September 22, 2024, 10:27:31 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

i never know how much of a tip to give

Started by Daddy, January 19, 2008, 02:56:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: NotSid on January 19, 2008, 07:56:17 PM
fuck you dude, seriously.

Most waitresses/waiters make less than minimum wage. They work FOR the tips. My sister usually makes more in tips a night than she does in a weeks pay. Plus, BusBoy's get like 7 percent of that. So when you don't tip your server; not only are you taking money away from them, but from the busboys as well. Also, the Hostess gets tipped out 4%, so that's 3 people you are cheating.
That's not taking away money; that's denying them excess funds.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Houdini

Quote from: Lawlz on January 19, 2008, 08:59:56 PM
Maybe, but keep in mind that restaurant workers get payed less than they should.

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: Lawlz on January 19, 2008, 08:59:56 PM
They only get paid like 2 dollars an hour....
iSnake

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Houdini on January 19, 2008, 09:02:04 PM
Maybe, but keep in mind that restaurant workers get payed less than they should.
objection;

They're getting paid just right, because the guys up top always factor in the tips. Some people don't tip at all, and others slap down $20 for a single burger and diet coke.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

NOA_Haunted

My cell phone can calculate tips on it.  baddood;

Houdini

Quote from: Lawlz on January 19, 2008, 09:05:26 PM
objection;

They're getting paid just right, because the guys up top always factor in the tips.
You could say that. However:

Some people don't tip at all

Since some people tip too low or not at all, income from tips isn't always consistent. The real point here is that the American restaurant system sucks and restaurant owners should just pay the employees what they deserve so we don't have to tip.

and others slap down $20 for a single burger and diet coke.
I doubt very many people do that.

C.Mongler

If you don't they'll talk shit about you back at the pizza place (assuming you ordered pizza, my logic coming from experience because I work at a Domino's lul)

Daddy

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 19, 2008, 10:31:54 PM
If you don't they'll talk shit about you back at the pizza place (assuming you ordered pizza, my logic coming from experience because I work at a Domino's lul)
i have homies at all of those places so i need to tip good to keep my connections of occassional discounts or free food

Trini

My dad always gives them $5. Unless the meal reached around 80 like it id one time. I think he did $20 that time.
[CENTER][/center]

rreeppttaarr

I've been known to tip up to five dollars.

That may be a fallacy of mine

Go Up