May 08, 2024, 11:13:22 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

StarPilot

Quote from: GENOP on November 11, 2009, 02:33:58 PM
Rent Borderlands.
MW2 has infinite replay value while Borderlands gets dull once you hit the level cap.
I don't rent anything, I play to own. I haven't rented a game since the N64 days because I do some research on what interests me the most, not just following hype-trains of mainstream gaming.

Hell, I still play TF2 on my 360 because it's fun and isn't a spray-and-pray-grenade-spam-with-AC130s-that-your-current-setup-can't-deal-with-because-you're-doing-something-else fest known as MW2. I'm highly turned off of MW1's online play, I don't think $60 is worth paying for a single player game I'll only play a couple of times, and I hate the bullshit IW/Activision pulled on PC gamers (no dedi servers, mods, 3rd party community support) so they're not getting my money.

Then there's the fact that maybe I'd like to be able to play a highly cooperative game with a handful of friends and would like to support new IPs that aren't copypasta of other games released this generation. I also like being able to support teammates in a meaningful way other than simple kill count and running around like a retard.

strongbad

Quote from: StarPilot on November 11, 2009, 02:57:03 PM
Then there's the fact that maybe I'd like to be able to play a highly cooperative game with a handful of friends and would like to support new IPs that aren't copypasta of other games released this generation. I also like being able to support teammates in a meaningful way other than simple kill count and running around like a retard.

I wish that every "gamer" at my school would think like this.

Geno

Quote from: StarPilot on November 11, 2009, 02:57:03 PM
I don't rent anything, I play to own. I haven't rented a game since the N64 days because I do some research on what interests me the most, not just following hype-trains of mainstream gaming.

Hell, I still play TF2 on my 360 because it's fun and isn't a spray-and-pray-grenade-spam-with-AC130s-that-your-current-setup-can't-deal-with-because-you're-doing-something-else fest known as MW2. I'm highly turned off of MW1's online play, I don't think $60 is worth paying for a single player game I'll only play a couple of times, and I hate the bullshit IW/Activision pulled on PC gamers (no dedi servers, mods, 3rd party community support) so they're not getting my money.

I like you. Your arguments aren't just "lol fuck you i like this" you actually have a very good reasoning behind your opinions. thumbup;
Very good points.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Sillbury

The seller I bought Soulcalibur 4 off three weeks ago finally tells me today that they're out of stock. DAMMIT EBAY. So now i've got enough moniez for either Borderlands or COD 42 or whatever it's called. WHAT DO I DO

strongbad

Quote from: Emu Dragon on November 11, 2009, 03:21:54 PM
The seller I bought Soulcalibur 4 off three weeks ago finally tells me today that they're out of stock. DAMMIT EBAY. So now i've got enough moniez for either Borderlands or COD 42 or whatever it's called. WHAT DO I DO

Borderlands.
See above posts.

Sam

When I go home for thanksgiving I think I'm going to get Eternal Sonata or Tales of Vesperia. Which is better? I'll probably buy the other one over Christmas break, so it's just a matter of which I should play first.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Hiro

Sillbury

Quote from: Lain on November 11, 2009, 09:12:10 AM
but i am a fledgeling 360 owner and i need other games first baddood;
Man Kaz games are cheaps as chips, you can easily get used games under 15 bucks here on ebay, well anything over a year old. I usually get 1 game per fortnight. as I only got my xbawkz at the start of the year and there's a ton of shit that people pretty much give away that I haven't played.

Hiro

StarPilot

Quote from: Hïro on November 11, 2009, 03:37:25 PM
I need both PS3 and Xbawks saddood;
Only if there are exclusives on both platforms you're interested in. Most games are released on both, so there isn't much reason to have both unless you want to play games that you can't get on both. Just be sure that if you get a 360 to get a hard drive with it (Elites have 120GB, Arcades have a lame 512MB memory card) if you ever plan on downloading things through Live. Getting an Arcade and HDD separate is a waste of money as the price of the HDD is more than the difference to just get an Elite. PS3s have internal hard drives though, and have a decent amount of storage with the option of using other devices for storage as well.

I'd suggest a PS3 as it's price is now comparable to other platforms as well as having free online service (Live is free too if you're not interested in online multiplayer) and a solid lineup of exclusives for the holiday season like Uncharted 2, MAG (not sure when that's out), and Arkahm Asylum (not exclusive per se, but has exclusive Joker levels).

Hiro

Yeah, I've already decided the PS3 has the exclusives and features I want. I just wish I could play online on XBL with other people I know and XBLA has some good games. But I need The Last Guardian.

Sillbury

Yeah I was going to get a PS3, but all my friends have a 360. Trading games and not having to buy more controllers when people come over was the selling point. Also I am in love with the 360 controller, and really dislike the PS3 one.

Hiro

I like both controllers, so that doesn't matter to me. The friends thing would be great, but I really don't want to pay that much for online play, and I prefer the PS3 exclusives to the 360 ones.

Samus Aran

best solution: get both

which i fully plan to do, eventually

Geno

Quote from: Lain on November 12, 2009, 02:29:40 AM
best solution: get both

which i fully plan to do, eventually
I don't see the point at all. Just one should be fine. If there's a game I want to play on the PS3 I just play it at a friends house or something.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up