May 03, 2024, 03:48:52 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Just finished Killzone 2.  I have to say, Guerrilla did learn a lot of lessons from their first two awful FPSes.

Thyme

Quote from: Canard Diapason Funambule on June 16, 2009, 07:11:59 PM
Just finished Killzone 2.  I have to say, Guerrilla did learn a lot of lessons from their first two awful FPSes.

My little brother loved Shellshock and Killzone. sillydood;

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on June 16, 2009, 07:13:41 PM
My little brother loved Shellshock and Killzone. sillydood;

The first Killzone was mildly enjoyable at times. 

But Shellshock was just a mess. n_u

Sam

Quote from: Orochi on June 09, 2009, 06:45:31 PM
if you bought the wii version i will slaughter you

Of course I didn't. Way to doubt me though, douche.  baddood;

Oh, but getting the PS2 version has ended up kicking me in the ass because my little brother lost the memory card (I have no idea why hge even took it out i the first place) so now I can't save and there's a LOT of dialogue in the beginning :( And since I spent all that money, I can't afford a new memory card. ^_^
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Hiro

Quote from: Sam on June 16, 2009, 07:37:41 PM
Of course I didn't. Way to doubt me though, douche.  baddood;

Oh, but getting the PS2 version has ended up kicking me in the ass because my little brother lost the memory card (I have no idea why hge even took it out i the first place) so now I can't save and there's a LOT of dialogue in the beginning :( And since I spent all that money, I can't afford a new memory card. ^_^
;_______;

Placebo Headwound

I might start Silent Hill 2.

And actually try to finish it this time.

Sam

I guess this is kind of woryth mentioning. On of the preset games on my Zune is this game called "Hexic" I don't know i it's availableon anything other than the zune.... but GOD DAMN IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Basically, you rotate hexagons (three rotate around each other at a time). If three of the same color hit eachother, they pop and fall and more come in to fill in the screen from above. Pretty basic, right?

Oh, but the goal of the game isn't to pop them, oh no,. You have to form hexagons out of the colors. When you do that, a star shape appears in the middle. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO MAKE A HEXAGON OUT OF ONE COLOR IWTHOUT THEM POPPING?! FUCKING HARD. I can do it 3-4 times tops in one game before I die (there are bombs that give you a set number of turns to get rid of).

Oh, but there's more. After you make enough of these star shapes, you need to turn THOSE into a hexagon to get these weird black pearl shapes. Then, to win the game, you need to make a hexagon out of the black pearls. That's 6 black shapes, which is 36 stars, which is 216 mono-colored hexagons. I can only get 3-4. what. the. fuck. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. And makes me absolutely enraged when I play it. I've played a LOT and I absolutely think there is NO way any person could beat that game.

Hiro

Quote from: Sam on June 16, 2009, 08:00:23 PM
I guess this is kind of woryth mentioning. On of the preset games on my Zune is this game called "Hexic" I don't know i it's availableon anything other than the zune.... but GOD DAMN IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Basically, you rotate hexagons (three rotate around each other at a time). If three of the same color hit eachother, they pop and fall and more come in to fill in the screen from above. Pretty basic, right?

Oh, but the goal of the game isn't to pop them, oh no,. You have to form hexagons out of the colors. When you do that, a star shape appears in the middle. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO MAKE A HEXAGON OUT OF ONE COLOR IWTHOUT THEM POPPING?! FUCKING HARD. I can do it 3-4 times tops in one game before I die (there are bombs that give you a set number of turns to get rid of).

Oh, but there's more. After you make enough of these star shapes, you need to turn THOSE into a hexagon to get these weird black pearl shapes. Then, to win the game, you need to make a hexagon out of the black pearls. That's 6 black shapes, which is 36 stars, which is 216 mono-colored hexagons. I can only get 3-4. what. the. fuck. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. And makes me absolutely enraged when I play it. I've played a LOT and I absolutely think there is NO way any person could beat that game.
It's also on Xbox Live.
But uhh, all that hexagon stuff is just like an additional goal, not the only way to play  baddood;
I'm pretty sure if you did all that, you'd have to be a master of that game.
I kinda like it though, but I usually play sudoku. thumbup;

Sam

Quote from: Hïro on June 16, 2009, 08:03:43 PM
It's also on Xbox Live.
But uhh, all that hexagon stuff is just like an additional goal, not the only way to play  baddood;
I'm pretty sure if you did all that, you'd have to be a master of that game.
I kinda like it though, but I usually play sudoku. thumbup;

well if you read the instructions, it says that's what you do in order to win. So that's the goal. :| And it's impossible. :|

Hiro

Quote from: Sam on June 16, 2009, 08:05:05 PM
well if you read the instructions, it says that's what you do in order to win. So that's the goal. :| And it's impossible. :|

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
who reads the instruction manual?  wariodood;

Sam

Quote from: Hïro on June 16, 2009, 08:06:46 PM
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
who reads the instruction manual?  wariodood;

Well after playing the game for 20 minutes not knowing what the fuck I'm supposed to do and aimlessly blowing up blocks I decided it would be a good idea.  baddood;

Meanwhile I beat that shooting game on the hardest difficulty on my zune.  giggle;

Hiro

Quote from: Sam on June 16, 2009, 08:15:15 PM
Well after playing the game for 20 minutes not knowing what the fuck I'm supposed to do and aimlessly blowing up blocks I decided it would be a good idea.  baddood;

Meanwhile I beat that shooting game on the hardest difficulty on my zune.  giggle;
i thought it was just a puzzle game like tetris  doodhuh;
the shooting game is... okay i guess. I lost interest after 2 levels.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Sam on June 16, 2009, 08:15:15 PM

I spent many a day listening to sufjan stevens and playing that.  hocuspocus;

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Sam

Quote from: Hïro on June 16, 2009, 08:23:17 PM
i thought it was just a puzzle game like tetris  doodhuh;
the shooting game is... okay i guess. I lost interest after 2 levels.

It is a pretty boring game, but I can still brag about being good at it.  giggle;

KonohaShinobi

Oh shit, I have Hexic, some random SHMUP shooting game and checkers, sudoku, and Texas Hold Em on my Zune.

Space Battle (the SHMUP) is the only one I found some enjoyment in. And yeah, Hexic HD is on XBL, I got it for free (came with the xbox along with Pacman CE, and Catan). Pacman CE is the shit, only played it yesterday when XBL was down, and I was pretty entertained, esspecially for a free game. Catan is confusing though.

Also, Last BEaten: Legend of Starfy the ending caught me off guard [spoiler] first there was that piss easy  battle with mashtooth, you just jump over him and meteor his ass, then his second form, ended up killing me twice because I got confused with the lightning strikes and the flying boulders.[/spoiler] All in all, it was a very satisfying game. Now to collect all lf those chests and [spoiler]play through the bonus ninth world where you can play as Starly through her adventure[/spoiler]

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS DAMN GAME! The trouble I had with it in the past was that I tried getting through the shadow temple without the lens of truth (BAD MISTAKE). But now I have it, and am about to face the temple's boss, Bongo Bongo. I should be finished with it by the end of the week.

Go Up