October 05, 2024, 03:32:36 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Games you're close to beating but cannot because you suck

Started by The artist formally known, January 15, 2008, 01:06:25 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Claquesous

Super Paper Mario. I could probably beat it, but I just hate it. Also I'm stuck on some boss in Portrait of Ruin.

And Radiant Dawn's fourth part of the final chapter. The non boss enemies can teleport anywhere on the map, and I picked some crappy characters because I thought I needed to use the others later so I tried to balance it out. Now I can't go back.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Claquesous on January 19, 2008, 06:30:55 PM
Super Paper Mario. I could probably beat it, but I just hate it. Also I'm stuck on some boss in Portrait of Ruin.
spm sucks srsly

And I think I beat that whip battle in PoR, but hated it after that.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Claquesous

Yeah, the Vampire Slayer whip guy is who I'm stuck on.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Claquesous on January 19, 2008, 06:33:54 PM
Yeah, the Vampire Slayer whip guy is who I'm stuck on.
If I remember correctly, I did nothing but hop over him, whip him in the back, maybe use some sort of spell, then repeat.

He'd usually wipe me out with some powerful attack just right before he died, but if you keep up the pattern he's really not that hard. If you can't beat it, just leave it there and don't go any further; the game just gets horrible after that part and you'll regret playing on.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Claquesous

I don't even want to play it. I thought I'd like Castlevania because I like Metroid, and they're the same in the sidescroller and adventure aspect.

But I don't like Castlevania.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Claquesous on January 19, 2008, 06:42:38 PM
I don't even want to play it. I thought I'd like Castlevania because I like Metroid, and they're the same in the sidescroller and adventure aspect.

If you haven't played Dawn of Sorrow, you probably should. I'd say it's the best in the series.

Aside from that, the only ones I like to some extent are Aria of Sorrow and the first one. They aren't great, but the others are pretty bad.

strongbad

Simon's Quest  keke;
the day and night system was revolutionary  magician;

ncba93ivyase

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lawlz on January 19, 2008, 08:11:26 PM
If you haven't played Dawn of Sorrow, you probably should. I'd say it's the best in the series.
Try Symphony of the Nights. Dawn of Sorrow, though a great game, isn't the best.

Quote from: Claquesous on January 19, 2008, 06:42:38 PM

Maybe you tried one of the ones that aren't as cool or something.

The reason why I like the Castlevania games is because they're a bit challenging compared to a few of the games out there and most of them have a clear mode thats a lot harder if you already beat it.

The game's bosses are the only hard parts really.

Oh and big ass bosses are always just fucking awesome. Thats why I love Metroid, Casltevania, and Shadow of the Colossus. And the bosses of Odin Sphere are beautiful wub;

strongbad

Quote from: reefer on January 20, 2008, 05:31:18 AM
Try Symphony of the Nights. Dawn of Sorrow, though a great game, isn't the best.
Maybe you tried one of the ones that aren't as cool or something.

The reason why I like the Castlevania games is because they're a bit challenging compared to a few of the games out there and most of them have a clear mode thats a lot harder if you already beat it.

The game's bosses are the only hard parts really.

Oh and big ass bosses are always just fucking awesome. Thats why I love Metroid, Casltevania, and Shadow of the Colossus. And the bosses of Odin Sphere are beautiful wub;

The bosses on castlevania didn't bother me, what DID bother me was the fact that I never knew where to go.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Strongbad007 on January 20, 2008, 04:24:31 PM
The bosses on castlevania didn't bother me, what DID bother me was the fact that I never knew where to go.
I just explored around until I found where to go, looking at the map wasn't that hard  powerofone;

Sam

On both of the first two paper marios I somehow screwed myself over by trapping myself RIGHT before the bowser battle with almost no life and like no items. And for some reason I'm inable to go back anywhere.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

me003

R-Type
and StarTropics. That game gets so damn confusing. All the hidden walls, and then I put it down for a month, and I'm like, WTF do I do now?

And every RPG I've started but haven't finished, because I don't want to play it again because I forget what's going on in it.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: MethreE on January 22, 2008, 12:59:40 AM
R-Type
and StarTropics. That game gets so damn confusing. All the hidden walls, and then I put it down for a month, and I'm like, WTF do I do now?

And every RPG I've started but haven't finished, because I don't want to play it again because I forget what's going on in it.
The only RPG I've ever finished was Zelda II...unless Super Paper Mario counts as an RPG. goonish

The Oggmonster

Wind Waker because I stopped during the Triforce of Courage part. It was just annoying to keep on paying Tingle.
"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. "

Go Up