April 26, 2024, 06:01:23 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Glossolalia (Tongues)

Started by wawi, January 10, 2008, 05:26:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

wawi

January 10, 2008, 05:26:14 PM Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 01:46:09 PM by W4W1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c94b1_dx9Q8 (From Jesus Camp. Go to 9:00)

How many people think this to be just babbling? How manny think they're speaking some language? I mean, she appears to be saying something and then she just goes alalalalalalalalalalalalala. I can't think that this is real. Its so stupid. What are your views on it? Do you actually think they are speaking some universal language as some people think it is? I know people that say they've spoken in it >.>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossolalia (Wikipedia Page)

Daddy

Of course it's rubbish.  Evangelical Christians will buy whatever shit their church feeds them.

I also lol'd when that fat bitch started going on about fat, lazy Christians who can't give up their food.

wawi

Quote from: JMV290 on January 10, 2008, 05:47:45 PM
Of course it's rubbish.  Evangelical Christians will buy whatever shit their church feeds them.

I also lol'd when that fat bitch started going on about fat, lazy Christians who can't give up their food.

Ya, I know. BNy watching that documentary I found them to be extremely hypocritical

Houdini

All it does is show how gullible Evangelicals are.

I still need to watch Jesus Camp. I've been putting it off for so long because it scares me.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Houdini on January 10, 2008, 07:54:01 PM
All it does is show how gullible Evangelicals are.

I still need to watch Jesus Camp. I've been putting it off for so long because it scares me.

Jesus Camp is one of the scariest documentaries I've ever seen. It's almost as frightening as Deilver Us From Evil.

reeper

I think it's total bullshit. I've been to a church where they've done that, watched the people "talk" in gibberish like babies. Just gullible people buying more bullshit.

Whoever makes this crap up is probably laughing still.

Daddy

Quote from: reefer on January 10, 2008, 10:49:12 PM
I think it's total bullshit. I've been to a church where they've done that, watched the people "talk" in gibberish like babies. Just gullible people buying more bullshit.

Whoever makes this crap up is probably laughing still.
When I lived in New Hampshire for a year my sister had a friend whose father owned some church.

It was like a fucking cult.  He had healing water and they did all of this crazy shit.

don't let's

I don't if that's true or not because the actual biblical principle of "speaking in tongues" Well I'll just post what it says on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossolalia

In contrast to glossolalia, the Christian scriptures describe the ability to communicate to others (from other places) in languages previously not studied.

New Testament

In the New Testament, the book of Acts recounts how "tongues of fire" descended upon the heads of the Apostles, accompanied by the miraculous occurrence of speaking in languages previously unknown to them, but recognizable to others present as their own native language.

The phenomenon described in the Book of Acts (2:1-11) is variously interpreted either as religious xenoglossia, the speaking of an actual foreign language, or as the gift of interpretation being given to those present: the ability to understand the tongues (each person in his own language).

wawi

Quote from: Andrew1911 on January 10, 2008, 10:47:36 PM
Jesus Camp is one of the scariest documentaries I've ever seen. It's almost as frightening as Deilver Us From Evil.

It is a very scary documentsry, especially when the camp leader says she would like the kids ready to die for their cause just like in the Middle East. What is Deliver Us From Evil about? I haven't seen it

Andrew1911

Quote from: W4W1 on January 11, 2008, 01:45:02 PM
It is a very scary documentsry, especially when the camp leader says she would like the kids ready to die for their cause just like in the Middle East. What is Deliver Us From Evil about? I haven't seen it

Child molesting priest being shielded by the Church.

Samus Aran

I've only ever seen little bits of this documentary, like little excerpts with quotes from the kids and stuff. Last night I however watched a good portion of it, and I'm completely disgusted by the kinds of things this woman says. She completely admits that she's using the kids as tools.

wawi

Quote from: Kaz on January 11, 2008, 04:02:35 PM
I've only ever seen little bits of this documentary, like little excerpts with quotes from the kids and stuff. Last night I however watched a good portion of it, and I'm completely disgusted by the kinds of things this woman says. She completely admits that she's using the kids as tools.

I know, multiple times she says things that implies she just sees the kids as tool such as when she says the reason we go after little kids because they believe anything and by the time they're 5, everything gets embedded in their head. (Or something along those lines >.>)

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

I need to watch Jesus Camp the whole way through, I stopped watching because on comment the fat bitch made scared, and baffled me at the same time.

"HAD HARRY POTTER BEEN IN THE OLD TESTAMENT,HE WOULD HAVE BEEN PUT TO DEATH"

How can you put a fictional character to death? befuddlement

Daddy

Quote from: Cameron on January 12, 2008, 01:49:20 PM
How can you put a fictional character to death? befuddlement
You just set yourself for a joke about a biblical character dying.  caterpie;

But I agree that her actions are sickening.

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Quote from: JMV290 on January 12, 2008, 01:51:56 PM
You just set yourself for a joke about a biblical character dying.  caterpie;

But I agree that her actions are sickening.

I realized that right after I posted...

But anyways, I fucking hate christfags like her, they give non looney Christians like me a bad name...

Go Up