May 13, 2024, 10:32:11 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Village of the Boyagers

Started by Ringo, June 16, 2008, 11:32:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

Quote from: Hiro on July 24, 2008, 11:38:47 PM
YAY THE STORY IS NOT DEAD!!!!!

Thank you for waiting for me, but I've been back a while.  powerofone;

[spoiler]OH yay I'm alive.

WHAT THE HELL I'M LEFT HANDED
NOT MY ARM!!!!  :(
WHAT WILL BECOME OF ME?!?!?!
lol at the signature factory
I love you, amazing chapter
maybe I can be a badass and lead a rebellion that breaks out of the camp and we go to victory  powerofone;[/spoiler]

Everytime you write in this thread you seem extremely self-absorbed, hiro. >.>

Anyway, good chapter Ringo, good to see you're not dead. :3
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Hiro

Quote from: Samwise Gamgee on July 25, 2008, 12:57:29 PM
Everytime you write in this thread you seem extremely self-absorbed, hiro. >.>

Anyway, good chapter Ringo, good to see you're not dead. :3
:( Sowwy.  :(
But the chapter was about me....

Feynman

Can you fucking space it out more? When you want a new line, just press enter one more damn time. It'll make the text more readable and less like a wall of words.

Hiro

Quote from: Bassir on July 25, 2008, 03:20:10 PM
Can you fucking space it out more? When you want a new line, just press enter one more damn time. Make the text attractive.
Yeah, that is true.
And I don't believe you're in the story, which I find odd, as you kinda run Boyah a little bit.  befuddlement

Garahe

Quote from: Hiro on July 25, 2008, 03:21:12 PM
Yeah, that is true.
And I don't believe you're in the story, which I find odd, as you kinda run Boyah a little bit.  befuddlement

He's the dramatic leader whose been doing things behind the scenes and doesn't get introduced till later.
HOLY COW I'M TOTALLY GOING SO FAST-AW FUCK

Hiro

Quote from: Qualanx on July 25, 2008, 03:28:15 PM
He's the dramatic leader whose been doing things behind the scenes and doesn't get introduced till later.
that could most certainly happen

Feynman

Yeah, that is true.

A bit? Before JMV and Snorkel, I took care of Boyah all alone--I did everything. Every time we got booted for some reason, I was the one that took out the defibrillator and yelled "clear."

The move from PowerSpike to Boyah, the move from running out of bandwidth to another server, the move from there to here, all alone. And I can't tell you how annoying moving a whole damn database is, especially one THIS HUGE.

Also, it's probably because Ringo and I have horrible history. When I gained power, he was soon after demoted, and he blames that on me or something. Not sure if he still hates me, but whatever.

Hiro

Quote from: Bassir on July 25, 2008, 03:31:54 PM
A bit? Before JMV and Snorkel, I took care of Boyah all alone--I did everything. Every time we got booted for some reason, I was the one that took out the defibrillator and yelled "clear."

The move from PowerSpike to Boyah, the move from running out of bandwidth to another server, the move from there to here. All solo.

Also, it's probably because Ringo and I have horrible history. When I gained power, he was soon after demoted, and he blames that on me or something. Not sure if he still hates me, but whatever.
hm... befuddlement
But yeah, I know you play an important role here.

Kalahari Inkantation

Ringo

Yeah, that is true.
He's in there.

"Socks! Selk! Cut it out! I won't have my men killing each other. Not now." Bassir hoarsely barked as he looked over the terrain map.

Think of Bassir as the strategist. A General Patton of sorts. Like Steal his role may be expanded later on.

Hiro

Quote from: Ringo on July 25, 2008, 09:56:57 PM
He's in there.

"Socks! Selk! Cut it out! I won't have my men killing each other. Not now." Bassir hoarsely barked as he looked over the terrain map.

Think of Bassir as the strategist. A General Patton of sorts. Like Steal his role may be expanded later on.
oh yeah, I remember now  caterpie;

