October 05, 2024, 12:04:39 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Looks like I may buy a PS3 for $400

Started by The artist formally known, December 29, 2007, 02:17:22 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: reefer on December 29, 2007, 01:00:39 PM
You've obviously never played Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, nor Metroid Zero Mission
Played the last two, and yes, I think Goldeneye is better than them.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on December 29, 2007, 01:01:56 PM
Played the last two, and yes, I think Goldeneye is better than them.
You've got to be kidding.

Goldeneye was awesome for its time but the game aged horribly.

All of those Metroid games will still be fun as hell years from now.

YPrrrr

Quote from: reefer on December 29, 2007, 01:03:23 PM

Yeah, sure now it looks horrible, but I'm judging it from when it was in its prime. I used to play against my friends for hours

None of those Metroid games really thrilled me much... I played each for a couple hours and both seemed repetitive and dull. Of course I've never really liked any side-scrolling shooter so there's major bias there.

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on December 29, 2007, 01:08:10 PM
Yeah, sure now it looks horrible, but I'm judging it from when it was in its prime. I used to play against my friends for hours

None of those Metroid games really thrilled me much... I played each for a couple hours and both seemed repetitive and dull. Of course I've never really liked any side-scrolling shooter so there's major bias there.
Go back and play Goldeneye, games okay but really really aged badly.

YPrrrr

Quote from: reefer on December 29, 2007, 01:09:11 PM
Go back and play Goldeneye, games okay but really really aged badly.
I said that psyduck;

And then I said I'm judging it from when I actually played it, and not against the current generation of games. It seems unfair to compare older games to those on systems a generation or two beyond it.

LINK2K9

A 60GB PS3? Go for it, sounds like a good deal for the best version of the PS3 (FUCK EMULATION SONY). I would buy a PS3 if it was $300. Praise drop before MGS4 plz? wub;

Quote from: reefer on December 29, 2007, 01:03:23 PM

If that's the case then everyone needs to shut the fuck up about Final Fantasy 7. That game has not held up AT ALL.

Just saying, I've mostly seen FF7 hate here so whatever, more power to you people.

lol lara lol

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: LINK2K9 on December 29, 2007, 01:29:48 PM
A 60GB PS3? Go for it, sounds like a good deal for the best version of the PS3 (FUCK EMULATION SONY). I would buy a PS3 if it was $300. Praise drop before MGS4 plz? wub;
If that's the case then everyone needs to shut the fuck up about Final Fantasy 7. That game has not held up AT ALL.

Just saying, I've mostly seen FF7 hate here so whatever, more power to you people.
80GB is pretty sweet. cook;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

LINK2K9

Quote from: Klavier on December 29, 2007, 03:44:27 PM
80GB is pretty sweet. cook;

True, but it still uses emulation.  gonk;

Better then nothing, I guess. (I'M LOOKING AT YOU 40GB  kratos; )

lol lara lol

strongbad

The only systems I've gotten myself were my used gcn, wii, n64, and snes. Obviously, the most expensive was the wii, unless you count systems that I've gotten as gifts which would be the ps2 when it first came out and my 360. My ps2 was a costco bundle and was around $250 according the my dad and the 360 was another bundle and it was 450$.

I spent about 500$ on my wii at launch so I'd say that was my most expensive and my least expensive would be my n64 which I bought from a friend for 20$ with 10 games  nigro;

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on December 29, 2007, 12:21:17 PM
Their only good games were on the N64 and the N64 wasn't even a great system.

Earthbound vs. Banjo Kazooie: We all know who wins there.

Banjo Kazooie sure is awsum

yeah he didn't reply. oh well not a big loss. saw my friends ps3 and wasn't too impressed so far. mgs4 will be worth it i suppose if it says on ps3 like i assume it may.

Go Up