This question is mainly directed towards those of you in college...

Started by YPrrrr, December 11, 2007, 02:49:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Alright, so it's been established that all of the consoles my brother and I share are staying home when I leave for college... So I either need to buy new ones, or get a labtop with plenty of memory and all that for gaming (my parents will pay for this because I "need" it).

Do you think investing in new consoles would be worth it? Or will it be a waste with so much to do already in college?

Infel

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on December 11, 2007, 02:49:08 PM
Alright, so it's been established that all of the consoles my brother and I share are staying home when I leave for college... So I either need to buy new ones, or get a labtop with plenty of memory and all that for gaming (my parents will pay for this because I "need" it).

Do you think investing in new consoles would be worth it? Or will it be a waste with so much to do already in college?
From my uninformed opinion, get a laptop. PC games are getting good, and even the old ones are still kickass.

Do me one favour, and do NOT get Vista, or, if you do, by another copy of XP, and dump Vista immediately. Most Vista games have XP friendly patches anyways.

Daddy

My school requires laptops.   I'd really suggest a laptop as opposed to a desktop since you can always have it with you.

YPrrrr

Quote from: JMV290 on December 11, 2007, 03:09:42 PM
My school requires laptops.   I'd really suggest a laptop as opposed to a desktop since you can always have it with you.
Well, I know I'm getting a labtop for sure...

My question is whether to get all the extra crap so I can play games such as Halo or WoW (just examples) on it, or just get a cheap one and buy a video game console (PS3, 360) instead.

Daddy

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on December 11, 2007, 03:16:39 PM
Well, I know I'm getting a labtop for sure...

My question is whether to get all the extra crap so I can play games such as Halo or WoW (just examples) on it, or just get a cheap one and buy a video game console (PS3, 360) instead.
What else besides games will you be using the laptop for?   If you have other resource heavy apps, get the better laptop.  If not just buy the cheaper one and a console.

The artist formally known

I'd just make sure I had a PS2, DS, and a computer to emulate other stuff, thats the least amount of video games I could live with.

Infel

Quote from: reefer on December 11, 2007, 06:34:59 PM
I'd just make sure I had a PS2, DS, and a computer to emulate other stuff, thats the least amount of video games I could live with.
A good computer can emulate both of those.

Quote from: KT on December 11, 2007, 07:25:55 PM
A good computer can emulate both of those.
First off, I like playing my DS in my hands, thats whats so appealing of it. PS2 titles aren't the best to pirate because their file size sorta limits them to torrents and most torrents unless the game is brand new will be dead. I don't mind paying $10 for a good PS2 game. Most PS2 games are only $10 right now anyways.

Also for people like Kaz, he is in college yet his school blocks torrents so he has to buy most everything that only can come from torrents.

Infel

Quote from: reefer on December 11, 2007, 10:02:27 PM
First off, I like playing my DS in my hands, thats whats so appealing of it. PS2 titles aren't the best to pirate because their file size sorta limits them to torrents and most torrents unless the game is brand new will be dead. I don't mind paying $10 for a good PS2 game. Most PS2 games are only $10 right now anyways.

Also for people like Kaz, he is in college yet his school blocks torrents so he has to buy most everything that only can come from torrents.
ENCRYPTION.

SIMPLEST ANSWER EVER.

Well, that and HTTP Tunnelers, but those things can fuck you up.

Quote from: KT on December 12, 2007, 05:08:50 AM
ENCRYPTION.

SIMPLEST ANSWER EVER.

Well, that and HTTP Tunnelers, but those things can fuck you up.
Oh and DS emulators don't work. Also touch screen is a bitch if you're playing something like Dawn of Sorrow where you have to write the emblem right after you beat a boss.

Go Up