May 01, 2024, 03:10:01 PM

1,531,648 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Hallucination

Started by reeper, January 12, 2008, 03:50:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

Has anyone hallucinated before?

My friend has, he gets them at night mostly. Just wondering if it's common or something. Yes this is a serious thread because he really does have them, he says he sees people at night and they talk to them. He sounds really serious about it, he's not the one to say stuff for attention.

He's had them for a week, he sees his hallucinations as clear as he sees people and kinda like a dream he doesn't always realize that they're hallucinations until later, but it seems like he knows they're hallucinations right away most of the time.

Anyone know anything about it from personal experience or people you know? 

Kalahari Inkantation

January 12, 2008, 06:41:55 AM #1 Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:27:16 PM by Luke Atmey
The closest thing I've ever had to a hallucination was seeing something out of the corner of my eye, then turning around, and realizing nothing's there. But that's probably only because of being tired, because it's only happened once or twice right before I was going to bed.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Actually, I just found out that my dad had hallucinations. He used to tell me to go over to the door to look into the woods and see if I saw any bears, and I thought I was supposed to see bears so I said yes. Also, my mom told me that he has seen my dead grandmother out in the backyard several times. I've seen him stare at corners and stuff for hours on end too. He used to always be paranoid at night and slept on the couch with a baseball bat.

The Speaker Of Words

He should go see someone. What if he has Schizophrenia?

reeper

Quote from: XYZ on January 12, 2008, 12:26:27 PM
He should go see someone. What if he has Schizophrenia?
Yes, he is seeing someone, forgot to mention it.

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 12, 2008, 06:41:55 AM
The closest thing I've ever had to a hallucination was seeing something out of the corner of my eye, then turning around, and realizing nothing's there. But that's probably only because of being tired, because it's only happened once or twice right before I was going to bed.
Please, serious discussion isn't to relate to the post, it's to provide an actual discussion. Save those posts for general unless you've actually have hallucinations.

Quote from: NotSid on January 12, 2008, 07:05:40 AM
Actually, I just found out that my dad had hallucinations. He used to tell me to go over to the door to look into the woods and see if I saw any bears, and I thought I was supposed to see bears so I said yes. Also, my mom told me that he has seen my dead grandmother out in the backyard several times. I've seen him stare at corners and stuff for hours on end too. He used to always be paranoid at night and slept on the couch with a baseball bat.
Is that the only time he's had one that you know of? Just wondering if it stays with him forever or does he take medicine for it or anything else?

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: reefer on January 12, 2008, 11:34:43 PM
Is that the only time he's had one that you know of? Just wondering if it stays with him forever or does he take medicine for it or anything else?

I don't think his hallucinations are medical. My dad's been addicted to drugs since the mid 70's, so they are most likely drug related.

reeper

Quote from: NotSid on January 13, 2008, 03:21:36 AM
I don't think his hallucinations are medical. My dad's been addicted to drugs since the mid 70's, so they are most likely drug related.
Did you know that, though this may not be related, that when you smoke pot sometimes it gets stored in your fat and up to 10 years you can have a high just because it's released into your body again.

I doubt it's related but just kinda a weird fact.

Go Up