For those of you who have ever read the Bible, or some of it...

Started by Himu, November 15, 2007, 06:06:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Tri4se

Yes there are several. I see the bible as more as a book of Christian principles, not a book about the history of Christianity. The stories in the bible are parables, stories that have an inner meaning. Not much of it is true.

By the way, how are we saved from our sins if we were the ones who killed Jesus?  psyduck;

don't let's

Quote from: JMV290 on November 15, 2007, 06:18:33 PM
There are many

Here is a post I made elsewhere. I'm going to expand on Tom_Riddle's point to show even more questionable stuff in the bible.

First I'd like to point out the order provided in the first chapter.

1)Plants
2)Animals
[glow=red,2,300]3)Man and Woman, at the same time[/glow]

And Chapter 2:

5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

--Blah blah blah just stuff about the garden--

18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Notice the order here

1 Plants
2 Adam(man)
3 Animals
4 Eve(Woman)

Now let's recap

Chapter 1:
Plants
Animals
Man & Woman

Chapter 2
Plants
Man
Animals
Woman

They only agree that Plants came first.   Other than that they contradict each other.

edit: made yellow something more readable.
Chapter 1 of Genesis was overview of the whole creation period. Chapter 2 started a more in depth view of when man was created and what happened after. And that should be pretty obvious if you actually read through chapters 1 and 2 at least once.

Daddy

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on November 25, 2007, 10:25:36 AM
Chapter 1 of Genesis was overview of the whole creation period. Chapter 2 started a more in depth view of when man was created and what happened after. And that should be pretty obvious if you actually read through chapters 1 and 2 at least once.
Did you read the quote at all?

Even if that was true, the order would be the same.   

CHAOS66

Yeah, sorta how gays are evil  psyduck; Even though everyone is equal  navi;

mariofreak

Daddy

mariofreak

Quote from: JMV290 on December 05, 2007, 09:28:59 AM
no god was
well if you read the bible it clearly says in about 2000 places that god wasn't perfect, but he's pretty much supposedly guiding the world so what he does is perfect in his mind which is likely all that matters because he's the all-knowing one

but okay, going by our criteria jesus very much so was the perfect one, not god

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Birth Man on December 05, 2007, 12:34:17 PM
well if you read the bible it clearly says in about 2000 places that god wasn't perfect, but he's pretty much supposedly guiding the world so what he does is perfect in his mind which is likely all that matters because he's the all-knowing one

so then jesus is greater than god

also, man is not perfect

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

well if you read the bible it clearly says in about 2000 places that god wasn't perfect
okay list ten

Daddy

2,000 places?  That's slightly less than twice per page. 

:atomsk:

Some things i have a problem with is that the bible says that god is an angry and jealous god. And i also don't like how the bible says that god hates homosexuals. He says to love your neighbor and he's pretty much justifying hatred(murder) toward gay men and women. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Go Up