May 09, 2024, 04:01:38 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

StarPilot

Quote from: GUOB on September 23, 2009, 07:47:55 PM
Try the demo. Seriously the leaderboards are so well implemented in the general gameplay it is awesome. This is the only racing game (besides figure 8 circuit on mkds) where i actually go back on tracks for better times.
If I had any interest in playing it I would've tried the demo a month ago. It's not like I don't keep tabs on what's new in the XBLA.

strongbad

But it is very good and I feel like I am not doing my part if there are people who aren't playing it :(

StarPilot

Quote from: GUOB on September 23, 2009, 09:04:14 PM
But it is very good and I feel like I am not doing my part if there are people who aren't playing it :(
I can say the same about Defense Grid. Also,

QuoteRedLynx has announced (via Eurogamer) that Trials HD has sold in excess of 300,000 copies on Xbox Live Arcade. While that would be an impressive number for any XBLA game, the achievement is made even more so given that the game has only been on sale for a month. Previously, Microsoft touted the game as breaking the record for first-week sales of a single-player game. The feat was later squashed by Shadow Complex, but Trials HD remains one of the top five best-selling XBLA games.

We can only assume that the next record attempt will be for the most (and most frustrating) single-player DLC downloads.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/23/one-helluva-stunt-trials-hd-sells-300k-on-xbla/

I think there's already plenty of people playing it. wariodood;

I might look into it some time though after my current school session is over in 5 weeks.

strongbad

Yeah I just saw that article on Destructoid.
But it is fun when you have a lot of friends playing it (hey i should add you bro) since the friends leaderboards are implemented perfectly.

Also I may check out defense grid now.

Wrench

Might be buying Scribblenauts, Drawn to Life, and Drawn to Life Next Chapter for Lauren as a birthday/christmas gift.

C.Mongler

Playing Persona 4. Been playing for 1.5 hours and I havn't even gotten to actually play yet. Fuuuuuck.

StarPilot

DL'd the Brutal Legend demo off Live this morning. Loving it so far. Might be my next purchase.

I think I can predict the ending though.
[spoiler]"Tween" band at the beginning becomes a true heavy metal band at the end? idk[/spoiler]

Lotos

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Lotos on September 24, 2009, 02:46:49 PM
I bought Scribblenauts :3

you got gipped, lol.

game is fun for the first 2 or 3 worlds, then you realize how stupid it is.

Fuck, I wanted to love Scribblenauts but every time I play it, I get so frustrated with the controls and how the best laid plans are always killed by the sloppy interface, camer panning 3 seconds after you move it, how you do not need to use even a fraction of the game's dictionary to solve everything...

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Commander Fuckass

ME##

I'm trying, emphasis on the trying, to play the Peace Walker demo.  At first, I thought it was set up similar to Portable Ops where you had to go to the menu to select the missions, but all that did was take me back to the beginning of the demo.  Then, I noticed that Miller was saying 'mapu', so I decided to look at the map, and realised that I had to go to the other end of the beach and grenado the little chain linked door to get into the next area.  n_u

Though, there are some things I find a little strange, instead of dumbing down the standard MGS controls like they did for PO, the changed it so the face buttons control the camera [Which, I find to be a little strange, but more on that later], a quick press of the down button on the D-pad makes Snake crouch, whilst holding it down makes him lay down [Though, Snake seems to have lost the ability of crawling ], the left and right buttons on the D-pad have taken the place of L2 and R2 receptively and you use the face buttons square and circle to toggle through the mneus and finally, unexpectedly, L aims your weapon and R fires said weapon, but it's also used for rolls.  Back to the camera, the thing I find strange about it is that it jitters a little whilst moving, but it isn't too distracting.

I can see that Kojima seems to actually be putting more of his heart into this title than the previous PSP games though, which seems to be a good thing.   baddood;

Also, I'm a nerd lol.

C.Mongler

Quote from: StarPilot on September 24, 2009, 01:26:06 PM
DL'd the Brutal Legend demo off Live this morning. Loving it so far. Might be my next purchase.

I think I can predict the ending though.
[spoiler]"Tween" band at the beginning becomes a true heavy metal band at the end? idk[/spoiler]

Considering they're all dead I doubt it.

Commander Fuckass

Buying either Mario and Luigi 3 today or scribblejews

Nyerp

Go Up