June 16, 2024, 03:24:47 AM

1,531,265 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

There Will Be Blood

Started by Selkie, May 06, 2008, 05:13:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

I just watched it.

Was this movie supposed to be incredibly hilarious? I was laughing throughout the entire thing. I laughed when the metal pipe was knocked down into the well and killed the guy, and when Daniel Day Lewis was in the restaurant with his son and he put the napkin over his face and was talking, and the final scene I was practically in stitches.

Great movie, but I think I perceived it weirdly. Did anyone else find it funny?

Also, the last scene was incredible.

Selkie

Quote from: steal on May 06, 2008, 05:23:40 PM
Terrible film. The last scene was the only good one in the whole 2 hours and 40 minutes of it.

I also enjoyed the church scene where Eli made him yell for salvation. Those two scenes kind of go hand in hand

Snorkel

Quote from: steal on May 06, 2008, 08:39:29 PM
Yeah, now that you mention it, that was a good scene too.

but the movie dragged on for too fucking long, jesus if it were any longer i would have killed myself

worst nine bucks i ever spent

what the fuck, are you serious?

that movie goes straight into the top 10 best films ever made; it's absolute masterpiece of film

if you just want to go see action and superheroes and shit I understand, though

per the topic yeah it was funny in a darkly sarcastic Vonnegut type way, and it was great. The last scene in particular. None of it could have happened without Daniel Day-Lewis... Gangs of New York is the same (also a great movie)

I think P.T. Anderson is, besides Wes Anderson (not related, incidentally), probably the most underrated director... Boogie Nights, Magnolia, and Punch-Drunk Love have all been amazing films, especially in the art direction department.

Andrew1911

Ignore steal, we've already been over his shit. :|

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS

Anyway, some parts of the film were intentionally funny. The baptism scene and parts of the ending were meant to be humorous. Obviously, when Plainview bashes Eli's brains in, it kind of becomes less funny and more dramatic. The baptism scene is god damn hilarous.

"Just give me the blood, Eli!"

uh wut snorkel

how is pta underrated :|

He's gotten tons of acclaim for all of his films.

Go Up