May 01, 2024, 03:25:42 PM

1,531,648 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Quote from: C Mongler on July 09, 2010, 12:02:51 PM
I'm 3 hours in and its very Dragon Questy. I like it. But its not exactly super original or anything.

I still need to finish DQV on my DS before I start up another RPG. I love Dragon Quest <3

ME##

So far, I'm finding it pretty hard to get into the flow of Peace Walker.  I know it's not a bad game, but there's something off-putting about it.   confuseddood;

C.Mongler

Quote from: David Banner on July 10, 2010, 10:52:58 PM
So far, I'm finding it pretty hard to get into the flow of Peace Walker.  I know it's not a bad game, but there's something off-putting about it.   confuseddood;

Same thing happened to me. After falling in love with MGS4, I really wanted to give Peace Walker a go, but something about it made it hard for me to play for hours on end. Its fun to pick up and play for short bursts though I guess.

KonohaShinobi

Finally getting around to playing ALL of these games I bought on steam.

Played the borderlands intro(tutorial + scag mission), it's so cool. ClapTrap is so amusing, and I dig the atmosphere.

I chose The Soldier, although I feel some regret because I really wanted to use some magic powers (the chick) and the sniper rifles (the skinny guy). I am only like 10 minutes in but I am replaying it as the different classes just for kicks before I get in too deep.

Also started playing more STALKER SoC, my first time, only an hour in, I turned it off and lost all interest. THEN i downloaded the Stalker complete mod and the game is playable and actually enjoyable. Aiming and the weapons are still terrible though, and getting around can be a bitch (RANDOM CLOUD OF RADIATION DURRR) but the teleportation thing in the mod is genius and helps clearing huge areas.

Geno

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 12, 2010, 06:03:14 PM
Finally getting around to playing ALL of these games I bought on steam.

Played the borderlands intro(tutorial + scag mission), it's so cool. ClapTrap is so amusing, and I dig the atmosphere.

I chose The Soldier, although I feel some regret because I really wanted to use some magic powers (the chick) and the sniper rifles (the skinny guy). I am only like 10 minutes in but I am replaying it as the different classes just for kicks before I get in too deep.

Also started playing more STALKER SoC, my first time, only an hour in, I turned it off and lost all interest. THEN i downloaded the Stalker complete mod and the game is playable and actually enjoyable. Aiming and the weapons are still terrible though, and getting around can be a bitch (RANDOM CLOUD OF RADIATION DURRR) but the teleportation thing in the mod is genius and helps clearing huge areas.
The Sniper sucks, and the Siren is mediocre. But the fucking soldier and berserker fucking rock.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

ME##

Quote from: C Mongler on July 11, 2010, 12:21:33 PM
Same thing happened to me. After falling in love with MGS4, I really wanted to give Peace Walker a go, but something about it made it hard for me to play for hours on end. Its fun to pick up and play for short bursts though I guess.

Same.  I keep getting a nagging feeling I should be playing it on a PS3 as opposed to a PSP.  Portable Ops felt much better suited for a handheld than Peace Walker.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

KonohaShinobi

Played the intro to Red Faction Guerrilla. The destructibility is so badass. I lol'd when I was knocking down that tower in the intro and I set off the detonator charges accidentally while I was still inside the building and it came crashing down on my head and lived.

Cookie

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 14, 2010, 09:07:14 AM
Played the intro to Red Faction Guerrilla. The destructibility is so badass. I lol'd when I was knocking down that tower in the intro and I set off the detonator charges accidentally while I was still inside the building and it came crashing down on my head and lived.

That game is so much fun. I just loved making tunnels. I can't even remember the story of that game, that's how much fun I had playing it.

metalfaceape

Next: Metroid Other M, Etrian Odyssey III
Just Purchased: Dragon Quest IX

Current: Dragon Quest IX
Last: New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Samus Aran

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Lain on July 16, 2010, 08:35:48 PM
i've become re-addicted to FFTA2

i love grias <3

I still haven't beaten that game, and I bought it on launch day. Beat FFTA many many times, but never FFTA2 and now I am making it a priority, AFTER I am done with DQIX which will be a long way from now.

Red Faction so far has been my most played game from the steam sale so far, and I love that GFWL has linked achievements with my XBL account so, there needs to be more GFWL games lol. My only problem with RF:G is half the achievements are multiplayer linked and online is pretty dead except for like 27 people. I barely ever enter a server with more than 4 players.

Also you can literally destroy ANYTHING, I find it hard to NOT destroy something. I leveled the entire safehouse area with a walker (didn't save though) and it was the most fun I had all summer. Also I am trying really hard not to blow up bridges since I'll need them later, and buildings and stuff you break DO NOT respawn. I'm up at Badlands and I remember blowing up this wall in a random house in Dust, went back to Dust, still blown up.

And my god, the weapons. There are so many weapons, at first I thought the 6 weapons unlockable at the beginning were the only ones, but no, there's a god damn chainsaw, alternate sledgehammers, rocket launchers, DELICIOUS DESTRUCTION!

Most underrated game of 2009

Commander Fuckass

I bought Star Wars The Force Unleashed.

Its pretty fun
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

me003

I've been playing Secret of Mana. It's pretty hard, I'm pretty stingy with the healing items so I always die. I just got magic.

playing a little Yoshi's Island, and that's hard too. I suck at controlling yoshi, and I'm in the second world and keep trying to get the stars but that always ends up killing me.

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 19, 2010, 08:35:11 AM
Most underrated game of 2009

Is this for Xbox too?
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

strongbad

Played a shit load of Borderlands and a little bit of Alien Swarm yesterday with some friends.
It was fun.

Go Up