September 16, 2024, 01:05:14 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

No school today.

Started by NOA_Haunted, December 11, 2007, 06:21:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tomboh

Quote from: JMV290 on December 11, 2007, 01:22:00 PM
It can be even lower than that. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freezing_rain
The entire atmosphere isn't a single temperature.
Quote from: Punta Tombo on December 11, 2007, 01:11:43 PM
I most certainly will not reply to this post with a single smiley. I will write out sentences that explain why the bolded worth quoting.

You see, rain turns to freezing/frozen precipitation if the temperature is below 32. Therefore, it cannot be raining and below 32 degrees at the same time.

Thank you for your time, Boyah.

(:|)
Yes, I'm aware of freezing rain. :|

As you can see here, freezing rain is classified as "freezing precipitation". Which I covered in my first post.

Daddy

Quote from: Punta Tombo on December 11, 2007, 01:26:24 PM
Yes, I'm aware of freezing rain. :|

As you can see here, freezing rain is classified as "freezing precipitation" (like I said in my first post), not liquid precipitation.

It's still rain.   Freezing rain isn't frozen while falling.   gb2Earth Science

Tomboh

Quote from: JMV290 on December 11, 2007, 01:27:55 PM
It's still rain.   Freezing rain isn't frozen while falling.   gb2Earth Science
I'm going to go with what professional Meteorologists say instead of an 18 year old.

sorry jmv

Daddy

Quote from: Punta Tombo on December 11, 2007, 01:33:47 PM
I'm going to go with what professional Meteorologists say instead of an 18 year old.

sorry jmv
You are a fucking retard.  You tried claiming it doesn't rain below 32 degrees and are now arguing over the sematics of "lol tis freezing precipitation" yes, it is BUT IT'S STILL RAIN YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKING SHITHEAD.

The artist formally known

Only 1 more day of college, it's an easy ass final that I've already heard every question from. I still have homeschool but I can complete 1 weeks worth of home school homework in about 1 hour

unwelc0med

Quote from: Punta Tombo on December 11, 2007, 01:11:43 PM
I most certainly will not reply to this post with a single smiley. I will write out sentences that explain why the bolded worth quoting.

You see, rain turns to freezing/frozen precipitation if the temperature is below 32. Therefore, it cannot be raining and below 32 degrees at the same time.

Thank you for your time, Boyah.

(:|)

punta tombo has a point.

ME##

We didn't have school today either, we got about 1 cm of ice and 6 cm of snow last night. It would be nice if we got another day off, but I doubt it will happen.

Go Up