June 07, 2024, 07:34:20 PM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Wut are you plans for the next few years?

Started by Norwegian Lesbians, April 28, 2008, 06:41:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Title27GT

The only reason to join the military is if you're incredibly poor and have absolutely no feasible way of paying off school loans, or you want to be a commercial pilot because it's free jet time.

ME##

I plan on travelling and leaving the US to do something I enjoy in another country. I would really like to work in Japan as a translator or something.

Tomboh

Quote from: JMV on April 28, 2008, 06:51:40 PM
I'm going to be the first male in my family to graduate from college.  baddood;
you keep thinking that

Socks

Quote from: Title on April 28, 2008, 06:52:14 PM
The only reason to join the military is if you're incredibly poor and have absolutely no feasible way of paying off school loans, or you want to be a commercial pilot because it's free jet time.

Or if you want to make it a career, or get a background in it to possibly work for a defense/intelligence related federal agency afterwards.

j o e i n c

Quote from: Liquid on April 28, 2008, 06:52:38 PM
I plan on travelling and leaving the US to do something I enjoy in another country. I would really like to work in Japan as a translator or something.
weaboo

Norwegian Lesbians

Quote from: Title on April 28, 2008, 06:52:14 PM
that first one
Shoo-Dang.

Tomboh

Quote from: Socks on April 28, 2008, 06:54:27 PM
Or if you want to make it a career, or get a background in it to possibly work for a defense/intelligence related federal agency afterwards.
Or to commit suicide without letting your family know that you really wanted to die.

superclucky

First person to actually get a good paying job and enjoy it maybe.

Or get married and procrastinate on my dream job.
kewns are smelly

Ricky

Make a living, find my own place, and when everything settles down in my life, I'd like to find some love. Life is changing for me.

I plan to find a job working with web development (like Community Server or Jive). Until then I'm just going to be a freelance scripter.

Snorkel

College for media design/production (i.e. training for film art direction), live somewhere not in the US after that, get into the indie film business and/or music. Music not as a career, though, unless it ends up that way.

Just for the next few years my plans are increase profit from my vintage Apple arbitrage and other ventures, and find a nice college to go to.

LCK

I'm going to eventually graduate high school, although not on time, and I'm going to frequently say "I'm going to college, I just don't know what for yet." But I'll never actually do it. I'll be stuck working shitty minimum wage jobs for the rest of my life, most likely at a grocery store. At the age of 46, I'll be so tired, worn out, and unhealthy, I'm going to die from a heart attack working a regular 1-9 shift and leave my family with nothing.

Go Up