May 08, 2024, 12:01:50 PM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

StarPilot

Quote from: Kefka on April 28, 2010, 08:53:59 AM
While playing mass effect 2(also fallout 3) I now see how much more superior that Western RPGs are better than the jap rpgs hocuspocus;

You guys are always "ACTION ACTION ACTION". I prefer the more grindy games like jrpgs, though I think Disagea might be a bit too grindy even for me.

Also, just beat Breath of Fire VII on normal (yes it is a fairly short game), though I missed the optional boss and can't find my way back out of the final dungeon to go fight it. akudood; Might just go and play it again on hard.

Oh, and to continue my "retro is the new 'new'" streak, I dl'd the demos for Mega Man 9 and 10. Main reason I want to demo them first is that I'm terrible at platformers, but they might be fun enough for me to get past that, and the spikes/traps/bottomless pits.

Samus Aran

uh star...wait...have you never played a mega man game before 9 or 10? can't imagine any other reason you'd need to demo them.

StarPilot

Quote from: Lain on April 28, 2010, 11:48:48 PM
uh star...wait...have you never played a mega man game before 9 or 10? can't imagine any other reason you'd need to demo them.
no saddood;

KonohaShinobi

StarPilot

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on April 29, 2010, 11:17:44 AM
Next purchase: SSFIV and Halo 3: ODST
wow, even I played MM1 and 2.
Well in my defense I had a Genesis/Mega Drive as a kid, and never owned a Nintendo console until the N64/GBColor.

Cookie

I got in the Halo Reach Beta.

Not for buying Halo ODST, but for being a "Loyal halo 2 player" yay for free stuff.

ME##

don't let's

StarPilot

April 29, 2010, 03:11:35 PM #4838 Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 03:25:54 PM by StarPilot
I think I need more practice at platforming. I couldn't even get past the 3rd elephant in MM9.

Also, boo at the MM10 demo ending at the second miniboss.

Geno

Quote from: StarPilot on April 29, 2010, 03:11:35 PM
I think I need more practice at platforming. I couldn't even get past the 3rd elephant in MM9.

Also, boo at the MM10 demo ending at the second miniboss.
I always just run up to that one and fire like crazy. You take a little damage but it makes it alot easier.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

strongbad

I'm done with MH3 because I don't have time for that shit
But I just got Farcry 2 from Goozex and I have wanted this game since launch but I never got around to playing it, so I am excited to play it now :)

rdl

hey uh starpilot. if you want to be cheap, look on google for the 8-bit fan remakes of mega man 7 and 8. they're completely legal (and free)l, and i think 7 is finished. 8 is halfway done.

StarPilot

Quote from: FDR on April 29, 2010, 10:46:51 PM
hey uh starpilot. if you want to be cheap, look on google for the 8-bit fan remakes of mega man 7 and 8. they're completely legal (and free)l, and i think 7 is finished. 8 is halfway done.
That implies that I have a PC, or use one for gaming of any kind.

rdl

Quote from: StarPilot on April 29, 2010, 10:50:58 PM
That implies that I have a PC, or use one for gaming of any kind.
yeah cause 8-bit games require such an advanced graphics card.
good point though, i dunno if it runs on mac. prolly not

Samus Aran

why would you even suggest those when he should instead simply emulate the first three mega man games

Go Up