May 14, 2024, 10:12:06 AM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Village of the Boyagers

Started by Ringo, June 16, 2008, 11:32:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FAMY2

Should it get posted on Outsider? What you think Johnny?  powerofone;

Hiro

Not yet Clair. And sam, They're coming for ME D:

Socks

Hiro is just the nerd with the compass, their main goal is to get us lost I guess.

Hiro

Did you read the thing Socks? I'm the leader and their goal is to kill me. maps;

Socks

The leader of what? I guess everyone else is too stupid to work a compass.

Sam

Quote from: Socks on June 29, 2008, 09:18:13 AM
Hiro is just the nerd with the compass, their main goal is to get us lost I guess.

ahaha

That's really what he strikes me as though. >.> Sorry Hiro. :

You did run instead of standing to fight like the rest of us. And look where that got you, dummy.  baddood;
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Hiro

Leader of our group, read the convo ringo and i had after the chapter. and the story says I'm wise :P

Socks

Ok Hiro, you probably take this story more seriously then me so I'm not going to continue being a dick with logic.

Hiro

Ringo

July 01, 2008, 09:48:11 PM #159 Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:59:57 PM by Ringo
The forrest's landscape had undergone a drastic change as the last remnants of sunlight sun dissapeared beyond the horizon, leaving ebbs of orange to which gave way to shades of dark blue in the clouded night sky. They didn't feel like eating after what happened to Hiro, but they ate anyways. The food fell stale upon their tongues as they chewed obligingly in the crackling firelight. Socks watched the smoldering flames in deep thought. Ringo and Steal had set up watch from a treestand several yards above them. Socks could make out the green outline of those cattish eyes, appraising him from the darkness. Ringo, steadily scanned the surroundings like a predatory animal looking for a meal Next to him sat Steal, his hand clutching the crossbow with a clamp grip. Ringo watched the sleeping Sam, her calm steady breathing, her eyes closed in peacefull slumber. The sight pained Ringo. Had she known what this cruel world had for her! Daresay, she would not have been so peacefull. Ringo could feel Steal's presence without so much as glancing over. He was a protector, a sentry and a watchmen over the innocent. And Ringo, Ringo was a rogue, a skulker and a sneaker whose deeds went often unseen by man. They were natural foes, like a guard and a thief. He was naturally uncomfortable. As if reading his thoughts Steal spoke staring into nothing, his eyes glistening against the distant firelight.
"Think they'll be back?"
"No, no. They were diverting our attention away from Hiro. They way I see it, Meta will do what he wishes with Hiro then go for us."
"Which would explain why they sent so few after us. But why Hiro?"
"He was at the front for navigation, from a distant it could have been assumed he was our leader. Meta hunts his prey for the sake of hunting them. He uses them for sport, killing an unworthy opponent unarmed would violate his sense of warrior 'honour'" Ringo scoffed. "Chances are he'll go after us one by one. Makes it more personal for him."
"What do you think she's dreaming about?"
"Probably Outsider, Boyah. What lies ahead. She doesn't seem to be able to controll what she sees."
"Which would explain why she can't see through you. I noticed your little game with the doorknob. Jiggling it back and forth ever so slightly to make us think the dead themselves waited for us outside" Steal mocked, turning towards Ringo with a withering scowel.
"Hm? Oh, yes. That. Well my guests couldn't be disturbed so I thought I'd add a bit of theatrics to it. No harm done." he retorted as he shrugged the remark off.
"You know with me out of the way, there'd be no real competition."
"The thought had crossed my mind."
"But I know you won't do it." Steal's eyes narrowed to slits as he spoke, Ringo could detect a hint of challenge rising in his voice "You can't kill me."
"Oh can't I?" Ringo supressed a laugh as he hissed. Their fencing of words had the makings of an all out duel.
"No, because you know if you ever did she would hate you for it."
He was right. In his heart Ringo knew it was true. He would have protected her from the world and its malevolence, had he not been there. Always interfering, always meddling, he'd been there as a stumblingblock, impeding his progress. Had she not cared for him he would have dispatched of him while his back was turned. But he knew the Boyagers would grow suspicous if their friend suddenly fell deathly ill or had a well planned "accident" while out on patrol. And Sam, she would never forgive him no matter how much he gave her. He wanted her to choose him on her own, not simply because there were no other options. They would immediately turn their inquiries to him and he'd had enough murders, for now. He was sure Steal honestly believed he was somehow protecting her, maybe he was. Maybe Ringo was the danger. If Steal was gone, who would protect them from him?

Far from the treestand Socks winced as Clair examined the wound.
"You were lucky" she said soothingly, her voice complementing the fire.
"Lucky?" Socks grinned "That was lucky?"
"Three inches up and I'd be examining a corpse."
"A very good looking corpse" Socks corrected, illiciting an unwilling smile from Clair.
"But a corpse nontheless" Clair's fingers prodded the open wound, causing Sock's fist to clench down. Clair extended a small stick propped between her forefingers. He had an idea of what was about to happen.
"I'll need to sterilize the wound. Bite onto this"
Socks clenched down with his teeth, his knuckles whitened with anticipation as Clair removed an ember from the small fire. Pain shot through him like white lightning, engulfing his senses and blinding him to his surroundings with such force it was all he could do to keep from screaming. Biting down Socks kicked out and gripped the dead foliage scattered about, attempting to block out the pain.  Seconds later all that remained was a lingering stinging and the smell of burning flesh searing the wound.
"Geeze Clair, couldn't you just have let it fall off on its own? " he snapped. He hadn't meant to be quite so sharp with his response. Clair shrugged the comment off and removed the boiling pan of water from the fire. Inside lay a needle and thread looped about it. Clair fished the needle out with a pair of tweezers, letting them cool before gripping the thin metal firmly.
"This may hurt a bit." She stated in the detached tone of a medical practitioner.
"Now you tell me?" Socks laughed as he spit out the twig. Clair knelt down and gently nudged the needle into place. She worked like a tailor, gently mending the torn flesh together with each tug. The pain was tolerable. Heck, compared the the burn it was practically a foot rub and massage. Socks avoided looking at the needle as he felt the gentle pulling from Clair's fingertips
"Where'd you learn to that?" he asked. Clair's eyes kept focused on the shrinking wound
"You pick it up. It was one of those things you learned for fun that ended up keeping you alive.I thought it'd be a useful skill." she shrugged
"Well?"
"Yes?"
"How far are we?"
"We've got about another half days journey and we'll be at Outsider. At least that's what I was able to discern."
Socks inhaled sharply as the needle began to stretch at the skin
"Sorry about that."
Socks closed his eyes and let himself relax. For a time he could, but only for a time. He knew Raven would be growing impatient, and now he knew about them. Time was growing short, and it was not in their favor.

Hiro

Oh boy, what happened to me?  O_0 We don't know yet?
Well, that was a decent chapter nonetheless.

Will you please not write another chapter untill I come back from my vacation? I don't wanna miss (or even be late) on anything. I'll be back in about a week, can you do that?

Ringo

Quote from: H i r o on July 01, 2008, 10:03:55 PM

Will you please not write another chapter untill I come back from my vacation? I don't wanna miss (or even be late) on anything. I'll be back in about a week, can you do that?
But, can't you just read it when you get back or whatever?  doodthing;

Sam

No, he can't.  baddood;

Good chapter ringo. wub;
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Hiro

Quote from: Ringo on July 01, 2008, 10:05:22 PM
But, can't you just read it when you get back or whatever?  doodthing;
:'(

Kalahari Inkantation

Don't be selfish, you can read it when you return. baddood;

Go Up