May 10, 2024, 07:23:05 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: TECTRINKET on January 24, 2009, 06:27:02 PM
Right up until you get to the Temple of the Ocean King for the 300th time. n_u

OH GOD Why was that part of the game?!
Quote from: Thief888 on January 24, 2009, 11:32:03 PM
I just beat Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again.

Haven't played it since it first came out before this week. n_u

I'll never know how you beat the Dark Princess or whatever the hell they called her

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on January 25, 2009, 06:40:26 AM
I'll never know how you beat the Dark Princess or whatever the hell they called her
People need to stop bitching about how hard she is.

If you saved all the Ultra Shrooms and Jammin' Jellies you found you should have no problem with her.

If you actually used them up on the way there, well, alls I have to say is that you suck horribly at this game. n_u

strongbad

So for the PS2 MGS games, I know that there's MGS 2 and 3, but there's like 50 versions of both. I want to get each game, for the sake of knowing the story and everything, but which versions are the best or whatever?

Thyme

Quote from: David on January 25, 2009, 12:15:44 PM
So for the PS2 MGS games, I know that there's MGS 2 and 3, but there's like 50 versions of both. I want to get each game, for the sake of knowing the story and everything, but which versions are the best or whatever?

2 versions of both. You want MGS2: Substance and MGS3: Subsistence.

strongbad

Samus Aran

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on January 25, 2009, 06:40:26 AM

I don't understand what's so hard about her. I beat her the first time I tried. doodthing;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on January 25, 2009, 12:15:44 PM
http://ps2.psu.com/media/metal-gear-solid:-essential-collection/MGS%20Essential%20Collection%20Box%20Art.jpg

$30 for all three. n_u

only downside is, mgs3 doesn't come with disc 2, and disc 2 has a bunch of bonuses including the very first metal gear games

strongbad

The only thing is that I don't have a PS1 memory card, so I wouldn't be able to save on the first one, which would piss me off. I think I'll just get 2 and 3 used for like $20 combined at gamestop, and then buy the GCN remake of the first one, since I heard that the remake is far superior to the original.

Thyme

Quote from: David on January 25, 2009, 12:19:36 PM
Are those just bonus editions with extra content?

Basically.

Substance is Sons of Liberty with a VR Training mode, some silly skateboarding game and alternative stories called Snake Tales.  I think there's also an additional difficulty mode.
Subsistence is Snake Eater with a camera you can turn around Snake (it simply follows you around in Snake Eater) and online multiplayer.

strongbad

I heard that the servers are down for the online multiplayer, though.
Damn.

Hermione Granger

I'M REPLAYING TWILIGHT PRINCESS AND I PLAYED 4 TEMPLES IN ONE DAY YESTERDAY. I'M NOW IN HYRULE CASTLE. akudood;

Nyerp

Quote from: Kaz on January 25, 2009, 12:21:22 PM
I don't understand what's so hard about her. I beat her the first time I tried. doodthing;

sorry kaz, not all of us are masters of every game we play doodhuh;

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Nyerp on January 25, 2009, 03:52:48 PM
sorry kaz, not all of us are masters of every game we play doodhuh;
Unless you've been running from every fight and not leveling up properly, or you used up all your items because you suck so much at timing, she shouldn't be hard. akudood;

Seriously, I went in with two attack boosting badges, two defense boosting badges, and an HP plus badge at Lv. 28 with only two Ultra Shrooms and a Jammin' Jelly in my inventory and I beat her the first try.

You just suck. doodhuh;

Nyerp

that's nice that you're apparently better at the game than me, steal

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Nyerp on January 25, 2009, 05:05:51 PM
that's nice that you're apparently better at the game than me, steal
lolwut

Stop sucking so much, at around the 30 hours it takes to get to her, you should have learned how to time your blocking and attacks effectively, faggot.

Go Up