June 27, 2024, 05:13:37 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ITT Zelda II

Started by The artist formally known, February 21, 2008, 11:58:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Lawlz on February 22, 2008, 02:47:33 AM
Not 3D, but I would love a new Zelda II. It's probably in my top three NES games because it has somewhat of a Castlevania feel except you can go wherever you want. Dungeons were awesome, combat system was great, enemies were a little scary for the time, and the music is just amazing. The only problem I have is that the cave to the last dungeon is too damn hard; when I finally made it through, I died immediately .

Having a Wii version with a kind of gloomy styled Super Paper Mario graphics (minus the lip to 3D slop) would be impressive.
Agreed, I had to get over 9 lives (it goes into letters after nine, so something like G lives) to beat it. doodthing;

Tomboh

Kalahari Inkantation

The Speaker Of Words

Zelda II is awesome.
I love all Zelda games.
I can't get past the second to last dungeon though.  :(

The artist formally known

Zelda II was Nintendo trying to make an original game, different from the first, but people shot it down because it was different. Sure it was much harder then an already difficult game but other then that it's a really really great game. I would fucking love Nintendo if they took ideas from Zelda II and made it into another Zelda game.

3D with the items, and leveling system that Zelda II has. Realtime RPGs are awesome.

FF12 isn't real time in my opinion, well not true real time.

Nyerp

Tomboh

Quote from: reefer on February 25, 2008, 04:29:17 PM
Zelda II was Nintendo trying to make an original game, different from the first, but people shot it down because it was different. Sure it was much harder then an already difficult game but other then that it's a really really great game. I would fucking love Nintendo if they took ideas from Zelda II and made it into another Zelda game.

3D with the items, and leveling system that Zelda II has. Realtime RPGs are awesome.

I hate the side scroll because it was retarded, not because it was "different".

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: reefer on February 25, 2008, 04:29:17 PM

And they need to have the original Zelda II team work on it. doodella;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Tomboh on February 25, 2008, 07:19:23 PM
So you also hate any and all NES action games?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

[hedy]Zidone

I got to the 6th palace, but I kept dying against Barba or whatever and I didn't want to level up any further because the lego palaces were burning my eyes. baddood;

The artist formally known

Quote from: Tomboh on February 25, 2008, 07:19:23 PM
Most people played Zelda II that I know way way way after LTTP came out and even OOT and hate it just because others do. And thats its not like any other Zelda.

I'd rather have a top down Zelda like LTTP in the style of Zelda II though. That would kick ass.
Overworld creatures would pop up like LTTP, not go into a battle scene and crap. I just like the magic and the leveling up.

Go Up