Ringo

The faint aura of wildlife filled the dense forrest. Overhanging trees obstructed most of the bright suns rays beneath a canopy of fir. Deeper and deeper Hime led them through the encroaching forrest until at last they came upon Outsider. From an aerial view Outsiders encampment seemed nothing more than a few stray tree-huts against a backdrop of undending forrest. But closer examination yielded more revealing discoveries. Beneath the treeline, dense foliage served as camoflauge, masking the forums presence perfectly. What could be seen from above was but a fraction of what lay below. Their guide would take quick glances up every so often leaving Steal to wonder if she knew where she was going, or if she was even to be trusted. Raven had deep pockets, it wouldn't take more than a few thousand and a warm place to sleep to convince many to sell out. Steal watched their guide's gaze, marking the positions mentally as he warily proceeded.
The first thing that had caught his attention was the letter combination 'IC' engraved into an older tree. The marking was done with a blade but was definitive enough to make out from where he was at. Moments later a similar insignia came into view "WH". Hime's direction altered in correspondence to the letterings direction. The lettering served as a roadmap of sorts. When the forum wanted to dissapear or had simply moved, they'd destroy the old insignia and mark another set of trees. "AT" came into view and already Steal could smell the faint scent of smoked beef wafting through the trees. Ringo skulked behind, the only indicator of his presence being the pleasant conversation he'd entertained Sam with. The two would converse over this and that, recent events among other things. But Steal knew something darker lurked just beneath that facade of formality. Hime's head bobbed up again and Steal made made note of a "UD" carved high into the trunk of a tree.
Pine needles crunched beneath Steal's boots releasing the fresh fragrance amongst the dead seeds. Clair had unsheathed the Flintock and the clunky pistol now hung limply from her belt, swinging to and fro like a pendelum with each step allowing her to carry the food satchel over her back.
Sock's mannerisms had shifted to that of a predatory cat, his eyes scanning the forrest surroundings with intense scrutinization. Steal registered a passing engraved "ID"  that caused Hime's direction to change midstep.
Outsider was old, real old. Older than almost any other Nsider forum in existance. The forum had gone from nameless IF tribe to the largest bandit camp in existance. This was due in no small part to the leadership, the first to be noted was Che Carello. Carello's influence and charisma had been the glue that kept the forum together over the years. His vision had been what inspired Outsiders creation, but no vision would be complete without a means of enacting it. Carello may have been the visionary but Phydeux was the mind of the operation. Without him, Outsider would most likely still have been discussing current afffairs over an open flame at the InvisionFree camp. Phydeux understanding of forum operation had allowed him to engineer the forum with maximum efficiency.Layers of sharpened metal jutted out to discourage straightforward assault while wood and steel had been adapted to form walls impregnable to anything short of a full multi-forum assault.
"TH", Steal could hear the distant flow of running water over the massive wheel that powered the forums operations. Phydeaux had irrigated the city using a nearby river allowing the members within a semi-comfortable way of life amongst the dying world about them.
Steal pulled this all from memories, various dealings with the Outsiders from day gone by. He'd heard things, power struggles that had nearly crippled the forums and turned brethren against brethren.
"Are we going to be there soon? " Sock's called out from the back. Hime turned her head half-attentively and responded with a dismissive
"Soon."
Sock's groaned and decided against arguing. Within a few minutes the last insignia came into view, a massive oak tree with the letters "AR" carved deep into the trunk. Behind it, wood and rusted metal intertwined clashing with the forrest behind and alerting Steal to the presence of the forum that lay beyond.

Outsider.

Ringo

May 11th, 06, PN.

Journal Entry,
Thief

The expedition hasn't come back yet. We're all pretty scared, pretty tired. It's kind of sad, you say goodnight to someone the night before and end up burning the corpses the day after. We have to burn them, or else they will eat them. We found a few graves dug up yesterday, the bodies excavated at dusk and eaten by dawn. Bassir's enacted a curfew and had us burn the bodies to stop the cannibalism. I feel so weak, so tired. I just want to sleep. Nobody trusts anyone anymore. Kono's pretty sick. I'm beginning to think letting Raven have the forum would have been a more merciful solution. I should writing stop now, I've got the night shift.

May 13th, 06 PN

I walked the fence today, nothing new. Kono's condition has worsened, with our immune systems down we're left open to anything and everything. It started with a cough, nothing more than a passing cough. Turns out Kono has something called "Muscular Dystrophy", a hereditary disease he picked up from his mom and pop. I didn't want to break it to him so I let him go on thinking his cough would go away in a week or two. Bassir's clamped down and started hanging anyone caught eating corpses. Something tells me that's not going to go over well with Boyah. If my suspisciouns are correct it might just incite a civil war. Some of the mods have used the opportunity to suggest Bassir be ousted in favor of a "fairer" moderator who is "more concerned with their needs.", nothing more than shameless ploys to gain power.
I used to be afraid of death, I still am. But now when I look at it I don't see it as some sort of boogy-man. I see it as it is, a part of life. When can I go?

May 17th 06 PN

They're never gonna come back. Never. Chances are they're dried up somewhere in the east with Raven out ther puffing a cigar while he waits for us to keel over. Bassir, JMV, Reaper.We're all gonna die.  All of us, dead.  Some of the members have formed factions in hopes of putting certain members in power and getting the forums on "the right track to survival". When this is all over all that ol' Raven's gonna have to do is walk over our corpses and build a derrick. Konoshinobi's on his way out, he keeps shiverin' and shakin', asking questions and all I can think of is how hungry I am. I don't want to die! None of us do! We gotta live on somehow. Konoshinobi is on his way out, and as I watch him sleep I know what I'm thinking is wrong. But... why should both of us die when only one of us has to? If you would have told me a year ago I would be capable of such a monstrous act, I would have laughed. Well there's certainly nothing funny about it now. Am I capable of such horror? I guess there's only one way to find out.

May 18th, 06 PN

I have seen the color of my soul and it is black...

Hiro

OH MY GOD WHAT DID THIEF DO TO KONO?!?!?!

Oh, and that previous chapter was hilarious, but yay Outsider!  powerofone;

Well, two great chapters.
Houdini, I can tell he's up to somethin...
Although to be honest, I think it would have been more effective if you switched the last two chapters in order.

Sam

Quote from: Hiro on July 25, 2008, 11:56:17 PM
OH MY GOD WHAT DID THIEF DO TO KONO?!?!?!

Oh, and that previous chapter was hilarious, but yay Outsider!  powerofone;

Well, two great chapters.
Houdini, I can tell he's up to somethin...
Although to be honest, I think it would have been more effective if you switched the last two chapters in order.

..How exactly was it "hilarious"?  befuddlement

Good work as always ringo. :3
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Go Up