band You've Seen Live

Started by Placebo Headwound, September 23, 2008, 11:50:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lozal

High On Fire
Job For A Cowboy
Children Of Bodom
In Flames
Megadeth
Muse
My Chemical Romance

[spoiler] powerofone;[/spoiler]
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Houdini

Quote from: steal on October 01, 2008, 01:24:59 PM
+ i saw a bunch of shitty local deathcore bands last friday

and this friday i'll see some more hopefully not shitty local metal bands. they're not all deathcore this time so it should be alright
Good luck. Local metal bands suck nine times out of ten.

C.Mongler

Quote from: steal on October 02, 2008, 08:18:20 PM
yeah i know. But there's also a possibility I'll get to see Gogol Bordello for free this sunday. Now THAT is going to be awesome, without a doubt.

lucky bastard

Samus Aran

Quote from: steal on October 02, 2008, 08:18:20 PM
yeah i know. But there's also a possibility I'll get to see Gogol Bordello for free this sunday. Now THAT is going to be awesome, without a doubt.

all i know about gogol bordello is that ProtectedMember32 loves the song "start wearing purple" but i personally don't like it

russell

seeing Weezer tonight, woohoo

and angels & airwaves  edumacate;

russell

Quote from: steal on October 02, 2008, 09:15:32 PM
yeah i can see why it wouldn't really be your thing. they're sort of delightfully awful and amazing at the same time and you have to appreciate them as such. and not to mention their style is pretty unique.

but I've heard his live shows are amazing, I know a few people that have seen them and they ALL have said nothing but great things. look for some live videos on youtube or something, the vocalist is a nut. So I'm really looking forward to it.

I saw them two years ago, probably the best show I've been to. Band was great and really energetic, and the crowd was better... they threw instruments into the crowd for people to play, everyone sang along in Ukrainian; dancing gypsies, it was marvelous.

rreeppttaarr

Alesana
Norma Jean
Say Anything
We The Kings
Gym Class Heroes
The Academy Is...
Shwayze
As I Lay Dying
Shorelines End (Dallas band)

All of those except Shorelines End were at this past Warped Tour =]

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: rreeppttaarr on October 03, 2008, 01:49:31 PM
Alesana
Norma Jean
Say Anything
We The Kings
Gym Class Heroes
The Academy Is...
Shwayze
As I Lay Dying
Shorelines End (Dallas band)

All of those except Shorelines End were at this past Warped Tour =]
I thought you were dead.

rreeppttaarr

Quote from: Thief888 on October 03, 2008, 01:56:50 PM
I thought you were dead.

Turns out most people did.
But I'm very alive, so let us dance.

Houdini

Quote from: steal on October 02, 2008, 09:15:32 PM
yeah i can see why it wouldn't really be your thing. they're sort of delightfully awful and amazing at the same time and you have to appreciate them as such. and not to mention their style is pretty unique.

but I've heard his live shows are amazing, I know a few people that have seen them and they ALL have said nothing but great things. look for some live videos on youtube or something, the vocalist is a nut. So I'm really looking forward to it.
They sound pretty retarded on record but I'd definitely see them live. They played at a festival I went to last weekend but I just barely missed them, which made me pretty sad. I do think they're a little overrated though since everyone I know says they're "amazing".

Skylark

Sigur Ros can be added to my list and in a few days (October 7th) Cat Power Cat Power Cat Power Cat Power Cat Power Cat Power Cat Power
the book of right on

Hiro

I almost say journey last night. :'(

Skylark

Quote from: steal on October 05, 2008, 10:29:52 PM
They were definitely one of the greatest live bands I've ever seen. The way the atmosphere at the festival I saw them at completely exploded when Gogol Bordello took the stage was really stunning, and of course they were fun as hell to just shout along with, the crowd was wild, and the band had more energy than a dozen caffeine pills. It was pretty much the epitome of what any fun show should be.

oh and elvis costello was boooorrrinnggg

did he dance for you?
the book of right on

Sam

I saw Jenny Lewis last night. Dave is the most entertaining man ever, he looks so gbored on stage and for some reaosn it's fun to watch.

Jenny lewis sang to me and clapped in my face and i was like.. close enough to kiss her. But I didn't. Because taht would be rude.

opening bands with... deer tick and.. someone else. I forget. I hate deer tick's lead singer's voice 80% of the time. Sometimes it sounds good.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

strongbad

The End Fest:
Mars Volta
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Snow Patrol

Projekt Revolution:
Linkin Park
Taking back sunday
HIM
Saosin

PAX concert (lol):