The most important thing man will ever know

Started by Selkie, November 20, 2007, 03:30:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

Pictures taken from space. The thing we are surrounded by at all times, and our final frontier. We already know about micro physics and how every tiny thing on our planet works, now we have to apply it on a larger scale to the universe. There is so much there to learn about, and discover, and the only thing we can do from here on Earth, is look at it.

Our Sun...

Billions of those make up a galaxy...

And billions of those make up our universe...

And who's to say there aren't billions of universes in something larger?

Discuss what you think of the universe.

unwelc0med

Daddy

me003

I think we'll all die before we know.  magician;
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

strongbad

Quote from: MetheE on December 05, 2007, 02:54:39 AM
I think we'll all die before we know.  magician;

That's reasonable.
Alternate universes would be cool.

Title27GT

I would love to know if the universe ends. I mean, I'm pretty sure scientists say it doesn't, but there's got to be some sort of edge out there...

strongbad

Yeah, but if you think about it, theres no way if it could end.
Like, is there a huge fucking wall that you can't get through? Then what would be behind the wall. The only reasonable thing I can think of is that once you reach the end, you get looped back around to where you started somehow.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Strongbad007 on December 05, 2007, 05:42:58 PM
Yeah, but if you think about it, theres no way if it could end.
Like, is there a huge fucking wall that you can't get through? Then what would be behind the wall. The only reasonable thing I can think of is that once you reach the end, you get looped back around to where you started somehow.
Or the universe is just an expanding sphere. You reach the "end" and start to go up against the border, but it still appears as if you're going straight.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Selkie

Quote from: Lawlz on December 05, 2007, 05:53:46 PM
Or the universe is just an expanding sphere. You reach the "end" and start to go up against the border, but it still appears as if you're going straight.

If it's expanding, there has to be something on the outside for it to expand into.

Kalahari Inkantation

I wonder what it's expanding into. Maybe we're just a growing piece of mold on someone's bread. :O

But seriously, what is outside of the universe? Questions like these really make you want to just sit down and think.

guff

Quote from: Selkie on December 06, 2007, 01:32:47 PM
If it's expanding, there has to be something on the outside for it to expand into.
so what happens to said something?  does the universe just am be a little hungry hungry hippo and gobble it up or what

what's your definition of expansion of the universe
oh and for that matter, how about the same for the universe
Quote from: PHANTOM PHANTRON on December 06, 2007, 01:45:17 PM
But seriously, what is outside of the universe?
are you certain there's such a thing as outside the universe

thezerofire

I think the most important thing a man can ever know would be how the mind of a woman works, but it doesn't matter, cause we will never understand

Knig

We have plenty of work to do on the 'tiny things' before scientists can hope to learn more about the universe.

Infel

Quote from: Godot on December 06, 2007, 01:45:17 PM
I wonder what it's expanding into. Maybe we're just a growing piece of mold on someone's bread. :O

But seriously, what is outside of the universe? Questions like these really make you want to just sit down and think.
If this were true, our "space" would be LIQUID.

Go Up