April 16, 2024, 10:10:28 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Legalization of drugs and selling drugs.

Started by Full Metal Ryder, April 24, 2008, 02:41:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Full Metal Ryder

I didn't see a topic on it, so I decided to make one.

Should they?

I think there's some merit to the idea. There'd be a lot less violence involved in the drug trade. Many gangs commit acts of violence against people because of fear of being reported to the police, if selling drugs were legal much less people would be targets of gang violence. I think it'd be  a good idea if cities had small areas where drug trafficking is legal, and doing drugs is legal. As long as the areas were monitored by police, there'd be no "set tripping" or rivalry violence, because all the dealers would share the same turf, and there'd  be nothing to beef about.

I'm hoping that was long enough for serious discussion.

What are your thoughts?

sans culottes

Well, marijuana should obviously be legal.

I'm indifferent on drugs like cocaine and heroin, though. It'd stop some drug trafficking and it's your freedom to do drugs, but that shit is lethal. America isn't ready for all drugs to be legal yet, but it's about time we make weed legal.
I support BUSH

Jester

If the Government isn't making profit off of it, don't expect it to happen.
Everything burns.

sans culottes

Quote from: Jester on April 24, 2008, 04:31:29 PM
If the Government isn't making profit off of it, don't expect it to happen.

The government loses shitloads with the "war on drugs".
I support BUSH

Full Metal Ryder

Quote from: Co-Z on April 24, 2008, 09:46:00 PM
The government loses shitloads with the "war on drugs".
Shit isn't ever going to end if things stay the way they are.

sans culottes

Quote from: Way down in the hole. on April 25, 2008, 02:09:58 PM
Shit isn't ever going to end if things stay the way they are.

Yup.

They can't stop drugs. They shouldn't even bother with this bullshit 'war on drugs'.

The government could make profits off of weed. If weed was legal, most people wouldn't plant their own and the drug dealer would be obselete; they'd just walk over to 7-11 and buy a pack of joints. More taxes for the government.
I support BUSH

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Co-Z on April 25, 2008, 02:56:09 PM
Yup.

They can't stop drugs. They shouldn't even bother with this bullshit 'war on drugs'.

The government could make profits off of weed. If weed was legal, most people wouldn't plant their own and the drug dealer would be obselete; they'd just walk over to 7-11 and buy a pack of joints. More taxes for the government.
We can't stop murder, so should we stop any and all form of punishment for murderers?

And the government already profits off tobacco, so we don't need them to make even more money off our death.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

sans culottes

Quote from: Lawlz on April 26, 2008, 09:35:36 PM
We can't stop murder, so should we stop any and all form of punishment for murderers?

And the government already profits off tobacco, so we don't need them to make even more money off our death.

Your arguement failed. Marijuana doesn't kill you.

Drug traficking, however, does.
I support BUSH

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Co-Z on April 27, 2008, 12:11:44 AM
Your arguement failed. Marijuana doesn't kill you.

Drug traficking, however, does.
so inhaling thick smoke is good for the lungs and taking in something that inhibits your ability to think clearly is a-ok

Hauling around and distributing harms no one; it's the turf wars and grudges and evasion of police and what you do when high and all that slop, which people have been doing since the dawn of time and will continue to do.

protip: anyone that says "lol marijuana is harmless" is a dumbass.  people that say it's something that'll strike you down with the power of god, like the government, are just as stupid, but that doesn't mean it should be legalized. Issued for medical reasons, sure, but that's it. If I'm dying of cancer and there's no real chance of surviving, I may as well try to enjoy it.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

sans culottes

Bullshit.

People still smoke weed, even though it's illegal. How will throwing people in jail for having a pound of pot solve any problems?

Weed is like alcohol. If you try to do something stupid like drive under the influence of it, yeah, you'll probably die. If you sit around and don't do nothin' while you smoke weed, it's harmless.
I support BUSH

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Co-Z on April 27, 2008, 09:11:30 PM
Bullshit.

People still smoke weed, even though it's illegal. How will throwing people in jail for having a pound of pot solve any problems?

Weed is like alcohol. If you try to do something stupid like drive under the influence of it, yeah, you'll probably die. If you sit around and don't do nothin' while you smoke weed, it's harmless.
did i say prison was a solution

People will commit murder, burglary,  rape, and other crimes, and prison doesn't discourage many of them. Most feel guilty after they do it or don't want to harm someone else (or have their friends/family be ashamed of them), and that's what prevents them from doing it.

The problem is if marijuana is legalized, there would have to be a method to measure how much is in someone's system to determine what is a "safe" limit. People will get high and drive around and do stupid things; legalizing it and essentially saying the government approves of it helps absolutely nothing. Permitting it in all states solely for medical use has very few detriments compared to just selling it to everyone. It'll still be acquired by those it's not prescribed to, but at least not everyone in the nation will have an ounce.

sans culottes

Of course it's not okay for them to drive and do stupid things while on weed. That's the same with alcohol.

Y'know what'd be worse? Continuous drug trafficking problems, with violence over drugs making streets very dangerous. See: Pablo Escobar. Escobar killed over 500 to make sure his drugs would sell. Amount of people killed from puffing weed: none.

Anyone can get marijuana. Chances are, your parents have probably smoked it at least once in their lifetime. People will still smoke pot, even if it's illegal. Making pot illegal isn't accomplishing anything.
I support BUSH

reeper

April 29, 2008, 01:36:28 AM #12 Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:41:03 AM by reefer
Alcohol is more dangerous then weed is.

Some people smoke weed only because its illegal, because they want to do something illegal and "wrong" just to prove themselves. In other countries where alcohol is legal to everyone at any age, they don't have as many issues with alcohol because there is no curiosity in it.

Those people know at an early age what alcohol is, and know that it's not a big deal. They don't have a problem because the kids are allowed to drink it.

I can bet you 100 dollars that if you told 10 kids not to open some door, at least 70% of them if not all, would open the door out of curiosity. Same with weed, you tell them not to smoke it, and make it illegal, and many of them, if ever offered it, would smoke it.

Now if we never made it illegal, they probably wouldn't

If we made it legal for everyone today, they might but thats only because it was illegal, and they were curious about it and now it's legal and their curiously is still present.

reeper

Quote from: Lawlz on April 27, 2008, 12:23:30 AM
so inhaling thick smoke is good for the lungs and taking in something that inhibits your ability to think clearly is a-ok

Hauling around and distributing harms no one; it's the turf wars and grudges and evasion of police and what you do when high and all that slop, which people have been doing since the dawn of time and will continue to do.

protip: anyone that says "lol marijuana is harmless" is a dumbass.  people that say it's something that'll strike you down with the power of god, like the government, are just as stupid, but that doesn't mean it should be legalized.
Inhaling smoke isn't as harmful as people make it to be. Cigarettes are more harmful then weed. Alcohol is more harmful then weed.

People have died from an overdose of alcohol, no one has died from an overdose of weed ever. Sure, some dumb ass drove while high and died but same with alcohol, same with pain killers, same with tons of other medical drugs.

People don't die from hauling alcohol and selling alcohol, at least anymore, because its legal. During prohibition they did die from selling and hauling it, you know why? Because it was illegal.

QuoteIssued for medical reasons, sure, but that's it. If I'm dying of cancer and there's no real chance of surviving, I may as well try to enjoy it.
So you're saying it'll help you enjoy life but it should be illegal because it's harmful though it's less harmful then most anything outside of your room.

Cars are harmful, dogs are harmful, airplanes are harmful, bricks are harmful, computers are harmful.

Show me proof of someone dying of weed because I think you don't know what you're talking about. And of course if you're under the influence while driving, it would be illegal if weed was legal to smoke.

Hardcore

Marijuana  would be legal.Only problem is the Goverment likes to tax all drugs.Drugs like weed
Would be hard to tax,Cause it can be grown with great ease.
Other drugs like meth and crack,Which have shown actual proof they can harm you should not
be legalized.I envy the folks who live in holland.They have legal weed,And are allowed to smoke it when
they turn 18.

Go Up